gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 25, 2024, 02:49 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  2008 retro quadangle v's old school quadandle info and help
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2008 retro quadangle v's old school quadandle info and help  (Read 7864 times)

Offline bigfatolly

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: 2008 retro quadangle v's old school quadandle info and help
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2011, 11:09 PM »
Says in the ad also available in baby blue with chrome forks,that would be the better bet :daumenhoch:

Threaders

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2011, 08:47 AM »
They have run out of them ones. Only the tan frame and blue forks available from them now :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 03:04 PM by Threaders »

Offline popedante

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2011, 11:52 AM »

the '07s in baby blue with chrome forks were much much nicer that the 08's in monkey shit brown............

sam hudson

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2011, 10:17 AM »
I've got the 2009 Quad in Red and I ride it at the track with no worries...I think its great.

Like the guys said earlier, the geometry is different on the new ones, which I prefer as I don't break my knees off when I ride it!
I dont have any issues with it being flexy (but I'm not all that heavy so it might be different for others). I wasnt that fussed with the red and gold but I've got used to it now and I quite like it.

The old ones were made from Reynolds 501 were'nt they? whereas the new ones are Chr-mo.. no probs either way.

You need to ask what you want it for as I had an original Ripper and DB Silver Streak which I didnt enjoy riding as they felt too small for me, I got a new Ripper with a longer top tube (same as 2009 Quad I think) and it was much better...however, the old ones look great...so what do you want it to do? Ride or be looked at?

Either way, you will still be buying a nice bike.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2011, 10:41 AM »
FWIW I had a chrome Quad in about 87. Beautiful frame but way too short for me and I sold it about a week later.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  2008 retro quadangle v's old school quadandle info and help

gfxgfx
gfx gfx