gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975502 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX March 29, 2024, 03:30 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  London Charity Ride?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: London Charity Ride?  (Read 3979 times)

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
London Charity Ride?
« on: March 26, 2012, 04:33 PM »
Hello all, is there one being organised this year, if not, I think we should do one in the summer and raise as much as possible, ideally for a kiddies charity. Your thoughts?

Matt  :daumenhoch:

Offline MaD-RoK

• Flip-Whip
  • I think my eyeball is allergic to sperm.
    • +100km BMX Marathon. Donate here....
  • Rated:
Re: London Charity Ride?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 04:38 PM »
I think we are doing one. It starts in London and finishes in Brighton and it is for the kids charity CLIC Sargent. I think it is in the Summer, but at night. I also think you should sponsor us lots of money, or join us. Theres my thoughts.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline MaD-RoK

• Flip-Whip
  • I think my eyeball is allergic to sperm.
    • +100km BMX Marathon. Donate here....
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 04:43 PM »

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 05:02 PM »
Don't hijack my thread LOL. No really we need to do one in London, thoughts please?  :daumenhoch:

griff

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 05:11 PM »
what madrok said

happy to join for the pissup cruises in london, but there's no way I could get anyone to sponsor me a penny to faff about doing a little ride in London after doing L2B last year. Thinking very hard about booking a fortnight off next year and trying land's end to john o'groats but even 2 weeks might not be long enough on a BMX

Get your name down Matt, I'll sponsor you  :daumenhoch:

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 05:21 PM »
Griff

im up for the Lands End J'oG ride, not on a BMX though! lol

Want to sort one this year but dont have anyone who wants to do it with me  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 05:24 PM »
I don't think that many would be up for any major long distance ride on a BMX and previous years we raised good money, it was possible then, its possible now regardless whether you think its a faff about ride. If the opportunity is there to raise some money for good causes which we've done in the past we should think about it again, Rob (pickle) was always very good at organising this.

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 05:31 PM »
I don't think that many would be up for any major long distance ride on a BMX and previous years we raised good money, it was possible then, its possible now regardless whether you think its a faff about ride. If the opportunity is there to raise some money for good causes which we've done in the past we should think about it again, Rob (pickle) was always very good at organising this.

x2  :daumenhoch: would love to do another 'round London' Charity ride that I could bring my kids to as well  :daumenhoch:

Are there any Skyride dates announced yet? having it on the same day as that was cool when we did the GOSH one a couple of years back  :)
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 05:39 PM »

x2  :daumenhoch: would love to do another 'round London' Charity ride that I could bring my kids to as well  :daumenhoch:

Are there any Skyride dates announced yet? having it on the same day as that was cool when we did the GOSH one a couple of years back  :)

I agree Ed, tieing it into Skyride would be good and safer for the kids too. I know I could raise around £100 even today and that would be through close friends/family, if I wacked the announcement on FB then I may be able to get somewhere like I did in the past which I think was £260, so it is possible, if its for the right cause people will sponsor. I have a feeling that the £260 was for a cancer charity ride we did? Anyway if we can organise something and get the kids out riding with us too and raise some money then that would be cool  :)

Offline AKGOFF

• 900 Air
  • 85 Hutch 'Woody' Trickstar
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2012, 07:00 PM »
I'd be up for this Matt depending on dates, it would be nice to have a 'safe' London ride with my son unlike the usual lunatic dashes we do through London.
*******EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE APART FROM THE TRICKSTARS******

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 07:16 PM »
Like in fields of dreams..........if we build it they will come.

I don't mind organising something for when the sky ride gets announced.  I have a charity in mind which I will run by you but I'm happy to go with a majority rule  :daumenhoch:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2012, 07:20 PM »
Sounds fine Rob, you always made that a really good day out so be great if you can organise this again, happy to ride for any charity and doing it on the skyride would be ideal to get everyone involved  ;)

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 07:21 PM »
I'd be up for this Matt depending on dates, it would be nice to have a 'safe' London ride with my son unlike the usual lunatic dashes we do through London.

Yeah we can organise a route with the skyride which is much safer and a bit more fun for the kids also as there's plenty that goes on in terms of entertainment etc..  :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2012, 07:21 PM »
It's in the bag  :daumenhoch:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2012, 07:23 PM »
Sweet, great stuff Rob  :daumenhoch:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2012, 07:28 PM »
Thats great Rob but are there any nice 30T Eclat sprockets on ebay ?
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 07:30 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:   Na took all and I've been looking all day  ;D

Might be some on the on-one site though  ;)

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2012, 07:33 PM »
 ;D
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

griff

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 08:11 PM »

Matt I wasn't knocking the idea, just saying that I wouldn't get very far trying to raise funds for one of these (just to be clear - the people I'd be tapping up for sponsorship would see it as a faff whatever I said, even if I tried another 30-miler they would just take the piss) The only way I can keep getting money in is by thinking up ever-more stupid things to do.
If there's a 'pay on the day' option I'd still be up for a faff about though  :-*

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2012, 09:03 PM »

Matt I wasn't knocking the idea, just saying that I wouldn't get very far trying to raise funds for one of these (just to be clear - the people I'd be tapping up for sponsorship would see it as a faff whatever I said, even if I tried another 30-miler they would just take the piss) The only way I can keep getting money in is by thinking up ever-more stupid things to do.
If there's a 'pay on the day' option I'd still be up for a faff about though  :-*

fokkin Knockers ... always knockin  >:(

;D
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2012, 09:06 AM »

Sounds good me love, i'm sure we can all raise some cash for the proposed charity. Its in the hands of Rob Mr Pickle now, looking forward to it  :smitten:

See you on sunday John  ;)

Offline skki3330

• Flip-Whip
  • Love Riding Old Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2012, 11:32 PM »
Sounds good guys ill be up for it if im not on me holis
WANTED

SE Powerwings
Holeshot RF-1
Vincent Freestylers Gen 1 and Gen 2

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  London Charity Ride?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx