gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975538 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 05:11 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Another Juan bites the dust...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Another Juan bites the dust...  (Read 2531 times)

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
Re: Another Juan bites the dust...
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2011, 07:03 AM »
No no no no .... Juan is fine, its just a fitting title for this paypal story.

Im sorry to do this and bore the sh*t out of peple again with another story about the "dangers" of send funds via paypal as a gift but I think its right I highlight this as proof of what a f*cking dissapointment it can be.

Sometime a few weeks back I was watching a pair of nos wheels Juan was selling on ebay that I was planning to bid on but did'nt due to being highly intoxicated and falling into a deep coma on my sofa  :uglystupid2: Anyway I missed out and to make matters worse they went for stupidly cheep money, i was gutted. I thought i'd contact Juan and ask if he had anymore or some that were as good as nos and to my overwhelming joy he responded nearly imeadiately saying he did. I explained about my stupidity of falling into a drunken coma and how gutted i was as the price was so so cheep and his response was " Dont worry fella, i'll sell you these ones for exactly what the others went for ".......What a f*cking diamond  :D

So he sends me his details and I go into paypal. I type in his address..   juanmattos@gmail.com then contact him to tell him its been sent, he responds " havnt recieved it dude, check the address " so I did. The address I should have sent it to was as follows
juanrmattos@gmail.com. Oh dear, ive missed the letter "r" in the middle of the address I better cancel it and resend. I check it out and there is no option so I ring paypal and explain that ive made a mistake and missed the letter "r" between juan and mattos. Ther response was that there NOTHING they can do as i'd sent it as a gift and that the only chance you have is to email the person you've sent it to in the hope they send it back  :-\. I did this and suprise f*cking suprise there was NO response. So I ring my credit card supplier to explain and they cant do F*ck all either. I have explored all avenues with this and eventually it pushed me over the edge and I went f*cking banana's, which was stupid but I just could'nt help myself. I said " what if I'd send £10000...are you telling me you'd say the same thing you tit...do you think someone would just walk away from that, there response was " you'd have to call the police. I had to pay Juan again for these wheels as I really need them for something I'm going to start building after MK and I'm still really greatfull for him helping me out like he did but its left a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth to be honest.

Anyway , i hate these long drawn out posts and I'm truely sorry for putting it on here but just wanted to make you all aware that you should ALWAYS highlight the paypal address or better still dont send it as a "gift".

Appologies again..

Si :(

Sorry to hear the original thread, ..

must admit i had to re-read the email address to spot the mistake,

PP response is bull***t, all the money they make surely they could help you.!

I hate ebay and everything to do with it, as their customer service and policies are unbelievable

Hope you get it sorted,.....

BTW: Have you googled this other Juan Mattos email addy? maybe there's a slim chance he's not seen the money or checked his PP? I did a search and found the following;

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&source=hp&biw=1259&bih=596&q=juanmattos@gmail.com&rlz=1R2ADFA_enGB379&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

http://judelover2015.blogspot.com/2011/05/juanmatosgmailcom.html

and

http://www.inacap.cl/tportalvp/tp_modulos/tpm_blog/tpm_comentario.php?b=481

He posts halfway down the page... seems he is in Dominican Republic, and from other info he sounds legit? Maybe he just hasn't seen this payment?

his post translates as;

Juan Matos Ant

18-08-2009 - juanmatos@gmail.com

Greetings, I am CCNA instructor in Dominican Republic, would furnish me information on the costs and timetable for the CCNA course instructor securiy. Thank you very much!

keep chasing the money dude! don't give up

Matt
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline Why isnt this working

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2011, 07:37 AM »
Hi Matt (mokeybiscuits) mate, thanks for that....very interesting.

