gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975464 Posts in 138918 Topics by 6342 Members - Latest Member: Bikemong March 19, 2024, 11:41 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  Old Fools BMX Roadtrip  |  ITINERARY Old Fools11 Sept 16-17th !
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: ITINERARY Old Fools11 Sept 16-17th !  (Read 10505 times)

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
ITINERARY Old Fools11 Sept 16-17th !
« on: August 07, 2011, 09:53 PM »
Hey Old Fools,

time to get that diary out and book some free time for the best BMX trip of the year - Old FOols Cornwall!

This is the 11th Old FOols, and is set o tbe another awesome trip based on good times, fun, and no-attitudes riding

As ever, we are picking a few spots in cornwall, and staying at the bext pub / hotel in the world, The Driftwood Spars Hotel in St agnes

The owners/staff are just as excited as us for this years Old Fools - I met with them recently to discuss stuff - it's gonna be an AWESOME weekend.

http://www.driftwoodspars.co.uk/

Friday 16th September, we will be starting the trip at

Truro Skate Plaza at 10am

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=53857636652

directions: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=St+Georges+Road%2C+Truro%2C+United+Kingdom

It'll be a bif f concrete street/flat bank/mini ramp kid of affair, and a good spot to grabe some lunch as it is right in next to the town,

than we move on to

Playing Place old school bowl at 1pm ish

This is a reeeeeeeally old bowl, and was great fun last time round - this will be a good spot for a chilled lottle stop off on this Friday Afternoon..

http://rollparks.co.uk/story.php'title=playing-place-bowl

then we will be rolling on to Mount Hawk indoor park - at the time of this trip, it will be officially CLOSED for a new re fit and layout, but it looks like we have a FREE secret session for the Old FOols ONLY on that Friday afternoon at around 3.30pm ish = for an hour or two. This will be a good end to the day, great to support the local indoor park, take some pics and get it all over FBook etc for them. Plus we get a free go on whatever bits of the park are ready.

http://www.mounthawke.net/

Then Fri night is Driftwood spars - live music, new menu designed for the budget conscious Old Fools... rememebr to take it easy on the first night. Yeah Right.

SATURDAY 17th

We are thinking of returning to

The Track in Portreath for 10.30am

. Great dirt jump venue which now also has tarmac run ins to it's resi ramp and foam pit, plus a new wooden mini ramp [ thank the lord says those of us who dont ride dirt]

This is a paying venue, but we are sorting an Old fools only price.

Lunch is available here too.

http://www.the-track.co.uk/

This is subject to change, but loks fairly certain for now.

Then we roll on to Newquay Wooden Waves, newly re surfaced and the most fun park in Cornwall for 1 to 2pm

We will then stay here for the afternoon, ride the park, ride the kiddies playground down the hill [ that place is SO much fun]

and then it will cilminate in the annual street ride into Newquay town, and down to Fistral Beach for a beer and birdwatching... ataround 5pm.

http://www.tickity-boo.co.uk/leisure/page.php?pgid=171&menuID=6

then, it is back to the Driftwood for the end of tour party!!!

I really look forward to seeing you all there, dont miss out on the BEST bmx trip this autumn!

One thing - please remember that the Driftwon Spars is an awesome pub  that helps us out massively - so this year, no twatting about with vandalism or pranks - I know who did it last year, and this yea rI wont hesitate to point the finger if it happens agaain.

By the way, they still have rooms on hold, but for only about one week longer, so book en up, ring and say you are with the Old FOol sand they will sort you out!!

See you in Cornwall in just over a month!!!

steve

dirtbro

Re: ITINERARY Old Fools11 Sept 16-17th !
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 09:59 PM »
steve i love you !!! cant wait  i will be leaving Belfast on wed night and will see you all there

smitty

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 01:43 PM »
The Leeds locals a ready to rock, just gotta count down the 25 days remaining! Let the good timez roll  :daumenhoch:

dirtbro

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 06:11 PM »
Sitting in Wales on the way back to Belfast from the Motocross drinking rattlers .can't wait

dirtbro

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 02:25 PM »
not long now.....

G_bmx205

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 12:07 PM »
Sounds good, one of the leeds team road trip cars is ready bar fuel & loading with stuff for the off. :)

Shuld be great fun as usual.

g

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 07:05 PM »
then we will be rolling on to Mount Hawk indoor park - at the time of this trip, it will be officially CLOSED for a new re fit and layout, but it looks like we have a FREE secret session for the Old FOols ONLY on that Friday afternoon at around 3.30pm ish = for an hour or two. This will be a good end to the day, great to support the local indoor park, take some pics and get it all over FBook etc for them. Plus we get a free go on whatever bits of the park are ready.

Looking forward to seeing you guys riding the BMX part of the place.  Have spent this week helping strip out the centre section and by next week hopefully you'll start to see what's happening with the rebuild just as long as the Corby builders extract their digits and get cracking on it - were due last Sunday night but now not appearing until Tuesday next week!!  It it's given us ample opportunity to clear the place so they've got no excuses but to crack on with it with a 'blank canvas'.  It's going to be rad when it's finished.  See you Friday.  Humps

dirtbro

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 05:36 PM »
right folks van is packed just a beer stop and thats me off
see you all on friday
thinking of stopping at decoy on the thur if anyone is up for it

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2011, 07:08 PM »
just got back and had a great time, so did the rest of the southsea crew, we will be back next year!!

was good to see and chat to a few people from on here, big thanks to shine for the loan of the van for the night, thanks again :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 09:26 AM »
Great to finally Meet you properly Kev. Top weekend  :daumenhoch:

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2011, 09:35 AM »
good to meet and have a ride with u too alex :daumenhoch:

looking forward to the next one

dirtbro

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2011, 06:57 PM »
kev it was a pleasure to lend you guys the van , see you again soon

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2011, 07:24 PM »
thanks again, hopefully next time we will get more riding done and i wont be so knackered that i have to have a early night :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2011, 07:46 PM »
So, where are this years videos??  Two weeks ago and ..... nothing.  Did it happen??  Humps

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2011, 10:12 AM »
I thihnk it is all being collated right now... all so busy since we got back... the trip was an absolute belter... will do a little write up later!!
steve

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2011, 11:00 AM »
cool would like to see what happened on the friday as i only managed to make it from sat onwards and the bloody weather didnt help!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  Old Fools BMX Roadtrip  |  ITINERARY Old Fools11 Sept 16-17th !

gfxgfx
gfx gfx