gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975537 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 08:22 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Me & My Bikes  |  Gavprimo
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Gavprimo  (Read 1332 times)

Offline gavprimo

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Gavprimo
« on: June 30, 2011, 11:09 PM »
Name:  Gavin Terry, aka Gavprimo or Dangerous gav

Occupation: Policy Manager for Diabetes UK/ serial bmx acquirer/builder

Years Collecting: build a bmx every now now and then sell, then find another load of bits and build another one!

Interests: mid and new school bmx, mtb

Dislikes: a lot of the very very new school bikes, they look a bit characterless and samey  

Favourite BMX: Metal Burma

Favourite OS brand: Curtis or Robinson

Haro RS1 that I was going to use to have a go at OS racing, but didn't get round to it

had a couple of off the peg Huffy's (MJ12 and a Cory Nastazio sig) then got into building.  one of the first Fly Panteras, in bronze, with smoked chrome demolition rims and wtp royal cranks

a while later I built up a T1 Barcode after picking up the frame for £13

next up was a mongoose rogue that I picked up complete for  change, rawed the frame and tidied it up, but it still rode like crap and was heavy

got the bug again though and built up a Federal T-Nez with Proper forks and Proper bars, primo balance wheelset and ody aitken tyres, madera cranks.brilliant bike.  Hidden nation seatpost put the seat at the right angle long before pivotal came about

After that went, I picked up a Hoffman complete for about £20, tried my hand at custom painting some race checkers and generally made it rideable

After that I came across a Metal Burma Frame, and put some effort into building my ideal bmx
Metal burma, with Fly Racing Mike Day bars, Hoffman forks, atomlab trailpimp front wheel, sun city light rear on a GSport homer, fly malaga stem and home made fur trimmed pivotal.  Was the best bike I had. Got totally shafted swapping it for a downhill mtb that was a total PoS.  hard lesson learned :(

most recent was an S&M dirt bike mid schoolish build, good fun but I sold it to fnance a new mtb

my mtb - Curtis SuperX

just got my sone a Fit TRL Pro off Mark on here, top buy from a top guy!  used it as an excuse to get myself another bmx.  got a cracking deal on a Macneil freimuth and will post a pic up when I'm done tweaking  ;)

« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 11:11 PM by gavprimo »

Offline gavprimo

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Gavprimo
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 08:30 PM »
Here's my 'new' Macneil Freimuth.  Thanks to Fraz for the aitken redwall on the front.  I picked up some bars from an FBM complete and got a new Eastern JFK stem from BMX-shop.com's ebay shop.  £12.99 posted, which I thought was pretty good as everywhere else they are still £54!!  so its had a few tweaks already

Its got Proper Magnatanium cassette hub on a odyssey SevenkA rim, and an Eastern sealed front, Primo Hollowbites and a Flybikes brake.  The Tioga powerblock on the back is one of the thinnest tyres I've ever seen, but still had trouble getting on the ody rim  :-\

the Macneil frame is a bit long, soonce I've stripped the Simple Debut frame I've got I may swap all the bits over

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Me & My Bikes  |  Gavprimo

gfxgfx
gfx gfx