gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975538 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 01:10 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Pots mod and Gyro?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Pots mod and Gyro?  (Read 647 times)

750Rush

Pots mod and Gyro?
« on: January 20, 2012, 04:40 PM »
I've just aquired a nice shiny stem with a pots bolt for my Skyway Streetbeat. Now I know the front cable goes down the hollow bolt and the set up on the front brake is reversed. My question is, what is the benefit because surely the rear cable will still get caught on the bars if they are spun? Would I also need to fit a gyro to get complete bar spinning freedom?

Thanks in advance!

delbert

Re: Pots mod and Gyro?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 05:39 PM »
Yes.

A giro or similar + potts mod = fully rotating bars :-)

Offline wildon

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 05:42 PM »
There is still a benefit... with just a rear cable running you could still turn the bars 360 if it was long enough .. you'd never do that with a front cable loose

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 05:58 PM »
Also it stops the front brake cable catching the underside of your downtube if you didn't have potts mod

deeman

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 11:48 AM »
lookout for skyway spinmasters Jason.skyways version of a gyro.quite rare but they come up occasionally.failing that odyssey giros easily available on ebay and on here.dont bother with an ACS ROTOR,you will regret it!if you watch old flatland footage like bmx beat you will see the riders constantly flicking their bars back round after they have pulled a trick to detangle the rear cable back in the pre-giro days!i can remember fitting my first spinner bitd,it was a revelation!multiple framewhips etc! :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Pots mod and Gyro?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx