gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975537 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 11:32 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Another Juan bites the dust...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Another Juan bites the dust...  (Read 2530 times)

Offline Why isnt this working

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Another Juan bites the dust...
« on: June 02, 2011, 09:41 PM »
No no no no .... Juan is fine, its just a fitting title for this paypal story.

Im sorry to do this and bore the sh*t out of peple again with another story about the "dangers" of send funds via paypal as a gift but I think its right I highlight this as proof of what a f*cking dissapointment it can be.

Sometime a few weeks back I was watching a pair of nos wheels Juan was selling on ebay that I was planning to bid on but did'nt due to being highly intoxicated and falling into a deep coma on my sofa  :uglystupid2: Anyway I missed out and to make matters worse they went for stupidly cheep money, i was gutted. I thought i'd contact Juan and ask if he had anymore or some that were as good as nos and to my overwhelming joy he responded nearly imeadiately saying he did. I explained about my stupidity of falling into a drunken coma and how gutted i was as the price was so so cheep and his response was " Dont worry fella, i'll sell you these ones for exactly what the others went for ".......What a f*cking diamond  :D

So he sends me his details and I go into paypal. I type in his address..   juanmattos@gmail.com then contact him to tell him its been sent, he responds " havnt recieved it dude, check the address " so I did. The address I should have sent it to was as follows
juanrmattos@gmail.com. Oh dear, ive missed the letter "r" in the middle of the address I better cancel it and resend. I check it out and there is no option so I ring paypal and explain that ive made a mistake and missed the letter "r" between juan and mattos. Ther response was that there NOTHING they can do as i'd sent it as a gift and that the only chance you have is to email the person you've sent it to in the hope they send it back  :-\. I did this and suprise f*cking suprise there was NO response. So I ring my credit card supplier to explain and they cant do F*ck all either. I have explored all avenues with this and eventually it pushed me over the edge and I went f*cking banana's, which was stupid but I just could'nt help myself. I said " what if I'd send £10000...are you telling me you'd say the same thing you tit...do you think someone would just walk away from that, there response was " you'd have to call the police. I had to pay Juan again for these wheels as I really need them for something I'm going to start building after MK and I'm still really greatfull for him helping me out like he did but its left a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth to be honest.

Anyway , i hate these long drawn out posts and I'm truely sorry for putting it on here but just wanted to make you all aware that you should ALWAYS highlight the paypal address or better still dont send it as a "gift".

Appologies again..

Si :(

dan-dare

Re: Another Juan bites the dust...
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 09:49 PM »
juanker.  :daumenhoch:

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 09:51 PM »
thats a fookin joke.
never herd anything like it mate.
im stopping this gift thing totally.for the sake of an extra little bit its not worth the bother.
dave the bmxing gypo

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 09:51 PM »

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 09:55 PM »
thats a fookin joke.
im stopping this gift thing totally.for the sake of an extra little bit its not worth the bother.

Tell me about it mate. Honestly, I just wanted to go f*cking mental down the phone as I just CANNOT beleive there is not anything they can do. They could'nt even legally look in his account to see if it was still there as I'd sent it as a gift  :idiot2:
To say its frustrating is the biggest understatment in the world.....absolutly ridiculous.

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 09:56 PM »
They should just dump the whole gift thing and then there would be no choice.

Sorry to hear your story mate  :laugh: really hope something good comes out of it.

"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 09:57 PM »
thats a fookin joke.

do you pay more for gift? the reason i ask everyone for gift payment on painting was it was costing

me a small fortune >:(  sorry to hear that si and it's always a lesson learned ;)
For powder coating drop me a pm

Offline rick1970

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 10:02 PM »
thats shocking mate  >:(  ive noticed recently when ive sent as gift im being charged a small sum is this now the norm ie insurance cover or am i being dicked like the rest of us  :2gunsfiring_v1:  :wtf:

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 10:08 PM »
thats a fookin joke.

do you pay more for gift? the reason i ask everyone for gift payment on painting was it was costing

me a small fortune >:(  sorry to hear that si and it's always a lesson learned ;)
thats a fookin joke.

me a small fortune >:(  sorry to hear that si and it's always a lesson learned ;)

F*cking nightmare Dan...shocking. The whole "gift" thing is so the recipitant gets the full ammount and doesnt loose anymoney. So rather than you getting shafted for the paypal fee Dan the person who's bying your services does, if that makes sense  :-\

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 10:09 PM »
unless the money comes from your paypal balance or from a linked bank account you get charged for sending as gift.

so if its come from a registered debit or credit card you will get charged Rick

sorry to hear that Si. hope its get sorted somehow

Offline TORKER mick

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 10:10 PM »
teet  :tickedoff: :2gunsfiring_v1: :rant:

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2011, 10:12 PM »
thats shocking mate  >:(  ive noticed recently when ive sent as gift im being charged a small sum is this now the norm ie insurance cover or am i being dicked like the rest of us  :2gunsfiring_v1:  :wtf:

As I just explained to Dan its the norm. If you wanted Dan to paint one of your frames and he was charging £60 and you sent it as a gift he gets the whole £60 and you get charged the fee. So the seller gets the asking price in full without suffering the fee that in reality they should do for using the service to recive there money.

