gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 26, 2024, 01:17 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  I'll have a little rant, since you asked.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I'll have a little rant, since you asked.  (Read 11267 times)

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
I'll have a little rant, since you asked.
« on: March 14, 2012, 05:13 PM »
I've travelled to Blackpool, Stockport, Chester, Liverpool, Bristol, Corby, Leicester, Melton Mowbray & Burnley to ride skateparks. I live in Essex.

And their just the ones I can remember right now.

Not to mention the 80 mile round trip I make fairly regularly to ride what I consider to be my local spot.

Is it just too easy for you fellas that live right on top of these parks just to go there an not bother with owt else?

You're never going to fill a place like Corby when no one wants to put themselves out to travel, get home late, go to work tired and or hurt or whatever. I know I've done all that, on many occasions.

This is not an easy sport, it's not supposed to be. And that goes for all aspects of it, not just the riding part.

So what if it's 200 miles away? It's once in a blue moon. Partner up with a few mates, share a vehicle, share the costs and share the drive.

And don't give me all that bollocks about commitments, we've all got them.

Rant over.

Offline Discostu

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
Re: I'll have a little rant, since you asked.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 05:19 PM »
well said that man!  :daumenhoch: :4_17_5:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 05:20 PM »
i will second and third that rob,you gotta make the effort to ride,drove to bridport to robs to just ride for 1 hour then head home haha

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 05:23 PM »
 :daumenhoch:
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

griff

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 05:36 PM »
ermm - i did have a little grumble about going 200 miles to doncaster, but then again every trip for me is a solo mission (the only mates I have who are into BMX are the people on here) and I don't live on top of any parks - they're all fookin miles away  ::)
as for the once in a blue moon.. it's pretty much every 2-3 weeks and even with a diesel car that's pricey whether I go there n back or stay in cheap digs
maybe I'm not as committed as you are but that doesn't mean I'm not bothered - I also need to stay married etc

btw am trying to get in touch with the place in hemel to see if they will entertain having us round for a 'southern' session

hugs

griff

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 05:40 PM »
Griff buddy - I wasn't being specific, I plucked 200 miles out of fresh air mate.

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 05:44 PM »
I fookin love a good rant me......

Now when is this Donny park gonna get finished so I don't have to risk crashing into Griff again as he's not got a day-nav for north of the Midlands ;-)

(love ya really John!)
Still limping......

Offline Discostu

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 05:45 PM »
as harry hill would say ''FIGHT!!!''  :LolLolLolLol: :2funny: :2funny:

griff

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 05:52 PM »
Griff buddy - I wasn't being specific, I plucked 200 miles out of fresh air mate.

fair enough - was just that I happened to say I lived 200 miles from doncaster...  :angel:

spen - he was probably on about you then you moaning get, so stop pretending you're some kind of northerner and get your name down for corby  ;D

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 05:58 PM »
John I want to come but need a definite date and am just knackered the next day as my 3yr old is a 6am alarm clock every day bud. If it gets off the ground I won't want to miss out but can't promise mate.
Still limping......

griff

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2012, 06:16 PM »
John I want to come but need a definite date and am just knackered the next day as my 3yr old is a 6am alarm clock every day bud. If it gets off the ground I won't want to miss out but can't promise mate.

that's better  ;D
just give her extra calpol or something so she'll have a nice lie-in*  :daumenhoch:

*again not serious advice in case anyone thinks I really condone the drugging of children for the sake of peace and quiet**

** actually thinking about it it's not such a bad idea - you should have been at Ikea last tuesday, they were running around screaming like little fookin banshees

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2012, 06:19 PM »
theres a late night lock in at least once if not twice a month at Ramp City Blackpool  loads of northerners there BUT besides a few from sheffield and the Notts crew (Ed Lennie and the gang ) o and Munnyella (to buy a roof rack) i dont see any southerners making the trip up north  :-\  maybe  its a north south devide  :LolLolLolLol:  and just for the record ive made the trip  to T1 and Corby . so lads March 30 th £10 and ride from 9-12 whos in ?

Offline Munnyella

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2012, 06:27 PM »
i dont see any southerners making the trip up north

its too far......Ooof!

I will be coming to Blackpool once the weather picks up, so I can camp out and not have to drive home through the night, I'd fall asleep, which isn't safe, as opposed to throwing my 41 year old 14 stone body at wooded ramps, which is safe!!

And I need another roof rack!!

MM
Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

griff

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2012, 06:30 PM »
I fancy a crack at blackpool but so far every date since I joined has clashed with something  :(
March 30th unfortunately clashes with me being in Cornwall, also same weekend as the London ride which might explain why others can't make it (easier to get a BMX day pass from the mrs vs the whole weekend)

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2012, 07:48 PM »

I've booked these so  how's these for some dates so why not make the effort guys , theres always a good turn out dates are as follows for Ramp city Blackpool 
  ( North of the Watford gap )  ;D   :)

MARCH 30th
 APRIL  20th
 MAY 18th
 june 15th

Just for the record i've made the trip down to T1 on a number of lock ins and the Board room and it's normally about 2.30 to 3.00 am when i get home added to the fact  my little lads get up at around 5.30am without fail , this for me makes the following day very hard indeed which is not fair on my family     , i'm sure other guys on here have other things going on in there lifes just like i have besides BMX  ,  i'm not ranting just putting my point across   , i'd rather spend quality time with my 2 little lads than stay in bed till dinner time , at the end of the day  they are only young once and i for one am not going to miss it ,  :smitten: :smitten: 

Having said that you single guys out there pull your finger out and you lot that are married with no kids pack her off shopping and get your arse to a ramp venue  :LolLolLolLol:

:daumenhoch:     Happy Kappy
Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2012, 04:33 PM »

i'd rather spend quality time with my 2 little lads than stay in bed till dinner time ,

Then get the fcuk out of bed. Simples.

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2012, 08:32 AM »
Rob

I agree with the sentiment but don't get the pop at 'fellas that live right on top of these parks'...  :(

Me, Munny & Rich are the only Leicester peeps who live within a few miles of several parks... but we are all up for traveling, and have traveled even though we can get to Corby, Leicester, Melton, Grantham & Skegness in under an hour.

So wassup?

There seemed to be quite a few events organised in the past - I joined in 09 wanting to build a bike to ride so started organising nights at the Boardroom... then Paulie did some Creation ones, Betty sorted out the Blackpool ones which Kappy is now sorting. I did one Corby one which got about 88 people to and was a top night. Now Melton is built and we've had a few there... but I cancelled the last TRM1 night as we need 30 to make it happen and only got about 15... Corby would need even more to make it viable. The Boardroom is a good bet as its owner ( Dave ) is very flexible and is happy for a few people to come and ride... we can have 7 people paying a tenner or 15 paying a fiver... not really room in there for more than 20 though... but its rare to get more than that anyway.

So lets see some more things organised down south then ... Nottz & Lesta will be there  :4_17_5:

And lastly max respect to all those who drive hours to ride their bikes - I always try my best to make your trips are worthwhile and that you have a good night  :daumenhoch: usually with pie of cuddles.

Ed  :-*
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 08:50 AM by ED209º »
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2012, 08:46 AM »
theres a late night lock in at least once if not twice a month at Ramp City Blackpool  loads of northerners there BUT besides a few from sheffield and the Notts crew (Ed Lennie and the gang ) o and Munnyella (to buy a roof rack) i dont see any southerners making the trip up north  :-\  maybe  its a north south devide  :LolLolLolLol:  and just for the record ive made the trip  to T1 and Corby . so lads March 30 th £10 and ride from 9-12 whos in ?

Lenny - I'd be there if we weren't away that weekend ... see ya at the next ... I love that park but I wish I knew where a good chippy was  :'( fookin KFC
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2012, 08:47 AM »

:-* :-*

Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2012, 02:41 PM »
Rob

I agree with the sentiment but don't get the pop at 'fellas that live right on top of these parks'...  :(

Me, Munny & Rich are the only Leicester peeps who live within a few miles of several parks... but we are all up for traveling, and have traveled even though we can get to Corby, Leicester, Melton, Grantham & Skegness in under an hour.

So wassup?

There seemed to be quite a few events organised in the past - I joined in 09 wanting to build a bike to ride so started organising nights at the Boardroom... then Paulie did some Creation ones, Betty sorted out the Blackpool ones which Kappy is now sorting. I did one Corby one which got about 88 people to and was a top night. Now Melton is built and we've had a few there... but I cancelled the last TRM1 night as we need 30 to make it happen and only got about 15... Corby would need even more to make it viable. The Boardroom is a good bet as its owner ( Dave ) is very flexible and is happy for a few people to come and ride... we can have 7 people paying a tenner or 15 paying a fiver... not really room in there for more than 20 though... but its rare to get more than that anyway.

So lets see some more things organised down south then ... Nottz & Lesta will be there  :4_17_5:

And lastly max respect to all those who drive hours to ride their bikes - I always try my best to make your trips are worthwhile and that you have a good night  :daumenhoch: usually with pie of cuddles.

Ed  :-*

It wasn't a 'pop' Ed, it was a question.

Although I will concede that the phrase 'right on top' is open to interpretation. I live right on top of Rom, doesn't mean I just ride there and there alone. I've ridden Skaterham way more in the past 12 months or so and as I've said, that's an 80 mile round trip.

So, wassup with you?

The reason for my rant was to express an opinion regarding the proposed Corby session.

"You're never going to fill a place like Corby when no one wants to put themselves out to travel, get home late, go to work tired and or hurt or whatever. I know I've done all that, on many occasions."

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2012, 02:43 PM »
Diggler, if you're referring to me, that's just about bang on!  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2012, 02:50 PM »
Corby rocks. if i still rode i would be up for it for sure.

May even come down with my camera and some cheering from the side lines.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2012, 02:58 PM »
You missed a belter the other Friday Jim. A good proportion of the British vert scene past & present were there. Good day.

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2012, 02:58 PM »
Diggler, if you're referring to me, that's just about bang on!  :LolLolLolLol:

No more than the rest of us Rob :LolLolLolLol:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2012, 03:03 PM »
You missed a belter the other Friday Jim. A good proportion of the British vert scene past & present were there. Good day.

Always found it better when going up there midweek when all the kids are at school. cheaper and empty. Remember the time Wallace and Webby were in there rocking the place. Even got some tips on Alley oops from Webby  :4_17_5:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  I'll have a little rant, since you asked.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx