gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975538 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 01:28 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  hutch
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: hutch  (Read 949 times)

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
hutch
« on: July 02, 2011, 01:13 AM »
just a question, why is hutch so poppular as i dont remember this bitd?
ok it looks good but all i can remember is there stuff snapping/cracking   ???

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: hutch
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 01:25 AM »
yep you're right put the word hutch in the title and its megabucks , crazy really, its the old chestnut because people pay it its worth it

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • funny you should say that..
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 05:41 AM »
I remember them, but don't remember any of my local bike shops selling em.. But always in the mags..got one now though and love it!!! :daumenhoch:
Can stop thinking about another build though?? This is sick!!!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 05:52 AM by POOCH »
Griff loves BUM..

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 07:45 AM »
You don't remember Hutch  ??? ??? ???

You don't remeber reading BMX Action bike,,BMX  Plus or BMX Action ?  ???

Seeing pics of the following rider in the red and white race kits with stars  ?

Timmy Judge , Mike Miranda, Toby Henderson , Steve Veltman , Charlie Williams ,Jon Vile  ???

Not forgeting the freestyle teams Woody Itson Mike Dominguez, Mike Buff, Donovan Ritter   ???

No way,, I don't believe you

Richie Hutchins was a driven and dedicated innovator like Scot Breiphaupt(
 He was behind SE ,,they made The PK Ripper  you may have seen those BITD too , but I bet they weren't sold in your local bike shop either )
He  pushed the boat too and developed new parts and  lived for his team and company  :4_17_5:

Maybe your bike shop didn't stock Hutch because they didn't use Shner Distribution and went for usual top selling  bikes and parts Mongoose ,DB, GT , Sugino, Shimano  and threw in the Silverfox's Ammaco, Falcon as fillers .

They used to stock Hutch frames at Bolton BMX centre ( MK Cycles) and I wanted a black HUtch frame they had in stock , so bad  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

You really don't remember HUtch Beartrap pedals ?  ???

The parts back then weren't cheap , and hence more scarce than say DX's ,Suntour powerstems etc ,,,  it's the same as any market some people want to buy a Hyundai Accent (  Halfords Turbo ) and some a Porsche (Hutch)

It's no snobbery ,, but they  were more  expensive back then and not as common ,, so obviously command more money today also .

I think because of the price and them being sought after ,, it creates this lovers  who have to have one and the haters who say I haven't and won'tever  build one  , so there's always a thread pops up now and again saying ,, Well i don't understand why you'd pay that for a stem when you can buy a full DB Viper or Goose

There's never a thread about other expensive part brands of even higher status ,, Son lite, ESP ,SST  ,, probably because they are hardly seen ,because these top level items were only used by serious riders back then and serious collectors today
So they're not noticed the same .

The best thing I can say to people who hate the brand for no other reason than"Ummmm  it costs alot "  ,,, is look on the web and find out a bit more about the Hutch ,,Richie Hutchins ,, it won't make you buy one but may create a bit of respect for the man and team  :4_17_5: ,,,,,and think ,, " yeah they're actually quite cool "  :)  ::)

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 07:49 AM »
Just read back to the top of the post and saaw the contradiction

I don't remember them BITD ,,,

All I remember is stuff snapping and cracking all the time 

:idiot2:

hat's why it's sooooo rare   :LolLolLolLol:

Hutch Aerospeeds I bet wouldn't last more than one  race meet  :LolLolLolLol:

In2 bmx

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 08:23 AM »
yep you're right put the word hutch in the title and its megabucks , crazy really, its the old chestnut because people pay it its worth it
Rabbit Hutch . Cheap as chips at pets at home ... An won't brake as easy as the Bmx .  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 10:34 AM »
The pedals and frames didn't snap. No more than any other brand. It's an all American brand, like jmc, so they are the most wanted over the pond. This keeps prices high. I like em, except all those horrendous pastel coloured bikes, god awful colours they are.
ding dong

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 10:47 AM »
The pedals and frames didn't snap. No more than any other brand. It's an all American brand, like jmc, so they are the most wanted over the pond. This keeps prices high. I like em, except all those horrendous pastel coloured bikes, god awful colours they are.

most of the hutch frames were  stronger than the ta ,rippers and only haro stuff held up to them but they always cracked underneath seat tube as haro never bothered to weld that bit up .why i never know
no1stuntmaster on instagram

trasher

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2011, 11:27 AM »
how can you not remember him

he was part of the koolest double act in the 70's  proper old skool

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2011, 12:39 PM »
 ::) chris you are like the hutch jedi   :LolLolLolLol:
defend the hutches i will, yodadubber  :-*

winnit93

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2011, 01:05 PM »
Hutch owned bmx in the 80's no matter what other people may think  :smitten:

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2011, 01:31 PM »

it's the same as any market some people want to buy a Hyundai Accent (  Halfords Turbo ) and some a Porsche (Hutch)

It's no snobbery ,, but they  were more  expensive back then and not as common ,, so obviously command more money today also .

The Halfords Turbo is a damn site more rarer today though  :LolLolLolLol:  Freakin Hutch bikes everywhere now. :coolsmiley: :coolsmiley:
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Offline steve69

• Flip-Whip
  • aka. Steve Changa
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2011, 01:36 PM »
Just read back to the top of the post and saaw the contradiction

I don't remember them BITD ,,,

All I remember is stuff snapping and cracking all the time 

:idiot2:

hat's why it's sooooo rare   :LolLolLolLol:

Hutch Aerospeeds I bet wouldn't last more than one  race meet  :LolLolLolLol:
I think you'll find Andy said he doesn't remember Hutch being so popular BITD, not that he doesn't remember Hutch as a product ;)

I remember them as a very nice frame with clean simple lines and loved them, although i could think of other frame sets back then that i would rather have and did. (have two pro-racers at the mo though)
If there's air in the tyres... it's a rider

Offline Andy68

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2011, 03:27 PM »
I've been thinkin about all this mega buck stuff lately, eg Hutch etc but none of us or our parents I should say could afford em. Remember we used to just sit looking thro the mags wishing we had one. We saved and added better quality parts or upgraded when we could but all we did was thrash around the streets and ride on our homemade track in a field near our estate. Question is, are folks buying this top end stuff now simply because it's rare and they can or is it to relive their youth, perhaps had the best quality parts if they used to race/freestyle?? We were obsessed with the whole scene early to mid 80's but some of the stuff I've seen for sale I've not heard of before until I found this site.....ie Titron pedals, cant even find em for sale in my old mags??? :uglystupid2:

I've recently finished the GT similar to BITD. It's nice (still miles away from your show builds) but now I don't wanna scratch it etc but thats not what it was all about back then. Next build will be 'ratlook'!!

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2011, 08:45 PM »
just a question, why is hutch so poppular as i dont remember this bitd?
ok it looks good but all i can remember is there stuff snapping/cracking   ???

Yes Steve ,, just read Andy's post again ,,but right this time  ::)

He doesn't remember them being popular ,, not doesn't remember them

my mistake sorry   :idiot2:  :angel:

And Southern Andy  :LolLolLolLol: Hutch's everywhere at the mo ,, I know,,, but it doesn't help when people are stickering up Pro Raiders as Pro stars  :crazy2:,, I kid you not 

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2011, 09:03 PM »
I do think Hutch is an iconic part of OS bmx.My intrest started back in my racing days back in 83. Started off with a Team Murray and progressed onto a Hutch Pro racer.The only Hutch parts i didn't have on the bike was the Aerospeeds(did have comp 4's but not Hutch branded) and a Hutch branded seat.Other than those,everything else was Hutch.I didn't have rich parents,just spent my mornings before school doing a paper round and sometimes two or three in one morning.I got there in the end and to this day all i need(which i'll never get because of cost/rarity) is aJudge,a lawsuit ali junior and a 16" pit,then i've got one of each of the USA made frames.During my racing days,i never saw any Hutch part fail,nothing ever failed for me,the only issue was the legendary flaking chrome.But i say good for Rich Hutchins for trying to do something different.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  hutch

gfxgfx
gfx gfx