gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975537 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 10:10 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  olympic tickets
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: olympic tickets  (Read 2632 times)

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
olympic tickets
« on: June 19, 2011, 08:56 PM »
bmx tickets, did any one get any?
by the look of it there's no second chance as they appear to be sold out

http://media.ticketmaster.com/en-gb/img/sys/tournament/london2012/oly-cycling-a.pdf

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
Re: olympic tickets
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 08:51 AM »
Nope, applied and got nowt ;-(

Maybe if I was a minority group or sponging scumbag instead of a hard-working British taxpayer quite willing to pay for the once-in-a-lifetime chance to take his kids to the Olympics I'd have been given some for nowt....

;-(
Still limping......

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 09:02 AM »
Nope, applied and got nowt ;-(

Maybe if I was a minority group or sponging scumbag instead of a hard-working British taxpayer quite willing to pay for the once-in-a-lifetime chance to take his kids to the Olympics I'd have been given some for nowt....

;-(

True, nowt worse than being British and hard working in this country at times.  Rule fooking Britannia  :2gunsfiring_v1:  :Great_Britain:
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 09:05 AM »
it was a lottery...........you had as much chance as anyone else who applied.  got nowt to do with social standing but great excuse to bang on about how fooked this country is...blah blah blah!

jebus!

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 10:55 AM »
i don't actually know anyone who got tickets...  :uglystupid2:
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline Jamroll

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 03:33 PM »
Didn't get ticketsto the BMX which has pissed me off to be honest, as that wouldhave been a one in a lifetime experience, got wot the MRS wanted to see though....fooking Opening & Closing Ceremonies, So i'll be going to the olypics but see fook all sport  :uglystupid2:

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 09:48 PM »
applied and got nowt

but i can take advantage of thomas cooks luck in getting tickets to the bmx final for £700 with a shitty hotel near Heathrow

They must of been so lucky as they have quite a few of these packages and as i was only allowed to apply for 4

I also got the opportunity to add a compulsory £150 "donation" throught my council tax asi live in a London borough as well.

Thanks seb you complete noo-noo

part time

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 07:47 AM »
Although I understand the whole lottery nature of it, and I also think what ever was done there would be disappointed people who didn't get the tickets they wanted, i've gone off the whole idea of the Olympics now and really can't be that arsed about it.

sweetbeats

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 08:33 AM »
£700 for a bmx final  :LolLolLolLol:
Robbing Fookers.

retrogeezer

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 08:45 AM »
it was a lottery...........you had as much chance as anyone else who applied.  got nowt to do with social standing but great excuse to bang on about how fooked this country is...blah blah blah!

jebus!

Not totally Rob, corporate 'sponsors' get the lions share of tickets to give away to well off folk that can afford them anyway. Even though (according to this article) the taxpayer contibuted 12billion and the 'sponsors' only contributed 1.4billion, the sponsors got 60% of the tickets to give away.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1394064/London-2012-Olympics-Corporate-fat-cats-half-Games-tickets.html
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 08:46 AM by retrogeezer »

Offline MaD-RoK

• Flip-Whip
  • I think my eyeball is allergic to sperm.
    • +100km BMX Marathon. Donate here....
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 09:10 AM »
I'm going to go for press accreditation. Might not get it mind, but i'll be pulling some strings to try.  :bondage:

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 09:13 AM »
the olympic MTB Track is half a mile from my house, ... did i get tickets... did i **** !!

really wanted BMX tix too, suppose i'll watch it on the goggle box like most!  :uglystupid2:

I don't see the point in hosting these events, as it leaves the tax payer out of pocket and everyone disapointed.

MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

sweetbeats

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2011, 09:15 AM »
Maybe Gadaffi or some other dictator will have a spare ticket.

http://m.mirror.co.uk/article?a=m4:23203938

sharp767

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2011, 09:22 AM »
just for once why cant the british media run stories about the positive things that the olympics will bring?
i fooking hate our media especially snotrags like the daily mail, personally i wouldnt wipe my arse on it.
whatever the rights and wrongs of it all we only ever get the negative stuff.
and like fookin sheep we all read it and go baaah!
pisses me right off.

sweetbeats

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2011, 09:33 AM »
I think the olymics will be really funny and can't wait to see the opening and closing ceromonies  :coolsmiley:
Should look pretty silly compared to China's efforts.
 8)
Hope Gadaffi enjoys it though baaaa  ???

sweetbeats

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2011, 09:35 AM »
the olympic MTB Track is half a mile from my house, ... did i get tickets... did i **** !!

really wanted BMX tix too, suppose i'll watch it on the goggle box like most!  :uglystupid2:

I don't see the point in hosting these events, as it leaves the tax payer out of pocket and everyone disapointed.

Sure someone was selling a massive ladder in jumble sale.
Just peek over the fence  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Julian347

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2011, 09:39 AM »
Managed to get some! Still waiting for official confirmation, but I know I've got the BMX by the amount that was taken out of my account.

Thought I had missed out and I got them as some people had obviously defaulted on the payment as the money was taken out way after the original date.

Was really p1ssed off to start with as I had no tickets for the Olympics and none for the the Supercross trial event as they had sold out when I tried.

I'm a happy man now!

Julian

retrogeezer

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2011, 10:08 AM »
just for once why cant the british media run stories about the positive things that the olympics will bring?
i fooking hate our media especially snotrags like the daily mail, personally i wouldnt wipe my arse on it.
whatever the rights and wrongs of it all we only ever get the negative stuff.
and like fookin sheep we all read it and go baaah!
pisses me right off.

Just for the record, I saw that info on the news a week or so ago and just searched for it on google, the mail re-print of the info was the 1st thing I found.

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2011, 12:25 PM »
to cap it all i just found out the mrs got tickets for the olympics tennis but still no bmx  :(

S1

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2011, 12:11 PM »
I applied for two BMX tickets and two MTB tickets, didnt get the MTB tickets but did get tickets to BMX Male & Female Semi's and Finals plus Victory ceremonies! Well chuffed tbh!!!

Offline Nicfred

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2011, 12:42 PM »
I got chuff all either  :knuppel2:
I have had an email though see below:

We would like to thank you for applying for London 2012 Olympic Games tickets.

Due to the overwhelming demand for tickets, we are sorry that you have not been allocated the tickets you requested. We can confirm that we have not taken any payment from you.

Demand for tickets greatly exceeded supply in the sessions and price categories you applied for. Where sessions were oversubscribed, we undertook a random ballot to allocate tickets in the fairest possible way. We had applications for more than 20 million tickets, seeing huge demand across many sports. Two-thirds of all price categories were oversubscribed and went to ballot.

Exclusive opportunity

We would like to invite you to take advantage of an exclusive opportunity to purchase some of the remaining tickets, in advance of those customers who were allocated tickets in the initial application phase
From 6am on 24 June until 6pm on 3 July 2011 you will be able to request some of the remaining tickets on the London 2012 ticketing website

These tickets will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. They cover a great range of Olympic sports including Athletics, Basketball, Football, Handball, Hockey and Volleyball

So basically they are now trying to sell me the Shit no one else wanted, yep ill take them all  :Aresehole: i bet the "Exclusive opportunity" email has only been sent to me  :rant:

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2011, 10:38 PM »
well we applied for 4 and got all 4, waiting for conformation but it looks like i'm in :)

must be the friends in the know ;)

For powder coating drop me a pm

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2011, 10:43 PM »
well we applied for 4 and got all 4, waiting for conformation but it looks like i'm in :)

greedy fooker                                   :LolLolLolLol:

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2011, 10:49 PM »

:LolLolLolLol: most of my mates are invovled in the constrution of the olymipics, concrete side,

it's deffo who you know :daumenhoch:
For powder coating drop me a pm

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2011, 10:53 PM »

:LolLolLolLol: most of my mates are invovled in the constrution of the olymipics, concrete side,

it's deffo who you know :daumenhoch:
hmmm  :(

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  olympic tickets

gfxgfx
gfx gfx