:daumenhoch:

dan-dare

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2011, 10:13 PM »
thats a fookin joke.

me a small fortune >:(  sorry to hear that si and it's always a lesson learned ;)

Superbikejuanker... :daumenhoch:

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2011, 10:15 PM »
unless the money comes from your paypal balance or from a linked bank account you get charged for sending as gift.

Thanks pal, but I'm possitive I wont.

Ahhh........am I wrong with what i've said then  ???

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2011, 10:21 PM »
thats a fookin joke.

Superbikejuanker... :daumenhoch:

meaning?

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2011, 10:26 PM »
thats a fookin joke.

thats a fookin joke.

F*cking nightmare Dan...shocking. The whole "gift" thing is so the recipitant gets the full ammount and doesnt loose anymoney. So rather than you getting shafted for the paypal fee Dan the person who's bying your services does, if that makes sense  :-\

never new that mate, i've sent gift payment for mk sponsership ect and even guys who have helped

me out on rad and i've never been charged :-\

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2011, 10:40 PM »
There is also a money owed option that is pretty much the same as gift and I use that option it is free for me to use and free the seller to receive.  :daumenhoch:

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2011, 10:42 PM »
thats a fookin joke.

thats a fookin joke.

F*cking nightmare Dan...shocking. The whole "gift" thing is so the recipitant gets the full ammount and doesnt loose anymoney. So rather than you getting shafted for the paypal fee Dan the person who's bying your services does, if that makes sense  :-\

never new that mate, i've sent gift payment for mk sponsership ect and even guys who have helped

me out on rad and i've never been charged :-\

I've got this slightly wrong Dan....check out kuwahero's comment above dude.  :daumenhoch:

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2011, 10:44 PM »
There is also a money owed option that is pretty much the same as gift and I use that option it is free for me to use and free the seller to receive.  :daumenhoch:

Ahh....ok. Do you know if what happened to me would happen aswel using that method or would you be able to get your money back  ???

Offline AKGOFF

• 900 Air
  • 85 Hutch 'Woody' Trickstar
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2011, 10:54 PM »
Si, i have done exactley the same thing twice mate, just missed out 1 letter but i realised my mistake within about 5 minutes there was a button to cancel the transaction which i did. I then sent the money to the right address and got refunded the original one about 2 days later. Go into your Paypal accounmt and see if you can just click 'cancel transaction' or 'cancel payment' somewhere.
Adam
*******EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE APART FROM THE TRICKSTARS******

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2011, 11:06 PM »

Ahh....ok. Do you know if what happened to me would happen aswel using that method or would you be able to get your money back  ???

There is a cancel payment option that I have used but it puts the money into hold for 7 days.  I am not sure if the money hit another paypal account or not, but it was from miss typed email addresses.

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2011, 11:11 PM »

well that explains that si, i use both :daumenhoch:

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2011, 01:15 AM »
two things on reading this

if sending Personal & Gift - 1. make sure it is some one you can trust - 2. mark it with a code and don't put any info in the box, it might be used against you later when paypal stop the gift section, by claming that you are buying and selling but using the P&G method and then making you pay there cut for the transaction - hence pm'ing the info on a site

if the money was sent to account with 1 "r" missing the what are the chances of there being some one with a account in the same name ? would it not sit in a none used account and not be clamed ? - i have sent it to the wrong account and vise versa, you can cancel it ?

cheers B  ???
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

1mancity2

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2011, 01:34 AM »
I always double check the paypal if its someone I have never dealt with, I know how this feels bud I paypal someone for the wrong amount and never got a responce, but a couple of weeks ago I checked my paypal and there was £657 in there that shouldn't be, the following morning I got a email from a guy of ebay that had bought a bmx part months ago and had sent it to me as a GIFT by mistake and asked me to refund him.... Now £657 would easily finish my builds and leave some cash for a slap up meal so what did I do?

I Kept the money his fault

I returned it and told him he was lucky he sent it to a honest bloke and guess what?   he sent me £50 as a thank you  :daumenhoch: which I gave to charity  :smitten:

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2011, 07:01 AM »
I always double check the paypal if its someone I have never dealt with, I know how this feels bud I paypal someone for the wrong amount and never got a responce, but a couple of weeks ago I checked my paypal and there was £657 in there that shouldn't be, the following morning I got a email from a guy of ebay that had bought a bmx part months ago and had sent it to me as a GIFT by mistake and asked me to refund him.... Now £657 would easily finish my builds and leave some cash for a slap up meal so what did I do?

I Kept the money his fault

I returned it and told him he was lucky he sent it to a honest bloke and guess what?   he sent me £50 as a thank you  :daumenhoch: which I gave to charity  :smitten:

dude  :4_17_5:

reminds me of that bloke who bought a house and found 40K in the loft and gave it back the the original owners....  ::)

MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Another Juan bites the dust...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx