gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975501 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 10:12 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  Old Fools BMX Roadtrip  |  OLD FOOLS APRIL 2011 Leeds / Sheffield
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: OLD FOOLS APRIL 2011 Leeds / Sheffield  (Read 18669 times)

Clean

Re: OLD FOOLS APRIL 2011 Leeds / Sheffield
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2011, 08:50 PM »
Guys,

I live in West Yorkshire and would love to join you for some, or all, of the venues, too.  :daumenhoch:

Could you please share the detail on locations and times so I can say hallo / fall off / take the piss out of Spen?  :smitten:

Cheers,

Clean.

smitty

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2011, 12:57 PM »
Guys,

Please see the below update from Chris Hardy with regards to the Friday Meeting point and contact information:

Well, it’s come round real fast and let me just say I hope to see a hell of alot of you up here this weekend. So as of this mail, this is the plan. The weather is looking really good for all weekend. Friday at 11am we are now meeting at Micklefield Skatepark on the east side of Leeds. It’s easy to get to as it’s about 2 miles off the A1, junction 42. I believe, the town is Micklefield near Garforth. The park as you would drive into the village it’s either just after the rail bridge or just before. The Skatepark is literally within 50 cranks of the Micklefield Rail Station. This change of plan is due the fact that all my sources say that the outdoor park at Wakefield will be rammed and with the worst kind of kids. Micklefield I can vouch for 100%. After that we have the option of going to Ben Manuel’s place in Upton, though if the weather's real good. That will be decided on the day. If not Hyde Park in Leeds is central and not far from the Etap hotel for those that are staying there and a good place to watch the new bloods in their sisters jeans and drink a beer or two then its hopefully Nazams curry house, again this is walking distance from Hyde Park. Nazams don't have a liquor license so you can take your own. The food is great, and it’s cheap and they will hopefully be accommodating. Saturday is still the same; Down to Sheffield and Doncaster. So hopefully that’s all clear and put your minds at ease. I hope to see you all at 11am Friday at Micklefield Skatepark.

Hope to see you all soon, and if you need any further info about the weekend ahead, my number is 07895095721

Chris

Below is a mapped location of Micklefield Skatepark with the Railway Station show close by, for sat nav users the post code you require is LS25 4AF, this is for ‘Great N Road’ which you can see that the park is just off this road with car parking facilities provided

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2011, 01:05 PM »
Thats such a shame about Wakefield... hope you guys have fun...

Wakefield Park is 2 mins from where I work and a great park....

It was always gonna be busy on a School Holiday though....

smitty

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2011, 01:40 PM »
Can someone tell me how to post pics on the forum?

I'm struggling posting the map for Micklefield!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Smitty

smitty

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2011, 01:45 PM »
Here is the link to the Micklefield map from Google Maps.
The Skatepark is located right next to the football pitch just off Great N Road
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=LS25+4AF&aq=&sll=53.787469,-1.449852&sspn=0.145226,0.331306&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Leeds+LS25+4AF,+United+Kingdom&ll=53.789567,-1.32853&spn=0.002348,0.005177&t=h&z=18&iwloc=0x4879416ecd85784f:0x19af90d74ed2a230

If anyone knows how to upload pics to Rad four, just let me know. 8)

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2011, 06:50 PM »
anyone got a rough idea when the carnage will hit Bolehills at Sheffield and a rough time for the Doncaster leg , might only be able to make the Doni leg is the meet up at Hexthorpe?

nosepickben

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2011, 10:13 PM »
Noon onwards anyone?????

smitty

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2011, 01:39 PM »
If anyone needs any further clarification on the schedule ahead for Old Fools up North, contact Chris Hardy on the number provided on my previous post.
He should be able to help with times and places etc

Smitty

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2011, 01:51 PM »
The Sheffield rabble will be at the Bolehills track to meet you guys from 12 unless we're told otherwise ;-)
Still limping......

Clean

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2011, 01:55 PM »
The Sheffield rabble will be at the Bolehills track to meet you guys from 12 unless we're told otherwise ;-)

Hopefully Spen is including me in that collective?  :-\

So what he really meant to say was "the Pennine rabble....."  :daumenhoch:

nosepickben

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2011, 04:49 PM »
luckily had a final look at radbmx site before going to work, would've been going to wakefield tomorrow if i hadn't read carefully - dickhead!
Yeah micklefield is a blast, last time i went there was about 2 riders and 2 skaters there on a red hot day in school hols!
See you there tomorrow lunchtime.   ;)

G_bmx205

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2011, 05:01 PM »
This has started but unfortunately I'm at work baking in the sun  :(, finish soon though & will see what the plans are for tonight & then I might catch up with whoever is out later back in leeds.

If anyone knows how to upload pics to Rad four, just let me know. 8)
Hey smitty, you'll need an account with somewhere like imageshack or photobucket, I can help out if you still want to upload of any pictures.

See you old fools that have made the journey for this one (north or south) this weekend.

Graham.

Clean

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2011, 09:02 PM »
Watched the boys doing their stuff at the Skate Park today; fooking incredible.  :shocked:

Without doubt the best riding I have ever seen up close.  :daumenhoch:

Respect, guys.... you were all brilliant!  :smitten:

Glad I had dirt tyres on the bike and had an excuse not to roll!  :-[

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2011, 10:43 PM »
Yep, they were awesome :shocked:

Glad you had your dirt tyres on bud, or we'd have embarrased ourselves :LolLolLolLol:
Still limping......

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2011, 09:06 AM »
same story of awesomnes over in Doni too ,     some nice lines happning in the bowl and some real funny fookin about whilst waiting for the rain to dry out ,   :LolLolLolLol:  :daumenhoch: , nice not to be the only oldie down there sat round havin a tab , and not have to explain why i can't do backflips,  great to meet all of you top bunch o blokes  :daumenhoch: 

:LolLolLolLol:  spen, clean,   i too was on dirt tires  ;)    :LolLolLolLol:

bmxer4ever

« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2011, 07:39 PM »
Parsons Cross Skatepark, Saturday 23rd April, before the flash flood!

oldschoolrider

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2011, 10:05 AM »
My first old fools. Had a good time. Shame not more riders turned up. Southern jessies! Nice to meet some older riders like myself who aren't afraid to ignore current fashion trends and set up their bikes how they like it, not what the scene dictates. Good vibe all round from everyone who attended. :laugh:

bmxer4ever

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2011, 10:52 AM »
This was definetly a quality over quantity event! There wasn't as much sitting around watching, more getting on your bike and riding, and all the better for it, and the weather (for the most part!) was SUPERB....

bmxer4ever

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2011, 10:56 AM »
Oh - by the way guys - dirt tyres on yer bike are not a valid excuse to not ride the skatepark during Old Fools......hehe.....

Ged

« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2011, 12:32 AM »
gutted i missed it ..next time for sure  :-\

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  Old Fools BMX Roadtrip  |  OLD FOOLS APRIL 2011 Leeds / Sheffield

gfxgfx
gfx gfx