gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975537 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 02:36 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Top Chroming
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Top Chroming  (Read 6464 times)

deeman

Re: Top Chroming
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2011, 09:09 PM »

That all sounds great lads  , Hockley do a top job but when i rang 2 weeks ago they said they were looking at 9 weeks turn around but will prob be longer  :shocked:

sorry but IMO i'd rather pay more and get a top job in a better time scale  

thanks for the info guys  :daumenhoch:

Darren,I know its not close for you but the work will probably exceed your expectations as it did mine.Jamie Lambert is the guy you want to talk to,he's same kinda age and knows the deal.01923 229444 www.fhlambert.com you'll see what i mean.These guys are on another level! :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 03:51 PM by deeman »

deeman

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2011, 12:23 PM »
not the best pics but to give an idea...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 12:39 PM by deeman »

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2011, 12:50 PM »

Cheers for the pics  :daumenhoch:  i don't mind where i send the bits etc as long as the quality finish is there  :daumenhoch:
Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2011, 03:41 PM »

Cheers for the pics  :daumenhoch:  i don't mind where i send the bits etc as long as the quality finish is there  :daumenhoch:
I agree totally with you here Darren, the important thing is the finish. I saw the job done on Craig's Hotheart and that was good enough for me. Hockley are slow enough to reply to messages if at all, that's why I don't use them.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

brakedancer

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2011, 04:31 PM »
looks nice deeman ..standard... ;)

craigcurbow

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2011, 03:57 PM »
Don't forget to haggle with the guys at Chromefix init!!!  ;) They charged me £110 for the frame

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2012, 03:07 PM »
I've sent 2 Tange bottom brackets down to these guys this week (Monday), basically as I was so happy with the cranks they did for me.  :smitten:

The way they quote their jobs though is mental  :crazy2: it was so difficult trying to explain the parts I wanted doing, and how I wanted them that the guy there started to get a bit arsey and said, just send me some pics. Knowing how they don't ever reply to their e-mails, I interjected saying, how about I just send them 1st Class then phone up tomorrow for a price. ???

This was where I slipped up, too keen to finish my build, I sent them, phoned back next day to a guy saying we haven't worked out a quote, we'll call you back. I tried calling them yesterday, same response. Just got through to them now, eventually, for him to tell me it will cost me £35 :shocked:, it's a minimum charge apparantly.

So what could I say, just send them back to me?? Instead I just said, carry on, i'll send the cash down recorded.  :idiot2:

I guess i'm just used to getting work done by Dan, Del and Steve on here at a good price without any fuss. :4_17_5:

At least i'll have 2 minty bottom brackets and my builds can still go ahead, I won't be sending anymore small parts to Chromefix.co.uk though. :(

1mancity2

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2012, 04:18 PM »
To be fair most finishing companys have a minimum charge policy, ours for coating is £50 atm, tell them to wait and send them something else as well to try and cover the minimum charge, but like you say if its a top job worth paying that bit extra.

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2012, 04:20 PM »
To be fair most finishing companys have a minimum charge policy, ours for coating is £50 atm, tell them to wait and send them something else as well to try and cover the minimum charge, but like you say if its a top job worth paying that bit extra.

Ah, that's fair enough, i'll let them go with it, as the cranks they did were amazing, I paid nothing really for the BB's tbf, about 14 for both inc postage. :daumenhoch:

1mancity2

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2012, 04:23 PM »
If they are good and you like the finish worth every penny bud  :daumenhoch:

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2012, 04:26 PM »
If they are good and you like the finish worth every penny bud  :daumenhoch:

Agreed, i'm just being a fookin' mingebag as i've paid out too much already this month on kids bikes.!! :-[ :'(

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Top Chroming

gfxgfx
gfx gfx