gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975495 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 08:47 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  London to Brighton team RAD 11th September
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: London to Brighton team RAD 11th September  (Read 102227 times)

Re: London to Brighton team RAD 11th September
« Reply #75 on: August 06, 2011, 08:23 PM »
Hope to catch up with you on sunday Griff !

level

« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2011, 10:42 AM »
If I don't have enough todo I'm thinking of knocking up a tee design, so we have something to keep from the event. I wont be selling them, but will give you guys the design so you can get yours printed in the colour and size you want. was thinking of using http://www.spreadshirt.co.uk/

What cha think?

J

griff

« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2011, 12:05 AM »
sorry missed you 4416 - did you make it to MK?

level I think pickle's sorted some t-shirts from st. marks but not 100% sure.. rob can confirm
nothing to stop you from having one though!

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2011, 07:42 AM »
yep i can get official T's from St Marks.

Once you register it i'm sure it asks what size you want?  ???

griff

« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2011, 09:32 AM »
yep i can get official T's from St Marks.

Once you register it i'm sure it asks what size you want?  ???

don't remember tbh, but then my memory is not what it was  ;D

level

« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2011, 10:09 AM »
Sorry, thats me just being a little special!

I kinda ment like a "team RAD, London to brighton 2011" maybe a route or something on it as well.

but ignore me, I really just need sleep. lots and lots of sleep.

J

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2011, 07:42 AM »
right then guys, we need to start making plans for this now.

I will speak to the organisers at work and get a definate meeting point (although i think it's Clapham common) then we need a time (try for 8am??) then we need to decide what the general feeling is for when we arrive?  are people hving a beer and then going back home, or going to bed down at a Travel lodge and make a night of it?

i haven't thought to much about what to do once we gt there  :-\

griff

« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2011, 10:28 AM »
right then guys, we need to start making plans for this now.

I will speak to the organisers at work and get a definate meeting point (although i think it's Clapham common) then we need a time (try for 8am??) then we need to decide what the general feeling is for when we arrive?  are people hving a beer and then going back home, or going to bed down at a Travel lodge and make a night of it?

i haven't thought to much about what to do once we gt there  :-\

have been sending emails to the difc people to try and get exact details (still haven't received my info pack and wanted to check it wasn't lost in post)
as far as I now it's starting in clapham common though. have looked into public transport my way (which is pretty much non-existent esp. on a sunday) and best time I can make it is going to be around 8:30 - I need to drive to slough and dump car there, then train it to paddington @ 6:46 and ride 6 miles through war-torn london village to the start point. any remaining rioters will probably be tucked up in bed so should be safe enough  ;D
I'm flexible on getting back as have booked the monday off - if anyone is headed back up that way & can accommodate me & my bike then I'm more than happy to chip in for petrol etc, otherwise can just see how the night goes & get the train back the next day  :daumenhoch:

griff

« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2011, 03:28 PM »
Just had an email from the organisers - turns out this is starting from tooting bec common now instead of clapham
For anyone in Brighton we'll be finishing at Hove No 1 Lawn, adjacent to the King Alfred Leisure Centre and alongside Hove Street

On the plus side this is a shorter route than going from clapham, but seeing as public transport is so shit that just means I have to ride further to get to the start line  :tickedoff: from what I can see I'm not able to take my bike on the tube down there from paddington

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2011, 07:42 PM »
john, let me know what time you will get tp paddington and i will meet you and we'll go together  :daumenhoch:

griff

« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2011, 07:54 PM »
john, let me know what time you will get tp paddington and i will meet you and we'll go together  :daumenhoch:

it's due in at 7:20am (that's the first train of the day from slough)  :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2011, 07:58 PM »
cool.....we'll work it mate  :daumenhoch:

griff

« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2011, 08:08 PM »
I reckon I'll be fooked before we get going leaving the house that early  ;D

btw I think I found a way to hook up a bottle cage to a bmx - ordered one of these http://cyclestore.co.uk/productDetails.asp?productID=21110&categoryID=1090

level

« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2011, 12:31 PM »
jeeze, I need more that 500ml of water. I've got one like this, 2.5 ltrs of water. Mind you, it site next to your back, so after an hour its warm, after 2 you could make a coffee with it!

griff

« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2011, 12:39 PM »
I'm sure we'll get chance to refill on the way  :daumenhoch:
didn't fancy carrying a sweaty rucksack so travelling light and making do with a small bag for tubes/mini pump etc that I can put on handlebars

really hope it doesn't piss down  ;D

level

« Reply #90 on: August 19, 2011, 12:46 PM »
I gotta catch a train on sat, and stay over in town, then ride, then stay over in Brightion, then a train home to Dorset. I reckon I'll be needing new clothes on sunday!

Whats everyone taking spares and parts wise?

griff

« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2011, 12:57 PM »
I'll be taking my 'cool tool', a mini pump and a couple of tubes (+ beer money for afters)

Pickle will probably need about 5 chains as he usually snaps at least one an hour

You may wish to consider a large tub of arse cream for when you've finished - unless you've got that seat padded

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2011, 01:09 PM »
Okay, for those that have registered through the www.doitforcharity.com website you should've got a document emailed back to you containing all the info.

Basically the route is laid out with pink arrows all along the way.  at about half distance there is a pub where we all get free lunch!  :daumenhoch:  but basically it's not a race, so we stop whenever we need to for breaks and water/energy drinks  :)

we need to all be at Tooting bec by 9am so we can all register and set off.  my work mates and i will be there and we're probably going to drive my mates car down on the saturday and park it up, then i'll drive back and we will use his estate car to travel back on Sunday evening.

level

« Reply #93 on: August 19, 2011, 02:08 PM »
Im going for the padded seat... and padded riding shorts!

Tubes, pump and a few tools (on BMX's)!

I'm so looking forward to this ride, its going to be epic!

griff

« Reply #94 on: August 19, 2011, 02:46 PM »
Okay, for those that have registered through the www.doitforcharity.com website you should've got a document emailed back to you containing all the info.

Basically the route is laid out with pink arrows all along the way.  at about half distance there is a pub where we all get free lunch!  :daumenhoch:  but basically it's not a race, so we stop whenever we need to for breaks and water/energy drinks  :)

we need to all be at Tooting bec by 9am so we can all register and set off.  my work mates and i will be there and we're probably going to drive my mates car down on the saturday and park it up, then i'll drive back and we will use his estate car to travel back on Sunday evening.

that sounds like a good plan rob -  except by the halfway stage they might have started serving dinner
do you think there'll be any room for a +1 on the way back? can offer petrol money/cuddles by way of compensation

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #95 on: August 19, 2011, 05:17 PM »
i'm sure we could fit you in somehow, he's got an A6 estate so should be room, i will ask on Monday  :daumenhoch:

griff

« Reply #96 on: August 19, 2011, 05:21 PM »
i'm sure we could fit you in somehow, he's got an A6 estate so should be room, i will ask on Monday  :daumenhoch:

nice one rob, just let me know  :daumenhoch:

griff

« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2011, 08:40 PM »
managed (after sending a few emails!) to find out my rider number, so I've had a mess about with photoshop and put a raceplate design together  :daumenhoch:
still got room for a few more sponsors' names and have been badgering a few people at work who already promised to support

Jaymz hope you don't mind I nicked a couple of your designs for that 'factory-rider' look  ;D

spike371

« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2011, 09:15 PM »
1 of my work collegues is hopefully driving me into London on the Sunday morning, then driving down to Brighton to bring me home, so i will be loading his van with spares  ;D ;D

Cant believe this madness will be starting in just 3 weeks  :idiot2: :idiot2:

griff

« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2011, 09:39 PM »

Cant believe this madness will be starting in just 3 weeks  :idiot2: :idiot2:

make that 16 days!

I've managed to find some cheap digs, got a cheap rail ticket too (£5.55 back to victoria on Monday)
just need to find somewhere to park in london now and hope that no-one burns out the car while I'm away

whereabouts are you coming from spike?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  London to Brighton team RAD 11th September

gfxgfx
gfx gfx