gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975538 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 06:21 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  rad lock-in in hemel hempstead indoor park, cancelled :(
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: rad lock-in in hemel hempstead indoor park, cancelled :(  (Read 15395 times)

griff

John they sent my enquiry onto the management team and they took about a week to reply saying no. but they did say they might look at doing it later once the place had bedded in.   fingers crossed  :daumenhoch:mate as we can get a regular thing going.

fingers still crossed!

you'd think it makes sense for them - surely the biggest problem for them is constantly trying to recruit new customers as kids get older and 'grow out' of it
(not much chance of that with us  ;D)

griff

had another email back from the lady there after I asked about capacity

she said the normal capacity is 136  :D
has anyone been to this place, only I can't imagine it's that big if corby is 'only' 80 or so

imagine going on a regular session with 135 scooter kids buzzing around you!

still waiting for costs/management decision

griff

me maybe one more

:daumenhoch:

still got a way to go to reach 136 though  ;D

griff

I was just quoting from the email  ;D

maybe that's the capacity for 7 year olds on scooters
some of them are pretty small

what's the place like Glen? ok for various skill levels?
couldn't get the gallery section to work properly on here

griff

;D nice editing there Glen  :daumenhoch:

think 136 is a tad optimistic if the 3ft ramp is to scale
still wouldn't mind a go though

LENNY-LENTINI

Good work Griffster.

I'm defo in.

Always support the Brothers who make the effort.

Keep the Faith. L

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Any news John?

pkripster

me too

griff

Any news John?

still no word yet, have sent another mail tonight asking for an update on their decision.. will have course let everyone know either way
noticed that there was a nice edit of the rad shop riders in the place, do you think there's any mileage in asking them to put a word in?

griff

well.....

had an email tonight saying this

"we are still running it past senior management but we could possibly look at 10pm- midnight at a cost of £10 per head minimum booking 50 with strictly no alcohol allowed on the premises - how does that sound to you ?"

I've already replied that this is a bit expensive vs other nights and that given we would probably have fewer riders maybe they could reduce the price a little
Also mentioned that normally we have 3 hours (but given that they are normally open till 10pm 9-midnight is not going to be feasible for them)

Have suggested that she makes it £450 and if there is room in the park that potentially people could arrive a bit earlier
How does that sound to you guys? If they agree to take a bit less would mean that if we get 30 riders would cost £15 each.....

let me know what you think

cheers

griff

griff

here's a little edit of the place from a recent visit by some riders from the rad shop, just to whet your appetites..

http://vimeo.com/radbmx/radxc

couldn't work out how to embed the video, hopefully link will work

griff

30 would be ok, 50 would be stupid!

but it has a capacity of 136?  ;D
if I can get the price down a bit 30 will be the max I reckon - but need to find out if peeps are ok with paying (in any case I doubt we'll get 50 anyhow)
not an issue for me as I'll be saving on fuel/digs as it's a bit closer, would also prefer to go when there's no kids about

Woz

Griff, seems to me that to get even 30 riders at £15 for 2 hours maybe touching on the side of optimistic, especially as only 21 people have responded to this link and we usually ride for 3 hours for £10-£15.
Wish this wasn't the case but especially with the current ecom climate I think your going to be struggling.

Maybe we should consider riding on a normal night for a trail first just to check out the park for us more local riders, I know it won't be the same with all the kids and scooters etc but if we can get a few of us it still might be a crack. What do you reckon?

griff

Griff, seems to me that to get even 30 riders at £15 for 2 hours maybe touching on the side of optimistic, especially as only 21 people have responded to this link and we usually ride for 3 hours for £10-£15.
Wish this wasn't the case but especially with the current ecom climate I think your going to be struggling.

Maybe we should consider riding on a normal night for a trail first just to check out the park for us more local riders, I know it won't be the same with all the kids and scooters etc but if we can get a few of us it still might be a crack. What do you reckon?

know what you mean woz, but for local boys it's still cheaper than having to drive for 4 hours to the boardroom & back
if we could get a few together it might be ok though, maybe if I book a day off could go in the week when the fleas are at school

will check ebay and see if they have any cartoon pants for us to wear so we can 'blend in'

griff

NEWSFLASH

The lady at XC has emailed me to say this has been approved  :2gunsfiring_v1:

conditions - must be paid for a month in advance, £450 for up to 50 riders (I wouldn't have that many in, say 30 max which would be 15 each

quote from her email..
"event must be paid for 1 month in advance
no smoking allowed/alcohol on the premises
only food purchased from us may be consumed (we can arrange a burger&chips type meal @ an additional £7 per head which would need to be ordered in advance)
due to the times and security of the premises there will be limited  leaving/re-admittance -  we can try and sort out for cigarette breaks for you if required.
All I need to proceed will be a selection of dates that you are hoping for"

so.. do we want to do this then? I propose one of the Saturdays in June so please let me know your preferred dates out of the ones below and I'll see if it's feasible to make a booking. I've asked her what the score is for riders who want to come early and whether spectators are allowed, will let you know when I get a reply

Please add your name to any of the dates below that you can make  :daumenhoch:

9th June
Griff,

16th June
Griff,

23rd June
Griff,

30th June
Griff,

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
I can only do the 9th June as off on holiday after that and even riding on the 9th is bit of a risk >:D

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
Good work Griffster.

I'm defo in.

Always support the Brothers who make the effort.

Keep the Faith. L

I'm sure the RAD shop boys will join in this Griff

I will pm PeterQuad  :)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 04:23 PM by ED209º »
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

punkdSICO

Hey Griff - nice one!!

What are the times on this?  I recal you saying it was going to be late..

Defo cant make June 9th as father-in-law is getting married that day (yikes!).

thanks,

Paul

griff

well we're off to a flying start LOL

thought June might be good as it's before kids' holidays etc

timing is 10-till midnight - will let peeps know what the score is about maybe turning up a bit early and post up

not going to be logging on much this week, to make it easier can you put your names next to the date(s) you can make and post below?

9th June
Griff,Gary72,etc

16th June
Griff,

23rd June
Griff,

30th June
Griff,

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
 :4_17_5:  yes! Fook me......a meet that's only 15 minutes away!  :shocked:

pkripster

well we're off to a flying start LOL

thought June might be good as it's before kids' holidays etc

timing is 10-till midnight - will let peeps know what the score is about maybe turning up a bit early and post up

not going to be logging on much this week, to make it easier can you put your names next to the date(s) you can make and post below?

9th June
Griff,Gary72,etc

16th June
Griff,pkripster

23rd June
Griff,

30th June
Griff,

SaMAlex

if I can make the date I'm Defo in.
Prob with a car full again  :daumenhoch:

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Yep

whatquid

bang up for some of this......... + 4

SaMAlex

Well worth pointing out, if the weather is very wet the park gets soaked. It's got one open wall. Make sure you get a "bad weather" clause in so if its wet we don't have to still pay

Yes, yes, I know its a brand new build and its so so stupid that its not water proof but that's a whole 'nother conversation that's been going all winter!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 05:52 PM by S&MAlex »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  rad lock-in in hemel hempstead indoor park, cancelled :(

gfxgfx
gfx gfx