gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 26, 2024, 12:41 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  The Goose gets Cooked !
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The Goose gets Cooked !  (Read 6912 times)

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
Re: The Goose gets Cooked !
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2011, 11:29 PM »
I can see me having to do another thread on how i get a frame or parts like this  ;) 

or maybe i should just charge a fee for a privet demo of a how to ;D

forks
forks
forks
please  :angel:
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2011, 11:46 PM »
now has any body got a set of forks to match it ? bobafett ?

John parting with some goose forks  ::)   you've got as much chance as Liverpool getting 3 points on Sunday  :D

Oh dear Joff  :D

Keep that up ,,, you colud be looking at a ban  :police:

Especially when the derby goes your way  :-X  ::)

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

:LolLolLolLol:   Probably Christian , john never speaks to me now since he became a MOD  :police:   :D

Hey Bendy , are you going to spill the beans on this and tell us what you used  ???

I can't see it being just autosol as that can be quite abrasive and would surely of resulted in some yellowing to the frame  :-\

Coke/tinfoil ? Lemon juice/tinfoil ?

It's a cracking job mate  8)

Regarding the forks .... you should have been at MK09 , Jai was selling a box of Tange pinched forks (ideal for this) at a £10 a pop  ::)
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2011, 09:45 AM »
£10 a pop - bugger  :'(

autosol = is too harsh and scratchy - will take off more chrome than you want and leave hair line scratches that will dull the chrome
coke and tin foil =  the coke eats the rust - the tin foil takes it away but again is not a great choice of stuff to use - the tin foil will start to scratch the chrome when it gets more crumpled , it also collects rust in the foil and bigger bits can scratch chrome to dull it
lemon does the same as coke = brakes down the rust = it can help but be careful that the rust spot /pit does get too much lemon/coke under the chrome or it might start toi pull it up and get under more chrome

cheers B  ;)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2011, 10:27 AM »
£10 a pop - bugger  :'(

autosol = is too harsh and scratchy - will take off more chrome than you want and leave hair line scratches that will dull the chrome
coke and tin foil =  the coke eats the rust - the tin foil takes it away but again is not a great choice of stuff to use - the tin foil will start to scratch the chrome when it gets more crumpled , it also collects rust in the foil and bigger bits can scratch chrome to dull it
lemon does the same as coke = brakes down the rust = it can help but be careful that the rust spot /pit does get too much lemon/coke under the chrome or it might start toi pull it up and get under more chrome

cheers B  ;)

So Oxy/Citric/Vinegar bath then? ;)
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

squigly

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2011, 11:14 AM »
I'd use a three stage polishing kit designed for automotive use (check out Frosts ) but the key is how you use what you have, take your time.

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2011, 09:42 PM »

John parting with some goose forks  ::)   you've got as much chance as Liverpool getting 3 points on Sunday  :D

john never speaks to me now since he became a MOD  :police:   :D

tw@t  :yahoo_silent:

:LolLolLolLol:

Regarding the forks .... you should have been at MK09 , Jai was selling a box of Tange pinched forks (ideal for this) at a £10 a pop  ::)

Tange pinched would look OK but they are not the right forks for this frame. You need the later mid 1981 - mid 1983 forks that look similar to cali forks but are a bit rounder on the bend where the fork arms meet the steerer tube  ;)

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2011, 10:18 PM »
post pic please John  ;) and then send them to me so i can have a closer look  :angel:

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2011, 04:41 PM »

post pic please John 

This is them..........

(They look very similer to cali forks but they are different - if you turned them upside down they look a bit more "U" shaped to the cali's more "V" shape  ;) )

:daumenhoch:

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2011, 06:32 PM »
 :4_17_5: superb , felt mops on a dremmel? , peak then braso?   loads of patience  :4_17_5:, like a few others, i went for the different frame at first   ;) brilliant.

Moza

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2011, 11:07 AM »
Id be grateful if you could share your technique as ive got this to do soon, and the strange thing is I need forks like you as mine has the same forks as you have aswell !!!!

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2011, 06:50 PM »
thread coming up - laptop is away being fixed from a virus  >:(

I've got the pic's done and just need to do a write up  8)

donut

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2011, 10:37 PM »
hi Andy,
can you please ring me... I have lost all my numbers, waiting for you to call, but it's clear you don't love me anymore... :'(

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2011, 10:36 PM »
UPDATE : The MT RACING  SILVER FOX  has come back to me and now rests in it's new place at my home once again  :smitten:

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2011, 11:31 PM »
is that a hipstamatic shot  ???
ding dong

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2011, 09:49 AM »
samsung nv10
changed to black & white and then fitered out some of the colours
to give it a look like you might have found in BMX Action Bike  ;)

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2011, 12:25 PM »
bump - i have redone the pic as photobucket was messing around and no pic were coming up ! cheers B

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  The Goose gets Cooked !

gfxgfx
gfx gfx