gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975534 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 25, 2024, 01:06 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Shoe polish?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Shoe polish?  (Read 1018 times)

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
Shoe polish?
« on: May 11, 2011, 08:03 PM »
Got a couple of pair of Tuffs in white that I've bleached and are looking pretty sweet.  That is until you put them next to a freshly powdered white frame when they look decidedly creamy.  Had a thought the other day about wether the spongey padded shoe polish you get in white would work as a bit of a freshener.  Has anyone tried this before I experiment and fook em up?  Also thought it might work on whitewalls to get em nice and bright too?

;D
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
Re: Shoe polish?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 08:06 PM »
I've used it on whitewalls and it worked a treat, tuffs not so sure as ther eisnt really anything for it to soak into

1mancity2

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 08:15 PM »
Recoat your frame to match the wheels  :D

Offline rick1970

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 08:21 PM »
i think you should leave em if they look sweet ,your never going to get a match to new powder unless you put daz white new issue tuffs on ,get it built it will look right in the end  :daumenhoch:

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 08:41 PM »
Yeah, maybe I shoulda got the tuffs right first and then gone for a dulux ivory frame!  Teach me to powder white!

Rick, reckon you're right I don't think it will be so obvious when I get it built with some blue tyres as a break

Think I'll have a blast on the whitewalls tho, nothing to damage too badly there

Ta lads

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 10:02 PM »
You could always spray paint them white like an ex member here did  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Err, no.  Though I think I remember doing that at about 13.  But then I'd spray anything at that age!   :2funny:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Shoe polish?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx