gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975537 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 08:02 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  NO MORE NORTH REGION, committee all stand down!!!!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: NO MORE NORTH REGION, committee all stand down!!!!!!  (Read 8018 times)

Offline Gish

• 540 Air
  • who the fook are you lookin at !!!!
  • Rated:
Re: NO MORE NORTH REGION, committee all stand down!!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2010, 06:47 PM »
if theres no more north region i might cash me tnt in and get a skatepark bike ???
Ride it like its stolen

dan-dare

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2010, 06:50 PM »
if theres no more north region i might cash me tnt in and get a skatepark bike ???

get a c50 on the road.

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2010, 09:18 PM »
Plac 90  :daumenhoch:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2010, 10:38 AM »

thats when the big injuries really start coming in  :LolLolLolLol:

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2010, 01:42 AM »
 :) At some point an EGM will be called to discuss what has happened and see if anyone else has volunteered or had their names put forward.Summer Series won`t kick off until March so fingers crossed something will be decided by then.

rupert

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2010, 07:09 PM »
cumbria, penrith went tits up! piss poor council  :2gunsfiring_v1:
[/

That's a polite way of saying what happened mate !
We was let down badly '

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2010, 12:51 AM »
 :) Went to the EGM last night,a new commitee has been elected.All North Region club secretaries have been informed of the new line-up & hopefully this will be forwarded to club members and the North Region website soon.

Offline James Nada

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2010, 07:12 PM »
:) Went to the EGM last night,a new commitee has been elected.All North Region club secretaries have been informed of the new line-up & hopefully this will be forwarded to club members and the North Region website soon.

Spill the beans James - have they put you in charge?

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2010, 07:34 PM »
...there's been an Old School led coup - all clips, lycra and tarmac tracks banned with immediate effect.  Lanes on the start-hill to be reinstated, along with parts of tracks where you can actually pedal. All berms to be lowered and loose surfaces added.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 07:37 PM by Jon The Bassist »

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2010, 08:17 PM »
 More of a new school coup! There`ll be no OS at Regionals or club level as BC say the bikes are dangerous.Especially when ridden by fat bald men :daumenhoch:

Offline James Nada

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2010, 08:20 PM »
...there's been an Old School led coup - all clips, lycra and tarmac tracks banned with immediate effect.  Lanes on the start-hill to be reinstated, along with parts of tracks where you can actually pedal. All berms to be lowered and loose surfaces added.

That all sounds grand Jon. What about the motion to make half-time freestyle shows compulsory - did it get passed?

motomagII

« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2010, 08:21 PM »
More of a new school coup! There`ll be no OS at Regionals or club level as BC say the bikes are dangerous.Especially when ridden by fat bald men stopping for ciggy half way round  :daumenhoch:daumenhoch:

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2010, 08:23 PM »

That all sounds grand Jon. What about the motion to make half-time freestyle shows compulsory - did it get passed?

Yeah forgot that bit. Freestyle shows to be done by affro'd guys called Bob, with the crowd to shout 'Radical !' after every kickturn and bunnyhop  :daumenhoch:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2010, 08:30 PM »
More of a new school coup! There`ll be no OS at Regionals or club level as BC say the bikes are dangerous.Especially when ridden by fat bald men :daumenhoch:

:LolLolLolLol:  So is O/S being replaced with a new class....expensive bike slow as you like  :D 
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

HEYWOOD BMX

Offline Dex Dexter

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2010, 09:12 AM »
OS dudes,

The new North region committee had it's first scheduled meeting last week at the Velodrome and I wanted to let you know it went really well.

Postive and helpful with good ideas and contrinution from all clubs (I was there for CGR).

I was impressed by Jez as chair and he has some good ideas that can really push the region forward over the next few years.

The main purpose of the meeting was to agree region dates for 2011 and assuming the dates are accepted by all of the clubs (not all could attend) then it looks like we have another cracking series next summer.  There is even the possibility of sampling the new Blackpool track if that sits well with Gold Coast!

Anyhow.  Alls good in the hood.

Oh - one thing that came out loud and clear with the region and all clubs is that this whole sport runs on volunteers.  You guys know this and it it wasn't for Moley and his slaves there would be no footage for a start  :)

If anyone has any ideas to drum up volunteer help or if anyone can help themselves make yourselves known (I know some already do a lot with their clubs).

And Moley - they are crying out to use the computer for the registration but it both scares them and they worry about who can help at each regional.  If there is anything you can do to help them get to grips with the system perhaps someone from each club will volunteer to get it cranked up for next year.

I'm told that anything over 220 riders makes the hand written moto sheets a big task for Tina.

2011 is a go...

moley

« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2010, 09:45 AM »
And Moley - they are crying out to use the computer for the registration but it both scares them and they worry about who can help at each regional.  If there is anything you can do to help them get to grips with the system perhaps someone from each club will volunteer to get it cranked up for next year.

I took home the software and I couldn't work it out properly.

You need to talk to Roger (or whoever is in charge of it) and set up another Software tutorial session.   The last was at Leeds (ages ago) and I couldn't make it.   If you set another software tutorial session around Manchester/Preston Area then I think that most clubs could provide a volunteer to be taught the software.   I dont mind learning it too as backup to any club if problems arise on race day.      If I wasn't racing then I wouldn't mind but I have enough stress trying to find a willing/gullible videographer and I need to practice too.

So sort it out before the summer series.

Do we have a computer and the other electrical gear  Printer, generator/spare batteries etc, etc?

With 200+ riders per summer regional then this is the main priority.   I dont knock the motosheet ladies.  Its a feckin hard job writing all the sheets out by hand and it takes ages.   Printed sheets will speed things up and take a lot of the stress out of the volunteers jobs and also provide much needed gate rotation for larger classes.    :daumenhoch:

Offline Dex Dexter

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2010, 10:11 AM »
Nice one - yes more education sessions needed and I'll make sure Jez has these on his pad.

I'll get you involved under the premise of roving backup helper with no firm commitment.  Catchy title.

They have all the kit - just need to get it to each race and have clean electric at each venue.

moley

« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2010, 12:13 PM »
 :daumenhoch:

griff

« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2010, 03:11 PM »
do you have an example of these motosheets? and how they work (eg enter names and gate position's allocated at random etc)
I know feck all about bmx racing but would like to help if i can
maybe if someone can explain to me what's needed on them I could see if something could be done using a spreadsheet?
might not come to anything but happy to have a look and put something simple together that would avoid special training
I use excel a lot at work but openoffice software can read the files (and is free- my wife even has it on her phone now)

let me know!

cheers

griff

moley

« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2010, 03:30 PM »
do you have an example of these motosheets? and how they work (eg enter names and gate position's allocated at random etc)
maybe if someone can explain to me what's needed on them I could see if something could be done using a spreadsheet?
might not come to anything but happy to have a look and put something simple together that would avoid special training
I use excel a lot at work but openoffice software can read the files (and is free- my wife even has it on her phone now)

let me know!

cheers

griff

Its already a multi spreadsheet program in excel for doing Motosheets.   The trouble is no one has used it before.

Once taught it should be reet!!  :daumenhoch:

griff

« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2010, 03:37 PM »

let me know!

cheers

griff

Its already a multi spreadsheet program in excel for doing Motosheets.   The trouble is no one has used it before.

Once taught it should be reet!!  :daumenhoch:

cheers moley - just saw the word 'program' and it gave me a mental image of some unfriendly DOS-based thing from the 80s  ;D
big part of my job is streamlining reports in excel though so if anyone wants to throw a copy my way I'd be happy to see if I can make it any easier for people to use

moley

« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2010, 04:10 PM »
cheers moley - just saw the word 'program' and it gave me a mental image of some unfriendly DOS-based thing from the 80s  ;D
big part of my job is streamlining reports in excel though so if anyone wants to throw a copy my way I'd be happy to see if I can make it any easier for people to use

Its a copyrighted program used in a few sports.................so I dont think they'd like it to be tinkered with.  :-\

I dont think its particularly hard to use.........it just needs someone to show how the spreadsheets operate and which sheet does what etc, etc

Someone should write a proper program instead of a multiple spreadsheet macro'd doodah!!!

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2010, 04:19 PM »
Its not difficult to use once you know the basics. Christ, if I can use it anyone can!

I learned to use it in a week, before the Scottish Open. It just takes time to input everything.

I would recommend getting as many people as you can to pre-register. Once they are on the rider list it is easier to admin on the day and will get easier as you go through the season. As the most time consuming part is setting up the riders profiles. name, bc licence no, dob, race class, club, etc, etc.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 04:21 PM by kuwahero »

griff

« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2010, 05:12 PM »

Its a copyrighted program used in a few sports.................so I dont think they'd like it to be tinkered with.  :-\

I dont think its particularly hard to use.........it just needs someone to show how the spreadsheets operate and which sheet does what etc, etc

Someone should write a proper program instead of a multiple spreadsheet macro'd doodah!!!

no probs moley - just thought that (for once) I might actually be in with a shout of helping someone else out after all the advice/help/manlove I've had on here so far!

cheers

griff

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  NO MORE NORTH REGION, committee all stand down!!!!!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx