gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975524 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX April 16, 2024, 06:02 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  cleaning help
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: cleaning help  (Read 1027 times)

weston

cleaning help
« on: June 11, 2006, 07:05 PM »
how do i clean some alloy wheels without having to sit scrubbing between the spokes for hours, is there some kind of spray product that i can spray on & minutes later just rinse off ????? c,mon lads serious answers....cheers :daumenhoch:

silentpartner

Re: cleaning help
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 07:15 PM »
if there is, let me know  ;)

gmac

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 07:24 PM »
how do i clean some alloy wheels without having to sit scrubbing between the spokes for hours, is there some kind of spray product that i can spray on & minutes later just rinse off ????? c,mon lads serious answers....cheers :daumenhoch:

Haven't you got a butler for that ?   ???

weston

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 07:37 PM »
thanks for the serious answers lads........c'mon, there must be something

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 07:47 PM »
try a car valeter they use a spray which removes road film from alloy wheels removes brake dust etc so should do what you want :daumenhoch:
British race frames and race clothing wanted

blindingsun

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2006, 08:00 PM »
a mountain bike company called X-Lite used to make this pink spray called Muck Off, and u used to spray it on,,,leave it for 30 seconds then rinse off,,.if you left it for more than a min it would start to melt paint.. wicked stuff,,, halfords prolly sell it in the bike section.

greentoad

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2006, 08:02 PM »
Hi Weston

I use Autoglym alloy wheel cleaner, spray it on and leave it for about (10 minutes) they say only 5 mins though, then blast it off. I then have a very hot bucket of water and car wash / wax and use an alloy wheel cleaner brush (get the loop version - a must).

I did some Araya's today that where filthy (took about 30 minutes). By using the brush you can get in between the sprocket and hub, inside the wheel and onto the hub and also the axles very easily. It is then just a case of going between each spoke and then a good blast off and leave them in the sun to try.

Halfords have all that you require - cleaner appox £6, wash / wax about £3 and brush about £4. I have done loads of wheels and frames recently and the tools are still working great.

Hope this helps.

J.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  cleaning help

gfxgfx
gfx gfx