gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975536 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 28, 2024, 09:43 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  E.T paintjob or powder
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: E.T paintjob or powder  (Read 28726 times)

ozone

Re: E.T paintjob or powder
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2011, 01:08 PM »
Oh why did you do that

I'm gonna have to watch the movie now tonight to see the bike again  :'(  :LolLolLolLol:

There's an old thread on here with loads of ET/Elliott info and some screen grabs of the Kuwaharas they used in the movie.  I will have a look for it in a mo'   :daumenhoch:

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2011, 08:38 AM »
So to be clear about this, theres actually 4 different style ET bikes flying about  :D

The 'Elliot film ET' which is a Kz, non looptail, with chunky tyres, red horseshoe stem, rattrap pedals.

Then 3 bikes sold to the public:
'ET Original' which had a tange made T2 frame with high end components, sugino spider, stem, diacompe brakes kkt pedals, Ukai's with large flange hubs.

'ET Replica' same Tange T2 frame as the original but lower end components, horseshoe stem, rattrap pedals, chrome steel Ukai's

'ET Special' known as the toystore model, Apollo frame, crappy components & was just basically a copy of the real thing.

Does everyone agree with that?!  :D

I'd say that pretty much covers it , don't want it anymore complixated  ;D  :daumenhoch:

The only thing what is vague is the Movie bikes ,,as they used a few ( slightly varying )

ozone

« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2011, 09:03 AM »
Here's that old thread - very interesting it is too.

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=51162.0

It has some great E.T. pics including these two.  8)  The Elliott pic clearly shows the bike is a KZ-2 ( same frame as KZ-1 but lower specced parts) with Win stem shineside Arayas or Ukais (hard to tell).  Are the tyres IRCs or some other blackwall CompII, I'm not sure.  :-\ 

Offline DoubleD

• Cherry Picker
  • From Holland
  • Rated:
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2011, 10:42 PM »
wheels  are ukai wheels   first generation  like the 7c rims
The tyres  are irc both 20x2.125

same as this replica bike

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2011, 11:18 PM »
i said i never would but in the end after countless pms i decided to give it a go and

heres the result :)

hope you like.

For powder coating drop me a pm

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2011, 02:51 AM »
top work dan :coolsmiley:,

at last peeps can sigh with relief, someones willing to take the job on....      :4_17_5:
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  E.T paintjob or powder

gfxgfx
gfx gfx