gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975537 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 05:37 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Another Skywaym4N Thread pulled???
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Another Skywaym4N Thread pulled???  (Read 4371 times)

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Another Skywaym4N Thread pulled???
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2012, 06:49 PM »
Not to worry he's gone now !

You was itching to use your special button wasnt you?  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2012, 06:54 PM »
To be fair, we all played along with his game, him and his bum chums like nothing better than people biting and the mild hysteria that ensued, they get off on it and deffinately have form for this type of behaviour....

Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2012, 07:08 PM »
It's not only me that has power to the ban button  :coolsmiley:

However 'The Power of The People' forced the finger  :police:

Offline sparky

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2012, 07:26 PM »
Herein lies the problem.  There's not much moral integrity and a lot of hypocrisy on here at times from some people.  I've seen people slag off others to no end......until they list something they want to buy, when it returns to 'mate' status.

Desperation is a sad thing to behold

Gotta say I've felt like radman all week (no not Lee and I don't want to feel him  :crazy2: ) but so many people have PM'd me and said 'get ready for the 'hi mate' and 'I live you comments'. :LolLolLolLol:

Seriously though, although I've made profit on what I've been luckily enough to get hold of, my main priority was to sell fairly, honestly and at a price that people are comfortable with and to members here and on my own forum. I think if you want more money and maximum gain then Ebay is the way.

I can't remember in such a small space of time when I've read so much abuse on here in Sales threads, which is a shame really and I'm sure much of it comes from the demand for high prices and the rarity of original parts.

Let's hope it settles down quickly and doesn't spill over or hang around by the time MK arrives. :daumenhoch:

you were fine with me Mark, that first deal we did years ago was cracking and very fairly priced...

I think most of us try to be Marty. :daumenhoch:

At the end of the day, I don't give a toss what people say about me behind my back as long as their courteous in PM conversation and to my face. People are often a different kettle of fish when you're one on one with them in the real world and although some of the comments in skywaym4n's sales had me falling off my seat, some I felt were bang out of order. I thought most of us here were meant to be mature and pretty responsible but the heat of the situation seemed to raise the temperatures on keyboards.  ;)

That said, it's been an entertaining few days on EastRadSters.  :daumenhoch:
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • funny you should say that..
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2012, 07:30 PM »
Herein lies the problem.  There's not much moral integrity and a lot of hypocrisy on here at times from some people.  I've seen people slag off others to no end......until they list something they want to buy, when it returns to 'mate' status.

Gotta say I've felt like radman all week (no not Lee and I don't want to feel him  :crazy2: ) but so many people have PM'd me and said 'get ready for the 'hi mate' and 'I live you comments'. :LolLolLolLol:

Seriously though, although I've made profit on what I've been luckily enough to get hold of, my main priority was to sell fairly, honestly and at a price that people are comfortable with and to members here and on my own forum. I think if you want more money and maximum gain then Ebay is the way.

I can't remember in such a small space of time when I've read so much abuse on here in Sales threads, which is a shame really and I'm sure much of it comes from the demand for high prices and the rarity of original parts.

Let's hope it settles down quickly and doesn't spill over or hang around by the time MK arrives. :daumenhoch:

I really love you though :-*
Griff loves BUM..

Offline sparky

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2012, 07:33 PM »

I really love you though :-*

I've already replied to all your PM's and said I'm married.  :LolLolLolLol:
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2012, 08:08 PM »
You shoot straight.

That's all a man can ask.

ozone

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2012, 09:10 PM »
You could have waited until I bought the uber-rare 2001 Tuffs off of him.   >:(

Heavy handed modding has cost me dearly.   :'(

pkripster

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2012, 09:14 PM »
there cack mate what u talking bout :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2012, 09:15 PM »
How inconsiderate of everyone
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline Discostu

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2012, 09:27 PM »
If he has gone. How come it still shows up that he is online?

I say good riddance. I hope he is man enough to turn up to the London ride.   :knuppel2:

ozone

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2012, 09:44 PM »
there cack mate what u talking bout :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Joking, obviously.  I don't think the rear flange is a Rad Kap BTW.  It looks like a steel flange from a Skyway (Suntour) coaster hub, hence the rust.  The front interests me more as there are no close ups of it - I'm pretty sure that is also a placcy hubbed rear Tuff which has had the gubbins chopped out of it so the flanges are attached to fresh air.   :shocked:

Death traps IMO.   :police:

griff

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2012, 09:54 PM »
If he has gone. How come it still shows up that he is online?

I say good riddance. I hope he is man enough to turn up to the London ride.   :knuppel2:

calm down stu - no need to get medieval on his ass (now that would be a site to behold)

trying (very hard) to see things from skywaymaaan's point of view, I think that maybe he just didn't really know that much about what he was selling and hence some of the prices were way off e.g. asking what a bubblefont was  :D
but where he fooked up though was being arsey with his potential client base on here - makes me wonder why the guy who owned the stuff didn't just ebay it or get someone more savvy to do it for him...

look at dannyd's finds for example - he finds some stuff cheap, keeps some stuff for himself and even went as far as to say how much he paid  :shocked:
don't see anyone on here taking the piss on his sale threads as he comes across genuine (he even despatched a GT post to me before I'd had time to pay for it!)

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2012, 10:06 PM »
lol this has been interesting viewing.  :LolLolLolLol:

He has items for sale, he puts them up for what he wants for them and you decide to buy them or not. Simple as that.

Ok its fair enough to try and let him know market values but who determines those. this hobby is getting ridiculous in terms of costing as people are coming into it now thinking they have tapped into a goldmine. Unfortunately newbies will think these are the going prices and pay them, which in turn will push the other values up. Hopefully it will make us realise how stupid some prices are getting and bring them back down to their real values. Also, people are finding less disposable income to spend on lifes luxuries which will also help to lower prices (we can only hope).

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2012, 10:21 PM »
There is is supply and demand, and then there is out and out greed.

Clean

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2012, 10:23 PM »

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2012, 10:25 PM »
Nothing to see here bud ( I hope)  ;D

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2012, 10:33 PM »
from my point of view, my prices hav'nt changed in 7 + years but i've noticed new customers

sending me frames to paint that are a pile of shite and thinking there going to make a killing ,

my latest one,chrome frame turns up rusty as fook so has to be dechromed at £40 then my charge

£50 so he's now £90 out of pocket and the frame is worth no more than £50 tops  ;D

just greed and good luck when he tries to sell it :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 11:12 PM by SuperBikeDan »
For powder coating drop me a pm

Offline Discostu

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2012, 10:44 PM »
Although a large part of the threads over the last couple of days have been some of the most funniest I've ever read on here. I do think it has high lighted the high price problem and people that are only in it to inflate prices and make a quick buck. On a good point the moderators are getting to see members feelings on the issue. This can surely only be good for the genuine users. The rip off merchants will soon learn that they are wasting their time trying to sell on here.  :daumenhoch:

And I think the actions by the moderators were backed by the users.  :police: :4_17_5:

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2012, 10:45 PM »
thank you  :daumenhoch:

Offline stevesredvxr

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2012, 11:10 PM »
Here, here.  :daumenhoch:

Sold my stem on here last month only to have some greedy fecker stick it on the bay the very day it landed at his house. It sold for 40 quid more than he paid.
Had bartered me down too on a pm.  :knuppel2:

Glad to see this kind of thing will no longer be tolerated on the site.

Well done mods.

Steve

Offline Discostu

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2012, 11:25 PM »
I think it would be a good opertunity to add this to the selling rules. Not sure how it will work. But I'm sure we could all debate over a thread on it. And throw some ideas into the pot for the mods to dwell over. Remember several ideas are better than one.  

Im thinking that if we join the site as a site supporter so we can buy and sell. We should complete a registration where we have to fill in lots of details. So the mods can pass on information if required on a sour deal. Like eBay does. The thing is if your a genuine member of this site you will have no problem showing this info. Where as the scammers will be less interested. What info you ask for is another debate.  :daumenhoch:

Offline neil

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2012, 11:27 PM »
have to say its good to see :daumenhoch: i live by the idea of treat people how you would like to be treated by them,i always try to sell at the price i paid for it...if i can remember :LolLolLolLol:

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2012, 11:33 PM »
I dont think you need to change anything, the majority of sales on here go as they should, when something dodgy happens it's pretty clear to everyone, prices are what they are if dont agree dont buy

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2012, 11:42 PM »
I live by the idea of treat people how you would like to be treated by them and I always try to sell at the price i paid for it...if i can remember
My sentiments entirely although some disagree for whatever reason  :-\ I receive email confirmations of all my paypal transactions which are then stored on my PC. Excellent reference for selling items that I don't have use for :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 11:46 PM by Londonhellboy »
BANNED

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Another Skywaym4N Thread pulled???

gfxgfx
gfx gfx