gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975537 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 28, 2024, 10:44 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Asco Bmx Products
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Asco Bmx Products  (Read 6653 times)

Offline stfc

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Asco Bmx Products
« on: January 05, 2012, 07:26 PM »
 I have Just Purchased this from Simon (why isnt this working)... its an 83 Asco Pro Turbo , Dutch made and that is about all I know, Not a great deal came up on any search engine apart from the odd few photos on bmxmuseum ..Can anyone give me a little insight into what Asco where all about , I know they didnt make forks but made race plates and chainrings, bars etc ... This will be left 100% as it is , decals etc will stay as they are and survivor parts will be added ...

rockinlumberjack

Re: Asco Bmx Products
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 07:47 PM »
They were from Netherlands. With Batavus, they were parts of the beginning of the BMX.  Asco BMX Products manufactured  or asked other manufactures to make parts for them : frames, forks, handlebars, seatposts, seats, brakes, number plates, brake protectors, power disc, chainrings,  etc... One of the top racers bitd was Leon Walravens, he rodes Superclass in the early-mid 80'. He still rides in veteran for Redline.
You've a nice frame and parts. I've a Asco Proline, the same frame, fork, bar rode by Walravens in 1984-1986 (you can see it on BMX Museum). I know that Mike Miranda, who was a few times in Netherlands tried a Asco in 1986. There is a photo with him on this bike.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 07:49 PM by rockinlumberjack »

Offline stfc

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 04:24 PM »
Thanks for the reply ..Anyone have any Asco parts kicking about that they want Rid of ? ...

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 01:12 AM »
Thanks for the reply ..Anyone have any Asco parts kicking about that they want Rid of ? ...

You could try pm ing JT racing on here  ;)

he had quite a few ASCO bits at one time  ;)

Offline steve69

• Flip-Whip
  • aka. Steve Changa
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 10:12 AM »
There's a 43T Asco chainring in my last 'for sale' thread ;)
If there's air in the tyres... it's a rider

Offline stfc

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 02:26 PM »
Sorted For a chain ring thank You, other parts I would consider if anyone has some, I have put a few survivor bits together so should be signs of progress soon ...

RoyalTrux

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 12:44 PM »
I also encounterd lots of Asco Pro Turbo frames/survivors with Tange ARX forks on them. Looks better on the frame then that Akisu  :daumenhoch:

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2016, 11:48 PM »
Was going to start a new thread but just found this old one, so thought I'd resurrect it to keep all the ASCO stuff together! :daumenhoch:

So I received a delivery of ASCO parts from the Netherlands this week:-

There's a NOS 43T chainring, powerdisc, chainring bolts and a set of "Pro" brake calipers. Does anyone have an idea when any of these came out? I'm particularly trying to find out more about the brakes, which I haven't removed from the og packaging yet but can't see a date code stamped anywhere. Will post some better pics later. Cheers!

From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2016, 12:33 PM »
I had an Asco "Haro Freestyler" brakeguard at one point .. That's all I know about them  :-\
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2016, 01:10 PM »
Here are some more pics of the brakes:-

From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2016, 01:24 PM »
I had an Asco "Haro Freestyler" brakeguard at one point .. That's all I know about them  :-\

Anything like this one (not mine, I hasten to add):-

While looking for the above, I also found these:-

Offline senzo milano

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2016, 01:28 PM »
Do you have the bars also Mikku

I do have a set ....only used...

btw the asco frame and forks in the start of this tread is bought from me in the past...

:daumenhoch:
Big bobbles ,no troubles

Offline bodamus

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2016, 06:33 PM »
I have an Asco Proline that I will be building next year and could really do with an Asco padset if anyone has one for sale please.

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2016, 06:32 AM »
Do you have the bars also Mikku

I do have a set ....only used...

btw the asco frame and forks in the start of this tread is bought from me in the past...

:daumenhoch:

PM coming your way Patric! :daumenhoch:

Offline bodamus

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2016, 07:19 AM »
Got a used survivor silver Asco SEATCLAMP if your interested it's similar to a Hutch Donut clamp.

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2016, 10:40 AM »

Yep that's in my loft now mate  8)

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2016, 11:23 AM »
This arrived from Blighty this week, courtesy of Ian above:-

Thanks mate! :daumenhoch:

rodriguez

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2016, 01:30 PM »
I like the Asco stuff too, really like the pad set.   :coolsmiley:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Asco Bmx Products

gfxgfx
gfx gfx