gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975605 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 13, 2024, 12:46 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Welcome!  |  Welcome  |  Help to Identify MuddyFox BMX
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Help to Identify MuddyFox BMX  (Read 3192 times)

PompeyStevieSoul

Help to Identify MuddyFox BMX
« on: February 08, 2012, 08:16 PM »
Hi

I am trying to find out some more info on a Muddyfox BMX I have acquired. As I cannot seem to post any pictures here I can tell you it is red and yellow (pedals and brake lever) with the Muddy Fox paw log on it. It has Dirt Pro on the frame and also states it is "Wishbone Stays x-clusive" also on the frame. It has cantilever brakes and is in a fair condition and at least 15yrs old ? Relly looking to determine if it is rare / its worth etc. I cannot find the pic of it on google or any info either with the serial number not bringing back any results. With all that in mind thought I'd ask the experts so please any info you can give me would be appreciated.

many thanks
Steve

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:

spesh

Re: Help to Identify MuddyFox BMX
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 08:45 PM »
hi steve welcome to the site :daumenhoch:
the muddyfox is i would think a "toys r us" type bike in that its mass produced in taiwan for the supermarket chains
muddy fox were a great bike company back in the 80s (i have a mint 1987 muddy fox courier made in japan by araya featured in this months mbr magazine ahem) but then moved all there production to tiawan as its cheaper to make bikes
could be worth something to someone or restore it yourself as a practice restoration for something better
get some pics up as id like to see it :daumenhoch:

Offline Munnyella

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 08:48 PM »
Muddyfox made some great mountain bikes, but the bmx side of things was only to how a presence in the market, just up from supermarket offerings, sold in an era when bmx was pretty much `underground' might be a nicely made bike, but unless you had one as a kid, probably not very desirable in the general market.

GT's and Haro's from the same era would command more money, but still very little compared to old school.

Welcome to RAD anyway.

MM
Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

keviboy

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 08:04 PM »
I HAVE GOT ONE OF THESE MUDDY FOXE'S POST BOX RED ARAYA WHEELS SEALED BEARINGS ALROUND  I WAS GIVEN IT A FEW YEARS AGO BY WOODY (DARREN WOODS) IT HAS BEEN USED IN A FEW COMMERCIALS FOR TV ITS NOT AS MENTIONED PREVIOUSLY A HARO OR HUTCH ,SE BUT IT IS A GOOD BIKE ........JUST RIDE IT ENJOY IT AND IF YOU WANT TO SPEND MONEY ON IT DO IT,ITS A NICE RIDER.

griff

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 12:47 AM »
welcome steve - if you want to put pics up just use photobucket

looks like keviboy's caps lock key is on the blink again  ::)

keviboy

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 09:02 AM »
HAHAHAHA!  cheers Griff!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Welcome!  |  Welcome  |  Help to Identify MuddyFox BMX

gfxgfx
gfx gfx