gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975537 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 05:28 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  bottom bracket confusion... help :)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: bottom bracket confusion... help :)  (Read 6461 times)

mattuk

Re: bottom bracket confusion... help :)
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2011, 10:38 AM »
if it is one on them where the hell do i get one from :O  just look ey has nothing apart from importing from amercia at around £35+

if thats case im just selling the haro cranks and buying a new chrome crankset that comes with BB already on

now ive ordered a 22m BB  that should be here today/tomorrow.... would the original bearing that came with the axle (guessing now theri 20mm)  would they fit inside the 22mm BB's cups ?    cause that could work?

they never went in the other cups thats all even after sanding

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2011, 10:59 AM »
 :) Gussett and D20 both do 20mm BBs (D20 are cheaper) Alans and Custom Riders sell them.Wait until you get your new BB and see if it fits.Haro/Fusion did make cranks with 20mm axles for years... :daumenhoch:

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2011, 11:30 AM »
You're having a right old time with this  :LolLolLolLol: as said they'll more than likely be 20mm then as i don't think Fusion did 22mm. Gusset and Fishbone also used a 20mm b/b for years if that helps  :daumenhoch:
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

mattuk

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2011, 11:48 AM »
gotta try and see the funny side i guess....  im hoping i can get the bearing that came with the crank and definitely fit it will pop into the new bearing cups

i'll get searching for a 20mm bottom bracket just in case

although im seriously thinking to ebay the haro fusion crank and invest in a nice second hand profile one or something and pay the extra $$$

anyone got one for sale or even just a nice chrome 3 piece WITH A BB THAT FITS    :P

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2011, 05:51 PM »
Just to iron this out a bit for you fellas...

A proper US BB is not metric. The axle is actually 3/4"   (19.05mm), so near as dammit and causes no problems. However, some companies have everything made in Taiwan and/or China (all metric), and have taken over the years to using some oddball sizes for things.

Stick to what you know, traditional stuff, and you'll be fine. A good ole US BB will suit Profiles or Flights no worries. That DiamondBack BB is fine for the job.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  bottom bracket confusion... help :)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx