gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975534 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 25, 2024, 02:27 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Skyway T/A
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Skyway T/A  (Read 8868 times)

hooga1975

Re: Skyway T/A
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2012, 12:00 PM »
Looks awesome so far :daumenhoch:

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2012, 12:27 PM »
Superb :smitten: :smitten: just a shame you are using twin pinchers on her but sometimes needs must and the cost of old parts I can see the reasoning :daumenhoch: 

rad_pitt

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2012, 01:48 PM »
Looks great Jim - the little'un has taste  :4_17_5:

patto82

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2012, 08:14 PM »
Superb :smitten: :smitten: just a shame you are using twin pinchers on her but sometimes needs must and the cost of old parts I can see the reasoning :daumenhoch:  
The twin pinchers will be replaced over time with 401's or early profle...But for now he just wants it finnished,, so yeah they'll wil do for now..will put up the finnished pics soon....Cheers Jim
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 08:28 PM by patto82 »

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2012, 08:43 PM »
Looking Good  :coolsmiley:

Love a white T/A  :smitten:

patto82

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2012, 09:24 AM »
Ok lads,The T/A is finnished my young blokes first build with a little help from dad.He's pretty happy  and loves it,just got get it out and take for a spin.
Cheers Jim

Thumbs up for taking interest in this build guys.. :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 09:26 AM by patto82 »

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2012, 09:27 AM »
I like that a lot, very clean build. I am so glad you chose one highlight colour and stuck with it instead of trying to put all the colours on the bike.

patto82

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2012, 09:30 AM »
I like that a lot, very clean build. I am so glad you chose one highlight colour and stuck with it instead of trying to put all the colours on the bike.
Thanx mate,yes we did'nt want to over do it....Were'nt quite shore weather to go with a black seat & grips,but i think it looks pretty good.Cheers
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 09:33 AM by patto82 »

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2012, 09:43 AM »
Thanx mate,yes we did'nt want to over do it....Were'nt quite shore weather to go with a black seat & grips,but i think it looks pretty good.Cheers

Sean's dead right , getting a T/A looking balanced is tricky , but easy too overdo.  :-\
So much going on with the decals and pads ,, rather than compliment them ,it's better to keep the idea of "less is more"

One colour or , probably just  chrome or black parts  are the best

I chose a red Kashi on mine , just because Andy Patterson used one most of the time

patto82

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2012, 09:45 AM »
Forgot about parts list.OK Parts used .
:07/84 frame with tange arx forks
:Gt pro bars 81ish
:Tuffneck tiger stamped stem
:Tuffneck sprocket
:Tange 125 headset (nos b4 being installed)
:Shimano tourney brake caliper
:Shimano dx brake lever&cable
:Shimano dx seat post
:Diacompe stamped hinged seat clamp
:Kashimax mx(copy)seat
:Redline flights with techmatic bottom bracket
:Skyway tuff's 06/86 made
Re-issue tioga comp3"s
Repop skyway pad set
AME grips
Victor pedals oldschool (nos b4 installing).                                                        
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 09:52 AM by patto82 »

patto82

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2012, 09:50 AM »

Sean's dead right , getting a T/A looking balanced is tricky , but easy too overdo.  :-\
So much going on with the decals and pads ,, rather than compliment them ,it's better to keep the idea of "less is more"

One colour or , probably just  chrome or black parts  are the best

I chose a red Kashi on mine , just because Andy Patterson used one most of the time
Thanks mate,yes i was aware of trying to keep it simple. i had the red tuff neck sprocket and the red headset so we sought of like the look of that and went with the red anno.cheers jim

Deano

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2012, 11:11 AM »
Jim that looks the bizz matey, you and the boy have done a class job on this resto.

Quality shines through ALWAYS and its also great to see him riding the Hutch too :4_17_5:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Skyway T/A

gfxgfx
gfx gfx