I did google his name but did'nt have much time to spend on investigating it. I was gonna try getting intouch with gmail and see if there was anyway they could contact him to let him know what had happened  :-\. Its just such a shame that paypal themselves could'nt of sent him an email aswell to back mine up with a bit of heavywieght clout, if you know what im saying. I will continue to chase it up but i'm not holding my breath after the discustions i've had. My new rule of thumb is only send a "gift" payment to someone who you really believe you can trust and always highlight the paypal address sent from the seller, that way its there fault if they spelt or wrote it wrong. In my case I looked at Juans address at a glance and assumed it was just juanmattos, not juanrmattos   :-[. It really is my own fault.

I'll keep on trying and many thanks for looking into it for me...nice one  :daumenhoch:

Si.

Offline Why isnt this working

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2011, 07:46 AM »
Si, i have done exactley the same thing twice mate, just missed out 1 letter but i realised my mistake within about 5 minutes there was a button to cancel the transaction which i did. I then sent the money to the right address and got refunded the original one about 2 days later. Go into your Paypal accounmt and see if you can just click 'cancel transaction' or 'cancel payment' somewhere.
Adam

There is a cancel button that can be used but thats is only shown if the funds hav'nt reached the address you have sent it to. I checked withing 10 minutes and it was'nt there, and once its hit THATS IT!!!! Sounds like you have had a very narrow escape Adam......beware pal, I know you buy some pricey parts  ??? If it was sent as a puchace or another option where you pay a fee this thread would'nt exist as they can get the money back no problem.

One way of sorting all this out would be just to add the fee to the asking price of our parts and say send it as a purchace please, then we are all safe  ???

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2011, 07:46 AM »
Hi Matt (mokeybiscuits) mate, thanks for that....very interesting.

I did google his name but did'nt have much time to spend on investigating it. I was gonna try getting intouch with gmail and see if there was anyway they could contact him to let him know what had happened  :-\. Its just such a shame that paypal themselves could'nt of sent him an email aswell to back mine up with a bit of heavywieght clout, if you know what im saying. I will continue to chase it up but i'm not holding my breath after the discustions i've had. My new rule of thumb is only send a "gift" payment to someone who you really believe you can trust and always highlight the paypal address sent from the seller, that way its there fault if they spelt or wrote it wrong. In my case I looked at Juans address at a glance and assumed it was just juanmattos, not juanrmattos   :-[. It really is my own fault.

I'll keep on trying and many thanks for looking into it for me...nice one  :daumenhoch:

Si.

no probs Si,  :daumenhoch:

I didn't spot the 'r' either, so don't beat yourself up too much mate,

I've only had a quick look, but seems like this other Juan is a genuine fella,....?

good luck
Matt

MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2011, 07:52 AM »
Done it myself before send to the wrong addres ,, spelling typo , but fortunately not gift

I  always copy and paste the link now so it's exactly as it was sent to me  ;)

,  even the sender can type it you wrong by mistake ,, though , but that's not your fault ,, so keep the pm/proof , till funds clear  ;)

I think gift is still a good thing and happy to do it still for those who I have done many deals with and trust

You've gotta remember ,,there's no safety net though ,,no fee , no service .

This is just a real unfortunate mistake typing , feel sorry for you Simon  :'( :'( :'(

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2011, 08:28 AM »
Si, the situation is shite  :-\ but Juan is a good guy its just been an unfortunate mistake. God willing the other "juan mattos" has the decentency to check their account and refund you back the cash, keep emailing them!  :daumenhoch:

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2011, 10:02 AM »
just tell him you are with the south american cartel and that you want our money back  >:D
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2011, 02:01 PM »
the problem is that paypal sucks. if you don't use them, you won't have a problem.
ding dong

trickydeno

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2011, 11:17 PM »
nightmare,paypal are tossers!  i had a similar thing happen to me even without paying as gift option....paypal did fook all.in the end i managed to get at the guy in the states by guessing his facebook profile and emailed all his friends & family telling em what he'd done.....2 days later....refunded.but paypal rearly don't do enough to help at all.if its not an ebay transaction...they don't wanna know.

anyway si,hope it somehow works out for you mate  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Another Juan bites the dust...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx