gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 27, 2024, 09:04 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  RL-20 Prostyler (now finnished)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: RL-20 Prostyler (now finnished)  (Read 4796 times)

kenloen

RL-20 Prostyler (now finnished)
« on: March 15, 2012, 12:32 PM »
Chaps,

This is me 2nd build, I completed a PK Ripper last year.

This time thought I'd go my all time favorite, a Prostyler. I guess I would have been around 14 when these were current - there was some Canadian kid lived in the next town and he had 1, man I thought it the coolest thing on earth .. I had no chance.. till now..

anyway, its not finnished yet, I will add updates as I go along. Please ignore the length of the grass..

F+F are fresh back from SuperBikeDan for a re-colour.. it was a 85 in Radberry, but the condition was bad.. SBD has done an amazing bit of work.. very impressed!!

Most other bits are off the sales forum!

comments and advice most welcome!!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 05:43 PM by kenloen »

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Re: RL-20 Prostyler
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 01:35 PM »
Looking good and some very nice parts but please pull those bars back ;).  Great bars too btw, can't beat a pair of early gen CW Freestyle bars  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

snav69

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 01:59 PM »
Cooool  8)

What year is it  ???

And are they Pro-line Race forks  ??? as opposed to Pro-Styler forks   :-\ angle looks wrong but may just be the angle of the pic  :-\

:coolsmiley:

kenloen

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 04:20 PM »
its a 85', and yeah you might be right about the forks... I was a little suss but not fully sure.

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 06:44 PM »
Looks sweet mate, have to agree about the bars though. ::) :daumenhoch:

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 10:24 PM »

Looks sweet , got to love  white looks so crisp  :smitten: :daumenhoch:
Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

Offline oldschoolib

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 10:34 PM »
looks very well i always wondered when my old frame would surface proper nice build in white clean looking

deeman

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 04:37 PM »
I started building one of these a while back,same kinda thing it was a later frame powdered white with same decals as yours.I gave up on it for a number of reasons,main one being i couldnt find right forks!!The only wrong thing about yours imo is the tyre choice,i hate seeing freestylers with race tyres!!a set of black comp st,or panaracers will look ace.If you are budget conscious pork chop on ebay does great looking repop st's.what crank choice are you going for?Damo :daumenhoch:

kenloen

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 12:27 PM »
bars adjusted, MX seat clamp now fitted. pics will come later.

not much I can do about the forks now. I never knew they were the incorrect ones.. as the bikes gonna be a rider I ain't too fussed. I will be changing the tyre's for freestyle as soon as the budget allows, these came on the skyways.....

I have a Takagi 175 OPC and BB (wanted Sugino but the prices are silly). Graphite MKS pedals and a set of black DC brakes coming to be fittted.. need cables and chainring and I think I have everything then.

deeman

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 02:59 PM »
bars adjusted, MX seat clamp now fitted. pics will come later.

not much I can do about the forks now. I never knew they were the incorrect ones.. as the bikes gonna be a rider I ain't too fussed. I will be changing the tyre's for freestyle as soon as the budget allows, these came on the skyways.....

I have a Takagi 175 OPC and BB (wanted Sugino but the prices are silly). Graphite MKS pedals and a set of black DC brakes coming to be fittted.. need cables and chainring and I think I have everything then.

nice one!those forks look right enough,especially as its a rider!takagi and sugino opc's look pretty much same anyway!!glad to hear you will be changing the tyres,it will look 10x better!heres a link to the pork chop st's,i just recieved a 16" set for a pit bike and was well impressed.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Comp-ST-20-old-school-BMX-freestyle-SKINWALL-tires-BLACK-PAIR-/200669223528?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eb8d15a68   :daumenhoch:

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2012, 05:26 PM »
That is a lovely looking build, I built one of these last year, or the year before, one of my favourite old skool bikes  :daumenhoch:

Those Pork chop prices are even dearer than I used to buy the real stuff a few years ago  :(
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 05:29 PM by wish id kept my TA »

kenloen

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 09:42 AM »
quick update.. its been some time.

I have a chain and freestyle tyres ordered, am hoping they will be here soon.. but for now - were almost there.

here is is with the PK Ripper (85 or 86 model)

soz about the crap camera work.. taken on a phone..

Offline Julian347

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 10:18 AM »
Really like it. Very nice.  :daumenhoch:

Offline oldschoolib

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2012, 12:43 PM »
 :daumenhoch:

splodge

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2012, 11:57 AM »
Very nice, I've always been undecided whether white or black tuffs go better on white prostylers. I had white for ages & loved it but now like yours i've switched to black & I think it brisngs out the decals more, loving it:

The redline feels a bigger bike to the Haro, interesting riding one after the other & trying some frame whips etc, I love Haros but I do think the Redline feels lighter & easier to chuck about.

kenloen

Re: RL-20 Prostyler (now finnished)
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2012, 05:43 PM »
Hi, glad you mentioned the black/white tuff thing. I chose black wheels and brake calipers as a contrast for that reason.. I also chose grey brake blocks as the decals have grey in there also (and I read grey doesn't mark the black rims).. love both your BMX's, a classic collection..

as it happens were all done..

I have been round the garden on it and there are a few snagging items (brakes don't bite enough and the 44T chainwheel is too much - anyone wanna swap a 42T for this 44T?)

pics as always..

snav69

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2012, 05:48 PM »
Those grips need putting the right way too  ;)

splodge

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2012, 07:58 PM »
sweet mate, very sweet, job well done  :smitten:

deeman

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2012, 03:15 AM »
Those grips need putting the right way too  ;)

Those grips need replacing totally with something less burner like!!apart from that gorgeous bike!! :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  RL-20 Prostyler (now finnished)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx