gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975497 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 11:54 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  London to Brighton team RAD 11th September
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: London to Brighton team RAD 11th September  (Read 102231 times)

griff

Re: London to Brighton team RAD 11th September
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2011, 10:22 PM »
every little helps  :daumenhoch:

griff

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2011, 11:46 PM »
evening radsters

since we've now had a month of fundraising between us, just wanted to give you a quick update on the Team RAD total in the pot  :daumenhoch:
current total raised is £535 (including fundmatching but not including the gift aid that goes on top  :daumenhoch:)

still plenty of time to get your names down for this, but the sooner you take the plunge the more we can raise  8)

cheers

griff

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2011, 04:41 PM »
What time are you lot setting off ?

I'll look out for you, as I fly past you on my Road bike  ;D

griff

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2011, 04:59 PM »

road bike? pfffft

are you doing this ride too? join us on our proper bikes - you can still wear a road biker's spandex freddie mercury suit and bellend shaped helmet if you like  :daumenhoch:

think we'll need to set off quite early, not sure how that bit works yet tho

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2011, 07:42 PM »

road bike? pfffft

are you doing this ride too? join us on our proper bikes - you can still wear a road biker's spandex freddie mercury suit and bellend shaped helmet if you like  :daumenhoch:

think we'll need to set off quite early, not sure how that bit works yet tho

I would love to, but I'm not totally off my fooking head  ;D

No seriously I've been doing this for the last few years as part of team TP (Travis Perkins) my brother is a director so we get food stops, lifts there & back, it is a good day out + I love the road biker's spandex freddie mercury suit and bellend shaped helmet's   :-* & I look good in it  :daumenhoch:

griff

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2011, 08:54 PM »
just checked the Team RAD page at http://www.justgiving.com/teams/bmxlondontobrighton/ and it's already at a whopping £540 - including the fundmatching from my work that puts us dead on £900  :daumenhoch:

still a long way to go before the day, but just imagine how much we could raise if we had a few more team members on board...

come on guys let's see some more of your names on the list and some more BMXs in Brighton  8)

Offline skki3330

• Flip-Whip
  • Love Riding Old Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2011, 09:27 PM »
Seriously are you guys gunna be doing this on old skool bmx's???
WANTED

SE Powerwings
Holeshot RF-1
Vincent Freestylers Gen 1 and Gen 2

griff

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2011, 09:44 PM »
oh yes  :daumenhoch: doesn't have to be old school, could be new school if that's more appealing?

you interested?

Offline skki3330

• Flip-Whip
  • Love Riding Old Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2011, 09:51 PM »
Griff im already doing this ride in June on my old 97 Kona Uhu, im not sure if my old legs will take it on a bmx  :crazy2:
WANTED

SE Powerwings
Holeshot RF-1

dan-dare

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2011, 09:55 PM »
How many miles is it??

spike371

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2011, 10:01 PM »
How many miles is it??

54 miles mate  :D

griff

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2011, 11:04 PM »
Griff im already doing this ride in June on my old 97 Kona Uhu, im not sure if my old legs will take it on a bmx  :crazy2:
there you go! that's the perfect training session  :daumenhoch:

dan that picture in your sig is class  :)

Offline skki3330

• Flip-Whip
  • Love Riding Old Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2011, 11:28 PM »
so how many peeps doing it? and what time are ya starting out?
WANTED

SE Powerwings
Holeshot RF-1

griff

« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2011, 11:59 PM »
so far there's 4 of us confirmed on BMX - Pickle's got a couple of mates on MTBs doing it as well

waiting for confirmation from messrs Gashead and Dirtyvans but more the merrier - and Team RAD can raise a stack of cash  :daumenhoch:

not sure on start time yet but will probably need to be reasonably early!

griff

Offline skki3330

• Flip-Whip
  • Love Riding Old Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2011, 08:26 AM »
Id just tie a pillow over ya normal seat  :)
WANTED

SE Powerwings
Holeshot RF-1

StellaAtoiz

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2011, 08:36 AM »
I am doing it on my trusty Brompton - but well done guy's on the fund raising effort so far - I will get a donation over to you in a bit :daumenhoch:

griff

« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2011, 04:43 PM »
I am doing it on my trusty Brompton - but well done guy's on the fund raising effort so far - I will get a donation over to you in a bit :daumenhoch:

now THAT doesn't look very sensible, but then it does have gears.....! feel free to ride with our pack until you get bored and race off into the distance

The Team RAD total, including match funding and Gift Aid currently stands at £1,234  :daumenhoch:
Still got 171 days to go, so plenty of time to sign up and join in  :)

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2011, 06:59 AM »

you wont need a fat saddle, couple of mates done it on bmx a few years ago, done it under 6hrs, you always see people on bmx bikes doing it, do it on a unicycle to be different, would love to come but i going to interbike in LAS VEGAS

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2011, 07:27 AM »
thinking of getting one of these  :daumenhoch:
https://parkersofbolton.co.uk/showproduct.aspx?ProductID=1327&SEName=velo-deluxe-30mm-thick-gel-saddle-cover-fit-all-saddles

anyone tried one?

hold on John... SURELY you will be sat on your much loved Elina UL for the 54 miles. You love those seat SO MUCH that will be 54 miles of pure joy for ya  :daumenhoch:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

griff

« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2011, 10:13 AM »
https://parkersofbolton.co.uk/showproduct.aspx?ProductID=1327&SEName=velo-deluxe-30mm-thick-gel-saddle-cover-fit-all-saddles

anyone tried one?

hold on John... SURELY you will be sat on your much loved Elina UL for the 54 miles. You love those seat SO MUCH that will be 54 miles of pure joy for ya  :daumenhoch:

Despite its faultless beauty everyone knows the Elina, like pretty much every other 80s BMX seat was sadly not also designed for comfort - it will be there under the squashy padding and the delightful snakepost is still visible to all  ;)

unicycle next year Pete  :daumenhoch:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2011, 11:14 AM »

anyone tried one?

Despite its faultless beauty everyone knows the Elina, like pretty much every other 80s BMX seat was sadly not also designed for comfort - it will be there under the squashy padding and the delightful snakepost is still visible to all  ;)

unicycle next year Pete  :daumenhoch:

Faultless Beauty?

Should have gone to...

"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

griff

« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2011, 01:45 PM »
since the nice weather's started I thought it might be worth a little bump for this - 158 days until we do it, so still plenty of time to join up and do a bit of training  :daumenhoch:

so far I've managed a few runs of about 8 miles with no problems at all (thanks to the gel padding in that seat cover!) but with padded shorts as well and a whole day to do it 54 should be a breeze

just checked the team fundraising total and with matchfunding/gift aid included we're already a few pence over £1,400  :)
I've found that people at work have been surprisingly generous with their donations (much more so than for previous trekking/running-type stuff) and it's also been a very good way to come out of the 'bmx closet' :daumenhoch:

just think how much we can raise with a few more riders on board.......

DO IT!

level

« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2011, 02:56 PM »
I've been doing my part with 30 plus on the road bike and a ten mile on the DB. Which took its toll and i've proper bust the BB now! new one from Evil Bay should arrive in the next few days.

Also, managed to get my ugly face in the local rag, much to the amusement of everyone I know. Had some pretty good feedback from a few local companies regard sponsorship. but nothing in the form of a donation yet.

Oh, and Rob Ridge gave me £25, such a nice chap.

Me, looking like a dick! The rest of you guys got a mention too, which was nice http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/localnews/8954266.Son_s_inspire_dad_s_charity_bike_ride/

Peace

griff

« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2011, 03:59 PM »
I've been doing my part with 30 plus on the road bike and a ten mile on the DB. Which took its toll and i've proper bust the BB now! new one from Evil Bay should arrive in the next few days.

Also, managed to get my ugly face in the local rag, much to the amusement of everyone I know. Had some pretty good feedback from a few local companies regard sponsorship. but nothing in the form of a donation yet.

Oh, and Rob Ridge gave me £25, such a nice chap.

Me, looking like a dick! The rest of you guys got a mention too, which was nice http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/localnews/8954266.Son_s_inspire_dad_s_charity_bike_ride/

Peace

great work mate - hope this generates a few more quid in your collection!!!
I'm up to 10 miles per session now on the haro - so far my harris is holding up well thanks to padded seat cover  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  London to Brighton team RAD 11th September

gfxgfx
gfx gfx