gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975538 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 30, 2024, 03:46 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  19 million pound indoor bmx track
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 19 million pound indoor bmx track  (Read 5303 times)

baldbmxer

Re: 19 million pound indoor bmx track
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2010, 11:47 PM »
i hope BCF sh$t on LP65 like they did to batey in 08. !!!!

Why?

oh dear, do you not know this story?? if it wasnt for kelvin getting the result at the worlds which he had to fund him self cause BC said they werent sending him to the worlds there wouldnt have been a british place at the olympics.
hey im not bitching about the manchester indoor track, its a sad reality, everyones over the moon about an indoor place to ride shame they werent that excited about sheffield indoor and supported it more it may still be open now  :angrysoapbox:

I know the story very well, but thats no reason to 'sh!t on' LP65

Oh dear its a shame all this came to late for you eh Oggy? I would love to see you on at the top of a SX start hill, no doubt you'd be in lane 2 between Strombergs and Wiloughby  :daumenhoch:  but I dont thnk the TV cameras would  be on you puffing on your Woodbines!

Offline rick1970

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2010, 11:58 PM »
ok ok lads lets end this rant...
everyone calm down yeh its great the sport is growing .....
its just the amount of money being thrown at it that niggles me..AND THATS IT. :LolLolLolLol:

0ggy

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2010, 12:04 AM »

Why?

oh dear, do you not know this story?? if it wasnt for kelvin getting the result at the worlds which he had to fund him self cause BC said they werent sending him to the worlds there wouldnt have been a british place at the olympics.
hey im not bitching about the manchester indoor track, its a sad reality, everyones over the moon about an indoor place to ride shame they werent that excited about sheffield indoor and supported it more it may still be open now  :angrysoapbox:

I know the story very well, but thats no reason to 'sh!t on' LP65

Oh dear its a shame all this came to late for you eh Oggy? I would love to see you on at the top of a SX start hill, no doubt you'd be in lane 2 between Strombergs and Wiloughby  :daumenhoch:  but I dont thnk the TV cameras would  be on you puffing on your Woodbines!

you brought it up nobed. id love to get a SX start hill and case the shit out of the first jump, sadly the SX stuff is 5 years 2 late for me, oh well, i didnt shit on shit on lp65 i think hes rad, unlike all the E-heros i told him to his face that he wasnt the fastest rider AT THAT TIME and he didnt deserve to go, hey you wanna carry this BS on you carry on, peace out dik

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2010, 12:12 AM »
There does seem to be quality tracks popping up everywhere now, even the play/pump tracks are awesome. Even Rhyl has a track now...

Matt

Exactly, thats a good point well put Matt.

Yep, a new track in Rhyl, Gashead and co over in Welsh have gotta be stoked  :daumenhoch:

???

baldbmxer

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2010, 12:21 AM »
Oggy, its you and Rupert that are carrying on the BS

All I asked was why should BC sh1t upon LP?

If BC asked you to go to Bejing after the Bateygate scandle you'd nave jumped at the chance, and as you say you'd have cased the hell out if the first jump not even making it to the time trials let alone the motos! ha

Sheffield was a play track. Its limitations were many, but it was good for what it was at the time. BC funding everything would solve no end of problems wouldnt it. But hey sadly it aint gonna happen. Live with it, move on, build a bridge and get over it Oggy. Whatever it takes.

For as long as I can remember you you put a downer on everything. You're great at promoting and campaigning apathy. Theres lots of good in and around BMX racing in this country, why not try and see some of that.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 12:23 AM by baldbmxer »

0ggy

« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2010, 12:28 AM »
jonathan il see you track side, youve certainly changed, theres a lot of change in bmx which is brilliant and im not putting a downer on it all, new tracks lots of em ooop north too, the question was about the manchester investment of obscene ammounts of money which both you and i know could have built many more rad tracks UK wide and you also know that the ticket into this place will not be for us mere mortals, that was the point, it was you who stirred the pot of shit

Offline Redline

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2010, 01:23 AM »
I have to be honest guys and I don't wanna stir up a shitstorm, but back in the eighties there were loads and loads of talented riders in Manchester with nowhere to ride/practice... ya had to go out to The Three Sisters at Wigan or Chorley for a decent track or somewhere to ride (and if your parents weren't up for takin ya you were fooked)..... so I for one am well up for a quality venue in Manchester.... we've been waiting 30 years for summut decent here  :daumenhoch:

rupert

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2010, 09:09 AM »

Why?

I  cant for the life of me understand why hes still on the Olympic academy programme and not moved upto the podium deal after all BCF have chosen him havnt they?
All the other male BC bmx team riders always get there funding pulled this is also a fact, given these facts lp65 has had a poor season wouldnt you agree?
apart from his sx race no real results, bloomfield did better last year still gets dropped!
LP65 IS RAD AS , I JUST DONT GET WHY HES STILL WRAPPED IN COTTON WOOL.

0ggy

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2010, 11:04 AM »
rupert please dont post the facts on here you will only upset one jonathan hearn

baldbmxer

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2010, 11:11 AM »
Martin, as always I look forward to seeing you trackside. Its always a joy.

Lots of things happen at BC that are way beyond us mere mortals. Any amount of shouting and moaning wont change that. I to question the new facility at Manchester, for one after investing very little into BMX why put so much into this. The balance doesnt way up IMHO. But my mind tells me the plans for this building run much further than BMX and 2012.

The funding for this will no doubt come from Sports Council, Sport UK, Lottery etc etc. Wherever it will be for use in a certain way, I guess thats Olympic Development and I guess building a track in everyones home town does not fall into that catagory.

What are you feelings about the powers building a Velodrome in London? This will have a SX facility which will be remodled into a tamer usable track hopefully leaving a legacy from the Olympics.................discuss.

Much like the Manchester Indoor track the Olympic selection is way above us. Rumour has it Liam isnt a dead cert for 2012. I'm sure he has alot more to do to secure that slot, to make sure that its not gonna be given to another rider in another discipline. Liam has his targets I'm sure and I rekon his season hasnt gone as well as he planned. Bloomy had targets and he didnt reach them and BC dropped him. Wrong IMHO as the top levels of our Olympic program has no depth which is very worrying.
On a whole LP has shown more promise that Bloomy this year. If I were Bloomy at after Frejus I would have put some lottery numbers on, cos he has some amazing luck to go as far as he did.

But at the end of the day the powers at BC make their selections in they're way as does Alex Ferguson, neither are gonna listen to you.

Dont dis LP, he's a good kid who quietly goes about his business and does the best he can. Maybe you're getting LP confused with his father Pete who has a completely different approach.

baldbmxer

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2010, 11:20 AM »
I'm not upset. But I get sick of reading snipes about things that go on in BMX that we can do nothing about.

Everyone has they're opinons but at some point you have to move on. Oggy you're obviously enjoying having your new audience and following here on Rad. Probably cos you cant get a rise out of BMXTALK, you've been banging on with all the haters over there for years, spreading the appathey.

I know you're sandbagging in OS now Oggy, but I am pleased to see that you still have the passion underneath  :daumenhoch:  what could have been huh?

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2010, 11:36 AM »
Anyone fancy a bum?
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

0ggy

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2010, 11:42 AM »
I'm not upset. But I get sick of reading snipes about things that go on in BMX that we can do nothing about.

Everyone has they're opinons but at some point you have to move on. Oggy you're obviously enjoying having your new audience and following here on Rad. Probably cos you cant get a rise out of BMXTALK, you've been banging on with all the haters over there for years, spreading the appathey.

I know you're sandbagging in OS now Oggy, but I am pleased to see that you still have the passion underneath  :daumenhoch:  what could have been huh?

jonathan i didnt rise to anything, i gave a valid factual statement that was not aimed at anyone, hurt anyone or said a bad word about, it was YOU that cast out far enough for someone to bite, i didnt not bite not one bit, like i said i gave a factual statement, new audience, haha you can think what you like,  bmx talk if full of e-heros much like your self on here, sandbagging, mm i actually realy enjoy the old skool and the guys give me permission to ride without kicking my head in, and as you well know ive had probably more needles scans etc done on my back do i moan about that, no i just get on with it and help out at radford encouraging the kids am i still putting a  downer on everything and promoting and campaigning apathy.??

In2 bmx

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2010, 11:43 AM »
Anyone fancy a bum?
 :LolLolLolLol: wet or dry . Not me !

baldbmxer

« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2010, 11:50 AM »
I like what you've done there Martin  ;) good work.  Dont get me started!!!! However I could never live up to your 'e-hero' status, you have so much history behind you, you've been practicing youre craft for so many years now. You're so Double A at bitching at least.

Long live the King of Bradford!   :LolLolLolLol:

rupert

« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2010, 11:55 AM »
LP65 IS RAD AND PROBS A GOOD GUY.

But until his dad steps down from the commision and cuts all his other ties with UK bmx i doubt the black clould will ever lift from over the poor kids head.
bmxtalk ha ha now thats another joke, to many mods on there who have molded that site into what it is, a select fews opinions spoon fed to the fans, the eheros came along in a kind of revolt against it all.
looking forward to 2012 and all the drama thats gonna go with it lets wait and see.

baldbmxer

« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2010, 12:08 PM »
LP65 IS RAD AND PROBS A GOOD GUY.

But until his dad steps down from the commision and cuts all his other ties with UK bmx i doubt the black clould will ever lift from over the poor kids head.
bmxtalk ha ha now thats another joke, to many mods on there who have molded that site into what it is, a select fews opinions spoon fed to the fans, the eheros came along in a kind of revolt against it all.
looking forward to 2012 and all the drama thats gonna go with it lets wait and see.

LP is a good kid and yes he is in the shadow of his father.

But for his sins Pete and done some good for UK BMX. I for one neither love or hate him, I do think he is a pain in the ass sometimes -many times, but i'm sure most sports have someone like Pete. Heyho.

But thats Pete, thats another story. Kelvin never had any beef with Liam going to the Olympics and managed to seperate Liam from Pete despite there being a load of crap going on outside of the Olympics selection fiasco. I suggets we all do the same as well.

Good comments about BMXTALK though  :daumenhoch:  Its been like that for years, its pretty played out now - hell even Oggy has moved on!  :LolLolLolLol:   :-*

As for 2012 i'm sure there will be controversy, as there is in all disciplines when it comes to who is selected. Aint that right Oggy?  - thats nowt personal so no need to PM me again, its fact aint it?

0ggy

« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2010, 12:14 PM »
jonathan crawl back in your hole

baldbmxer

« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2010, 12:17 PM »
Anyway, moving on.

Here's a scenario.........

Come 2012 and the selection for the London Olympics, whats the reaction gonna be if Liam Phillips is the only contender and he doesnt get selected as he's not deemed to be in with a chance of a medal? and the spot on the cycling team is given to someone in another discipline, leaving only Shanaze Reade to fly the flag for UK BMX. Will that be justice after what happened in 2008 or will it be a case of BMX being raped again by its governing body?

Or what if Connor Field of the USA, (apparently he has a UK passport) gets selected to ride along side Shanaze? Will LP still be the villan? Or will he be a payed up member of the 'I've been fooked over by Britsih Cycling Club'?

Discuss  ;)

rupert

« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2010, 12:27 PM »
connor fields mate you defo know your onions on all this stuff but christ dont get hung up on dh.coms BS. it will never happen he can get to the games with the usa team.
yeah i think lp65 will get done over by BC and yes we will not have a male rider in bmx in 2012 there is to much talent in the VELO squad to waste a place on liams adidas knee socks again!
the only way he will go is if he medals 2 or 3 times on the run up to the games at the sx races and or podiums at the 2012 worlds.
all though sad when it goes that way and he doesnt get a place i do think a lot will feel justice has been served not so much towards lp65 just all the other stuff that went on.

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2010, 02:28 PM »
I guess winter is here lol
The sh1t talk has well and truly started
I suggest you do what I am about to, walk away from the keyboard and RIDE YOUR BIKES!

Peace Dingo

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2010, 03:56 PM »
Manc Indoor 'facility' - seems like a very good idea. There is obvious opportunity for BC to use the building for 'other things' in the future, so it could be a money maker for them. The benefits to the UK obviously depend on who gets affordable access to it, and how long it remains as a usable BMX track. Sheffield indoor was during my wilderness years so I can't comment on how useful it was. I'd like to think that I'd have made some use of it.

London SX track to be remodelled as a normal club track - again seems like a good idea and I get the impression that there are a lot of riders in the London area. A track with a hint of SX styling could be a useful one on the National circuit to develop the more able riders towards international competition. I don't know enough to speculate...

MB and LP.  I don't know either rider but I've seen them both race a number of times this year in the flesh and on TV/Video. MB looks to be the more complete rider at the moment wth the most experience and racecraft - which might have lead to the luck seen at Frejus. LP is clearly a good prospect in the long term as his SX podium this year showed. Both guys seem to conduct themselves well and be decent role models for BMX. Shouldn't BC be doing ther best to get both these guys to qualify for the Olympics, even if they're not favourites to get a medal? I think we'd be poorer for not having a male athlete to represent the UK  >:(

It does look like a lot of this investment is geared towards the elite. Surely we need to get more people involved and out riding, even if they're not likely to win Olympic medals. I thought a lot of the lottery money was supposed to go towards encouraging participation and having a healthier population?

trickydeno

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2010, 04:29 PM »

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2010, 07:53 AM »
I miss this place  :'(

/>

Dingo

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2010, 07:51 PM »
Jobs ad in the Manchester evening news tonight for a bmx track manager 22.5k a year.
Worth it just to get a set of keys to the place and have your mates over after closing time  :daumenhoch:
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  19 million pound indoor bmx track

gfxgfx
gfx gfx