gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975538 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 03:33 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  few more bits I've been doing Zzzzzz Zzzzzzz
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: few more bits I've been doing Zzzzzz Zzzzzzz  (Read 6293 times)

p1nell

few more bits I've been doing Zzzzzz Zzzzzzz
« on: May 29, 2011, 06:54 PM »

there were a lot of ridges on the top wedge, like vains!a few little dents and nasty edges to sort out before I can even think of removing the ridgesby the reflection of my thumb you can just make out pitting which is bad on the lower wedge looks like a previous owner might have tried blasting it before polishing!!
notice the flat spot on the back of stem

Offline stevesredvxr

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: few more bits I've been doing Zzzzzz Zzzzzzz
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 06:59 PM »
Those look awesome pal....... :coolsmiley:

Now be a good boy and sell me the Tuf Neck!!!  :2funny:

Offline AKGOFF

• 900 Air
  • 85 Hutch 'Woody' Trickstar
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 07:01 PM »

Now be a good boy and sell me the Tuf Neck!!!  :2funny:

Just what i was gonna say :LolLolLolLol:
*******EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE APART FROM THE TRICKSTARS******

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 09:47 PM »
like the Tioga :daumenhoch:

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 09:58 PM »
love a bit of shiney alloy me the Tioga is mint the last pic almost looks fake like photo shop filter,     nice  :smitten:

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 10:21 PM »
lok at the shiney shiney  :)
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 11:45 PM »
What colour are you goin to get them anodised ???

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 12:23 AM »
are you using a vienna lime to finish em with, stuggling with a few of my own bits to just get the mirror finnish still chrome looking rather than white if you get me ? , not used any lime vignette/ vienna lime yet as a sealing finnish

Mamba

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 01:02 AM »
They're blooming fantastic, I wish I could get the post on my Stratton to look even half as good!! :daumenhoch:

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2011, 01:42 PM »
steve p used a wet stone for the brushed finish and came out perfect.
although saying that steve could have got a stick out of a tree and made it look perfect  :D
not knocking the polishing on your bits as we were all doing this 3 or 4 years ago.i've still got no finger tips from the many hours of sanding lol.
many have moved on to getting them looking more the way they came from the factory with brushed finish and colours etc.

dave the bmxing gypo

Rodgy1970

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2011, 02:32 PM »
Great skillz   :daumenhoch:

Defo not my cup of char all the same   :-\

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2011, 08:05 PM »

Now be a good boy and sell me the Tuf Neck!!!  :2funny:
You can buy this on ripoffbay for £130 plus postage linds.04  ::) He buys 'em up, polishes and knocks 'em out for top dollar  :shocked: Even bids himself if the price isn't going his way then re-lists it  :daumenhoch:

I know from first hand experience  :2gunsfiring_v1:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 08:07 PM by Londonhellboy »
BANNED

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2011, 08:10 PM »
if you use the edges of the mop you can get in the 2 ridges on the top of the suntour top cap :daumenhoch:

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • funny you should say that..
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2011, 09:33 PM »
What bikes ya got dude?? Any pics? ;)
Griff loves BUM..

Rodgy1970

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2011, 09:43 PM »
Does the picture of this Tuf Neck not match the picture of the Tuf Neck displayed below ???

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/old-school-bmx-stem-tuf-neck-tiger-/120730700782?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item1c1c1c4bee

I would say yes. As regards the other, you should remember who you are dealing with on the ripoffbay as I will never forget having the highest bid on one of items of £38.00, for auction to be terminated near the end and re-listed 3 days later at a starting price of £70.00 with the lame excuse that you listed it incorrectly.

Burned on my brain you are pal  :2gunsfiring_v1:
BANNED

sharp767

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2011, 09:46 PM »

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2011, 09:50 PM »

PMPLMAO at that smiley  :2funny:

PS Linds.04 I have your old reply to the message I sent in regards to the stem too  :daumenhoch: Can be passed to anyone requseting via PM to me on here  :coolsmiley:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 10:01 PM by Londonhellboy »
BANNED

sharp767

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2011, 10:18 PM »
Does the picture of this Tuf Neck not match the picture of the Tuf Neck displayed below ???

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/old-school-bmx-stem-tuf-neck-tiger-/120730700782?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item1c1c1c4bee

I would say yes. As regards the other, you should remember who you are dealing with on the ripoffbay as I will never forget having the highest bid on one of items of £38.00, for auction to be terminated near the end and re-listed 3 days later at a starting price of £70.00 with the lame excuse that you listed it incorrectly.

Burned on my brain you are pal  :2gunsfiring_v1:
I don't know as I can only open the top one for the eBay listing that's on now, the first time the stem has ever been on the bay!  it might have been a lame excuse to you but a perfectly above board one to me! I've sold numerous of the same stuff on the bay so sometimes use the same pictures from another listing as I can't be bothered to keep retaking pics of the same looking stem as a previous one I've done. If auction have ended with no bids I don't always relist them straight away and give another item a chance, or I relist and try new pictures as I think they might have been letting me down. You still haven't cleared the fact of me allegedly knocking my own prices up!! if that was the case and I won the item myself, I'd still have to pay a percentage to eBay for selling it :idiot2: plus my feedback is bang on! and I'm sure eBay would have something to say about it. Can I just say that if I spat my dummy out over every bad eBay encounter I've had, that would be a fair few dummies let me tell you!!

Rodgy1970

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2011, 10:38 PM »
Do you know this ebayer by any chance?

Marta3447

Rodgy1970

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2011, 11:33 PM »
Do you know this ebayer by any chance?

Marta3447

not personally but I've had a lot of dealings with like others on there!

Some of the stuff he's bought looks like some of the stuff you've sold and some of the other stuff he's bought looks like the materials you would need to polish the items you've sold.

Maybe it's just pure coincidence.

ukoldschool

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2011, 01:55 PM »
The blue one you refer to was NOS, the one your selling has been polished to within an inch of its life. and I notice you didnt bother to mention it had been polished in your description:
"Hi,

Up for auction I have this unmarked, hinged, dia compe seat clamp. This is mint.
Any questions feel free to message me.

Thanks for looking and happy bidding"

this is mint my arse - its restored and you should list it as such

sharp767

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2011, 01:57 PM »

ozone

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2011, 02:35 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120727321625

£86 for the dc clamp  :idiot2:

And??! I watched a blue one go for £102! and if you read the feedback left they are more than happy!

you'll all be telling me what colour boxers I put on this morning and which hand I wipe my arse with!

Nice polishing mate.  I like a bit of BLING but I also like stuff that looks original as well.  They are mint compared to the way they looked beforehand so it's a win IMO.   :)

You could always ask a mod to clean up this thread if you want as it has gone a little bit off-toP1c.   ;)  (see what I did there?   ;D)

ukoldschool

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2011, 02:44 PM »
hmmmm

Im not quite sure why your trying to hide the fact that you have access to 2 ebay accounts, and you use one to bid on items being sold by the other.

Your feedback (linds.04) contains 3 feedbacks from "marta3447", one of which is for a highly polished diamond back stem, which is listed in your (linds.04 page 3 Dec 2010) feedback as a buyer:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110658967574

So linds.04 (you) buys an item (ie diamondback stem) polishes the shit out of it (using the polishing equipment bougth using marta3447's ebay account), then lists it for sale under marta3447's account. Then you bid on it as linds.04 to push the price up 3 times, but like a numpty you pushed it too far and ended up winning it. FAIL.
(item bid history:

Dont even try to deny it, your location is listed as "SHREWBURY Shropshire, GB, United Kingdom", marta3447's location is listed as "nr shifnal Shropshire, GB, United Kingdom", ie 18 miles away...... and all the ebay items for both linds.04 and marta3447 are written in the same way witht he same text using the same iphone ap.....

Then theres the fact you list your email address here on your profile as "marta.downward@virgin.net ", which im presuming is either your mum or your birds  mum:

(Taken from the facebook page of the user who has the same email address as you do here.....)

Ive got nothing against people buying stuff at one price, spending time polishing it then re-selling at a profit, but I object to hiding the fact items have been polished and restored by not mentioning it in the auctions, and I (and ebay) object to bidding on items that belong to yourself.

Get a fooking clue numbnuts!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  few more bits I've been doing Zzzzzz Zzzzzzz

gfxgfx
gfx gfx