gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 26, 2024, 11:25 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Winged GT sticker placement?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Winged GT sticker placement?  (Read 2186 times)

theRuler

Winged GT sticker placement?
« on: May 28, 2006, 02:51 PM »
where does this GT sticker go:

its going on this old unstamped GT (if it needs too)

i was thinking of cutting off "bmx" and sticking it on the crossbar of the handlebars. should i?

toooldforthis

Re: Winged GT sticker placement?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 07:37 PM »

Will it fit on your old bill?

:LolLolLolLol:

Offline Nosnod

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 08:09 AM »
I have never worked out where these go. Some people seem to put them on the seat tube but I have got some GT adverts going back to 1981 and they still used the round GT decal on both the head tube and seat tube even then

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 09:06 AM »

graham if you dont use it i defo need one asap, i never seen one on a frame b4

theRuler

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 10:24 AM »
i have a nora cup sticker to go on the seattube

i think i will just leave this one off

mcam

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 12:29 PM »
Do your frame and fork decals say "Santa Ana California" or "4130 Chromoly". I assume they say 4130 chromoly, as these decal sets usually come with those winged decals (ginny sells these sets)

Your frame should have the "Santa Ana California" decals, and if it is 1981 or 1982, it should have the head tube decal on the seat tube as well. If it is an 83, it should have the 1982 Nora cup decal on it.

Whats the serial number of your frame? (On the inside of the drive side rear dropout).

Nice looking frame!

theRuler

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2006, 02:19 PM »
Do your frame and fork decals say "Santa Ana California" or "4130 Chromoly". I assume they say 4130 chromoly, as these decal sets usually come with those winged decals (ginny sells these sets)

Your frame should have the "Santa Ana California" decals, and if it is 1981 or 1982, it should have the head tube decal on the seat tube as well. If it is an 83, it should have the 1982 Nora cup decal on it.

Whats the serial number of your frame? (On the inside of the drive side rear dropout).

Nice looking frame!

hey mate
the serial is: 9830386

it had a nora cup sticker on the seattube, which was thrashed, but there was another one on the fork steerer tube. that had been safely inside the headtube for over 20 years. i manged to peel it off (after dunking the fork in boiling water) and i will be able to reattach that one to the seattube

i have used the decals that say 4130 chrome moly on the downtubes and the forks, and am just looking for some of the old GT emblems that say santa ana on them (aswell as GT)

i am presuming its an 83 bike, being the nora cup model. it had pretty generic parts on it (all original except sometime in the 80's the owner had ditched the alloys in favour of black simplex mags)

it will make a nice bike. more of a survivor though, as the owner wants to use all the original parts.

he's a bit skint so i am rebuilding it for him on a budget.
although even with a second hand set of alloys, and the stickers, and new grips, chain etc i will easily get through 90 quid :(

Moza

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2006, 10:13 PM »
Im know where it goes :4_17_5:

on ebay  :LolLolLolLol:

mcam

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 06:56 AM »
> the serial is: 9830386

>it had a nora cup sticker on the seattube, which was thrashed, but there was another one on the fork steerer tube. that had been safely inside the headtube for over >20 years. i manged to peel it off (after dunking the fork in boiling water) and i will be able to reattach that one to the seattube

9830386, yes that is September 1983. That is correct, it would have had the Nora Cup decal on the seat tube, and steerer tube. Looks to be a Pro model (18.5 inch top tube). I recently picked up the same model, and I have an Expert 83 on the way to me as well.

To be coeecrt, yes, it should have the Santa Ana winged decals on there. Vert-ego sells them, though I think they are pricey.

I'm after one of thos 82-83 GT Pro bars...:)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Winged GT sticker placement?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx