gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975501 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX March 29, 2024, 05:41 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  BITD pictures of old school Radness!!!  |  Chris Youngs's photo albums PT1 Skyliners trick team
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Chris Youngs's photo albums PT1 Skyliners trick team  (Read 21526 times)

Offline Torkeredup

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
Re: Chris Youngs's photo albums PT1 Skyliners trick team
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2015, 10:40 PM »
Loving the pics, I was at Norman Park when Chris did that jump. There was a huge sense of relief in the air when he cleared all those cars, at the time it was a huge jump to anything I had ever seen.

Correct me if I'm wrong did'nt his Mum and Dad have a bike shop in Lee High rd, Lewisham, Youngs cycles?

Thanks for sharing  :nuts:
Its like a jungle sometimes..

Offline absinthe_boy

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2016, 01:59 PM »
Old thread but I remember reading about Chris making that jump and seeing photos. I thought he was nuts!

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2016, 02:33 PM »
Loving the pics, I was at Norman Park when Chris did that jump. There was a huge sense of relief in the air when he cleared all those cars, at the time it was a huge jump to anything I had ever seen.

Correct me if I'm wrong did'nt his Mum and Dad have a bike shop in Lee High rd, Lewisham, Youngs cycles?

Thanks for sharing  :nuts:
no the shop in Lee High road was owned by Steve Young (no relative to chris) Chris's dad Dave was a roofer and builder mainly but turned his hand to many thngs.
I was the manager of Youngs BMX in Lee High Road in 1985 at the age of 19  :) before that i worked at Chris Compton Cycles in Catford.

Offline Monk_Wally_Honk

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2016, 03:16 PM »
My first BMX came from Youngs in 81. My mates from Comptons.
Gertcha!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  BITD pictures of old school Radness!!!  |  Chris Youngs's photo albums PT1 Skyliners trick team

gfxgfx
gfx gfx