gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 26, 2024, 03:17 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  pitted chrome
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: pitted chrome  (Read 1007 times)

gerry1

pitted chrome
« on: November 19, 2011, 07:44 PM »
ive got a pitted wheel which ive started to clean it today with coke / foil /wirewool and autsol what is the best finish i should expect  :(

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
Re: pitted chrome
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 09:37 AM »
It depends on how damaged the original chrome is . If the rust has penetrated the chrome and made it bubble there will b no chrome underneath when u clean off the rust. Its swings and roundabouts with restoration . Its ur bike judge 4 urself really if ur happy with it . I have saved loads of frames etc. If the wheel is ally stands a chance as I say its bubbled the chrome  ::)

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

gerry1

Re: pitted chrome
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 06:31 PM »
thanks for the link mate its been great advice its amazing what you can do with lots of hard work ,my rim is quite pitted ive tried today to get most of the rust of now my fingers are aching  :)but i gave a small area a good polish and can see some good results .
cheers ger

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  pitted chrome

gfxgfx
gfx gfx