gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975537 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 06:48 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Robinson RSR finished
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Robinson RSR finished  (Read 6371 times)

Offline Glynnyboy

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Robinson RSR finished
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2010, 02:03 PM »
Top job matey. Nice one  :daumenhoch:

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2010, 02:25 PM »

The underfloor Heating is that good i havent seen my cat for 3 weeks  :LolLolLolLol:

Probably fookin melted mate  ???
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2010, 02:35 PM »
Nice that Carl....  :daumenhoch:

What cost most, the bikes or the conservatory to put them in?...   :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Gish

• 540 Air
  • who the fook are you lookin at !!!!
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2010, 02:41 PM »
that robbo is so loverlee :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
Ride it like its stolen

In2 bmx

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2010, 02:53 PM »

What cost most, the bikes or the conservatory to put them in?...   :LolLolLolLol:

The bikes .  :LolLolLolLol: my missus when it was Finaly finished put a fookin couch in it  :knuppel2:  so  ::) I took over the rest of the house  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 02:55 PM by In2bmx »

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2010, 06:06 PM »
Lovely that Carl, the colour is superb aswell. Nice also to see it has a straight post rather than one of those awful robbo laid backs.

Getting any pads done for it ??????
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2010, 06:12 PM »
another top build dude :daumenhoch:
must be the best Robbo collection out there :4_17_5:

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2010, 07:22 PM »

What cost most, the bikes or the conservatory to put them in?...   :LolLolLolLol:

The bikes .  :LolLolLolLol: my missus when it was Finaly finished put a fookin couch in it  :knuppel2:  so  ::) I took over the rest of the house  :daumenhoch:

I should have guessed...  :LolLolLolLol:

In2 bmx

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2010, 07:36 PM »
Lovely that Carl, the colour is superb aswell. Nice also to see it has a straight post rather than one of those awful robbo laid backs.

Getting any pads done for it ??????
thanks andy . I must agree  It has got a better stance with the straight post than my pro with a layback ...  
But i think Pads will spoil it .  :daumenhoch:

nosepickben

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2010, 08:00 PM »
Yep, really nice build that mate, I had an RSR in '88/'89, bought it 2nd hand of Andy Richardson who was a superclass rider from doncaster i think. It was chrome, I mabye only got the f+f, can't quite remember. Reading this thread was great to find out the origins of the RSR name, never seen another since. I have asked a few times on UK/US forums over the last few years to see if anyone had one or knew about this seemingly rare model but always drawn a blank. I sold my f+f in late '89 for £30  :'( to a kid that never rode it  :'(  :'(

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2010, 09:05 PM »

I notice the RSR has stole the "under the window" spot from the Torker mate  :LolLolLolLol:

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

youngy

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2010, 09:40 PM »
Another top build Carl and the Robbo's not bad either :LolLolLolLol: Saw this in the flesh on Friday and is absolutely the dogs danglies but then again so are the rest of the of the stable.
Now get the pics up of the other minter you've built don't be shy now ;D

BossHogg

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2010, 09:54 PM »
Outstanding that Carl. 

I do like a Robinson and the RSR's Alan put together especially.  An awesome build.  :4_17_5:

Hopefully mine wont be too much different when completed............beautiful.  :daumenhoch:  Like you I've gone the SBD and Del combo........cannot go wrong!  I was gonna go with red and silver parts on mine, but looking at the black and silver combo.............. :-\

I won the red frameset Alan put on ebay last year, removed the stickers a few months back and sent them to Del for repro for use on the repowdered f/f.  If you got a copy of these ones then they're as close to the originals as they come.......if not better!!!  Quality piece of work from Del...

Mate, are they later forks.........86 era?  I've an 86 Pro with the less rounded forks.  Would like to know the timelines on the intro of the less rounded ones.  They seem to pop up on various years frames.

Nice piece of work mate............Crackin' collection of Robby's.

Jim  :daumenhoch:

In2 bmx

« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2010, 10:30 PM »
Well thanks for your kind remarks everyone . And thanks for sending the decals to Del jim . The ones on my bars and seatpost are originals from bitd  .   :daumenhoch: and it's good to see the one that got away on eBay again .I'm looking forward to seeing it finished,  You don't see many . The forks changed in 84 when the robbo lost the gusset .  :daumenhoch:

Carl  :)

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2010, 10:32 PM »
nice1 :coolsmiley:

slurp

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2010, 02:25 PM »
Lovely that Carl, loving your collection mate.

You got a pic of the one you had off me. ( might have missed the thread about it fella, not getting on here as often these days )

Dave :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Robinson RSR finished

gfxgfx
gfx gfx