gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975526 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 19, 2024, 10:56 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  new skool parts on old skool bikes??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: new skool parts on old skool bikes??  (Read 9140 times)

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: new skool parts on old skool bikes??
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2010, 11:18 AM »
To clarify, Oggy is tongue in cheek laughing at some of the O/S racers in the north who he occaisionally races with, me included .

Personally, I am off to strip all the 2010 parts, titanium and folding tyres off my bike and replace them all with 2011 parts ;D

Infact, I may get a 90's crooser and put all the bits off a 2011 redline on it  :10_2_12:

nowt malicous here boys just craic :daumenhoch:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2010, 11:41 AM »
i personally don't have an issue with any new part on an old school rider, i do share Stidds comments though about show n shine, no good having twin pinch flights on and moaning that it didn't place in a show.......although for a rider i'd sooner have a set of them than a crappy 1 piece or old expensive cranks.

the one thing i do hate though on any old school bike, is one of those horrible snake posts and elina seat combo's......they should all be burnt!  ;D

0ggy

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2010, 11:50 AM »
im not laughing at any old skoolers, i think you guys are all mental in a funny kinda way, i have the utmost respect for all the old skoolers, well apart from them that ride cruisers in old skool cause thats just cheating, was chatting last night at bradford to one of the old skoolers he said there should be more rules to racing old skool, such as tyres for example, i just dont see why some riders (not alot) buy and old skool frame/fork then put up to date parts on it, it just doesnt make sense to me, old skool bikes should be just that  :rant: :rant:   :LolLolLolLol:

sweetbeats

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2010, 11:51 AM »
i personally don't have an issue with any new part on an old school rider, i do share Stidds comments though about show n shine, no good having twin pinch flights on and moaning that it didn't place in a show.......although for a rider i'd sooner have a set of them than a crappy 1 piece or old expensive cranks.

the one thing i do hate though on any old school bike, is one of those horrible snake posts and elina seat combo's......they should all be burnt!  ;D

Snakeposts are Evil  >:D :coolsmiley:
Cool Diggler I am now back to my usual calm and tranquil self  ;)
Just thought that he was slagging a large majority of bikes on here.

sweetbeats

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2010, 11:53 AM »
im not laughing at any old skoolers, i think you guys are all mental in a funny kinda way, i have the utmost respect for all the old skoolers, well apart from them that ride cruisers in old skool cause thats just cheating, was chatting last night at bradford to one of the old skoolers he said there should be more rules to racing old skool, such as tyres for example, i just dont see why some riders (not alot) buy and old skool frame/fork then put up to date parts on it, it just doesnt make sense to me, old skool bikes should be just that  :rant: :rant:   :LolLolLolLol:

It's old Geezers wobblin' around on bits of old metal man....enjoy ya bikes and fook what others do  :daumenhoch:

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2010, 12:04 PM »
Some good comments I believe that you should build a bike as you want it :daumenhoch:  Griff has the right Idea with his master by getting it as he wants it on his budget.  My master has a few newer era parts and some Repop parts.  I always planned to do this as some of the old school parts on a rider are to expensive to replace.  A repop Kashi is about £50 Delivered (New) and a nos one is about £125 I know which one I would rather scratch :daumenhoch:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KASHIMAX-AERO-BMX-SADDLE-AMX-C-/110608675706?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19c0ca737a

Its is your bike and build it as you want and why not add some enhancements :4_17_5:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 12:29 PM by brettypeeps »

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2010, 12:07 PM »

Not many left now  ;D

well apart from them that ride cruisers in old skool cause thats just cheating, was chatting last night at bradford to one of the old skoolers he said there should be more rules to racing old skool, such as tyres for example, i just dont see why some riders (not alot) buy and old skool frame/fork then put up to date parts on it, it just doesnt make sense to me, old skool bikes should be just that  :rant: :rant:   :LolLolLolLol:

Sold mine, 20" all the way  :daumenhoch:

Offline GTnumber1

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2010, 12:22 PM »
I must have seen a shed load of bikes on here without 100% era specific parts on so to me the topic of the thread implies that many many bikes on here are shit  ???

more like 80%  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2010, 12:28 PM »
Yep, fractured my skull on a bike with old school tyres in a concrete bowl a few years back so my faith in technology has moved me to the turn of the millenium now in terms of tyres at least!
Still limping......

sweetbeats

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2010, 12:29 PM »
I must have seen a shed load of bikes on here without 100% era specific parts on so to me the topic of the thread implies that many many bikes on here are shit  ???

more like 80%  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

;D
 :LolLolLolLol:

sweetbeats

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2010, 12:30 PM »
Yep, fractured my skull on a bike with old school tyres in a concrete bowl a few years back so my faith in technology has moved me to the turn of the millenium now in terms of tyres at least!

You dissin me Panaracer's  ???
 ^"^ ^"^ ^"^ ^"^ ^"^ ^"^

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2010, 12:31 PM »

Ouch!

Comp 3s for racing all the way tho  :coolsmiley:

griff

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2010, 01:00 PM »

;D  my seat n post are staying on :middlefingersmiley:

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2010, 01:02 PM »
what bout raleigh choppers with strika handle bars on ???

baldbmxer

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2010, 01:06 PM »
what bout raleigh choppers with strika handle bars on ???

Isnt that a Raleigh version of a Gen 1 freestyler with Vector bars on it?  :LolLolLolLol:

Anyhooo, Choppers are for choppers. Who give a fook about Choppers? POS

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2010, 02:21 PM »

The answer to all prayers  ........................................

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=109472.0

amen  ;)

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2010, 03:13 PM »
If its an O/S racer then as long as its in the "spirit" of O/S then I cannot see a problem, TBH anyone who race's O/S gets props from me.....I think its more about the crac than the era correct parts.....

If its S&S then its got to be 100% era correct.......unless you had a DeLorean fitted with a flux capacitor .........then you might just get away with it  :coolsmiley:
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Offline Gish

• 540 Air
  • who the fook are you lookin at !!!!
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2010, 05:05 PM »
Gish crossed wires me thinks? I was having a pop at Oggy

Dingo

no worries dingo fella :daumenhoch:

it was just the way it came across as if it was aimed at me   :LolLolLolLol:
Ride it like its stolen

Offline James Nada

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2010, 08:59 PM »
I think new-skool clothing should be banned in OS racing too.  :D

If it was up to me I'd make garishly coloured garments compulsary!

0ggy

« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2010, 09:54 PM »
I think new-skool clothing should be banned in OS racing too.  :D

If it was up to me I'd make garishly coloured garments compulsary!

full on neon, haha, vision boots compulsory   :LolLolLolLol:

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2010, 09:56 PM »
Come on Oggy, let see a picture the TNT with your nice new shinny cranks and tyres  :daumenhoch:

0ggy

« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2010, 11:02 PM »
Come on Oggy, let see a picture the TNT with your nice new shinny cranks and tyres  :daumenhoch:

still waiting for mi tyres  :knuppel2: :knuppel2: :knuppel2:

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2010, 07:08 AM »
Why dont people post pics of their OS race bikes for peoples comments/judgment?

heres mine:-

Late 80's/early 90's pitbull Ripper Xl

SE frame/forks and bars
Helix stem (repop of Tufneck)
twin pinch Flights
Odyssey Black Widow Pedals (now fitted lol)
mid school grips/seat/wheels
Comp 3 tyres (and grips)

I cant afford to trash/dont trust 25 year old collectable parts so have built it this way

Dingo
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 07:16 AM by dingobmxer »

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2010, 07:50 AM »
what a fooking POS!!! 

;)   :D   ;D

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2010, 09:45 PM »

still waiting for mi tyres  :knuppel2: :knuppel2: :knuppel2:

Cant be far away  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  new skool parts on old skool bikes??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx