gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975537 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 07:21 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  more ebay comedy
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: more ebay comedy  (Read 4366 times)

Offline popedante

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: more ebay comedy
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2012, 01:09 PM »

i think we should have a "best of" comedy ebay adverts , really deserves its own section   >:D

* then get the best 12 printed as a calender at the end of the year   :2funny:

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2012, 04:31 PM »
Didn't we just go through this whole process with the skywayman thing?

Although i agree with some of whats been said what does it matter? If somebody buys em for that then they obviously have more money than sense, it doesnt take 5 minutes to do a bit of cross referencing....

Just dont buy them or comment on em......its just turning Rad into a slanging match!

:daumenhoch:
if you put yourself in the firing line then prepare to be shot at :crazy2:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

Offline TELLIS302000

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2012, 05:29 PM »
Didn't we just go through this whole process with the skywayman thing?

Although i agree with some of whats been said what does it matter? If somebody buys em for that then they obviously have more money than sense, it doesnt take 5 minutes to do a bit of cross referencing....

Just dont buy them or comment on em......its just turning Rad into a slanging match!

:daumenhoch:
if you put yourself in the firing line then prepare to be shot at :crazy2:
Thow some fuel on the fire...its what some of you are best at....... ;D

balladof32

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2012, 04:44 PM »
im not too sure what anyones point actually is here ? are you saying that people have to sell an item at a specified price or sell at a price theyd actually like to sell something for ? noone forces anyone to buy anything , so if you dont like something then fookin move along and find something more suited .  If you like Ill start naming names myself of all the members on here that jump on the bandwagon in these sort of threads, theres at least 10 people on here with a multitude of different ebay accounts listed in different locations that they flit from to sell their stuff, so why keep using different accounts? whys the stuff not put on RAD ? How many buy over on the Museum and then sell it on here at a profit ? I call tell you if were all bandwagonning the subject so intensely ?

To be honest even skywaman had every right to sell at the prices he wanted to sell at, he paid his money , bought his supporter tag and he got shafted because the ' BMX BMX BMX ' bunch thought his prices were too high, it really is quite unfair to be honest...if you dont like someones price then move along..noone is forcing you to pay the prices being asked .  Its a hobby, not a way of life...anyone over 30 whos life is BMX BMX BMX really does need to get out more, if you hadnt noticed people are getting older...getting married...having kids...selling up their collections...and moving on....and I see noone moaning at Gmac for letting skywayman sell at the prices he was .  These are all fair point but do feel free to continue youre non valid point  :daumenhoch:

If im lucky enough to get a good deal you all missed out on, and in turn make some dollars that then allows me to buy a Gen 1 then thats fairplay to me .  People pay what they are prepared to pay, simple as that . This has all been said before and probably will be again the next time someone puts something on ebay or a forum thats  ' overpriced ' .
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 05:00 PM by balladof32 »

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2012, 05:01 PM »
I agree with selling something for whatever price you want, but I also agree with not trying to make a fast buck and ripping folk off is out of order. most on here know I collect vintage SE bikes and memorabilia and for me if there's something I need I'll pay good money for it while others may think that price is way over the top. A few months ago these was a vintage SE wing on here that got slated mainly because people had no idea what it was and the history with it, it sold for good money and the new owner has something very rare and collectable.
IMO if your happy to pay for something with your money then who are we to judge. :)
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2012, 05:03 PM »
everybody has the right to sell at whatever price they want,but when prices get silly for example we all talk about the rising cost of petrol,groceries,quotes from builders ,its only human nature to question the cost of something when the price is outrageous.im a plastering contractor,if a job is clearly worth just £300 and i quote £1000 which i would never do then id expect to get a slagging off,thats why i always price accordingly,sometimes a bit higher if its a guts ache of a job or i dont need the work but like i said id prepare for my name to be mud if the price is outrageous,just my take on the situation :-\
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 05:09 PM by markyp »
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2012, 05:06 PM »
theres at least 10 people on here with a multitude of different ebay accounts listed in different locations that they flit from to sell their stuff, so why keep using different accounts

:shocked:
who??
no good  :(

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2012, 05:07 PM »
everybody has the right to sell at whatever price they want,but when prices get silly for example we all talk about the rising cost of petrol,groceries,quotes from builders ,its only human nature to question the cost of something when the price is outrageous,if you cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen ???

There's nothing wrong with builders quotes, all mine are always far too low  ;D ::)
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

ozone

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2012, 05:09 PM »
£350 for a pair of hubs?  And people have the cheek to ridicule my prices.   :2funny:

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2012, 05:11 PM »
£350 for a pair of hubs?  And people have the cheek to ridicule my prices.   :2funny:
:2funny: :daumenhoch:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline dwain dibbly

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2012, 05:25 PM »
anyone can sell anything for any price, but would you want to thats the question????

just look at the other thread about poolysherriff and what a great bloke he is. this is a very small community
and reputation is everything. if someone wants to sell at over inflated prices let them and see if anyone wants to deal with them again!!

Offline AKGOFF

• 900 Air
  • 85 Hutch 'Woody' Trickstar
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2012, 05:40 PM »
If they sell at that price (which is not beyond the realms of possibility) then to the buyer, they are worth every penny, if, however, at the time of advertising they do not sell, then they are overpriced, but only at that time. Maybe in a years time there will be people fighting to get them at that price, would they be a rip off then? What about a Trickstar frameset that was purchased new in 84 for $150 and will now sell used for circa $700, is that a rip off?
Supply and demand people, if you want it bad enough, you'll pay.

I'll prepare for widespread condemnation now. :D

Adam
*******EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE APART FROM THE TRICKSTARS******

balladof32

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2012, 05:50 PM »
It's a buyers market, if it's rare ask good money...where the fook else are they gonna buy it? I see no one slating Alan's bmx for banging a buyitnow of £125 on a nos dc mx1000 , or £50 on a nos dc tech 3 .  I'll sell for what I want to sell my stuff at , if you don't like that then don't buy it...I don't have a gun to you're head !  I buy and sell , not specifically to make money but builds change as you all know and if I think I can get £100 for something I paid £50 for then who exactly is being ripped off? 9 times out of 10 it's ploughed back into bmx bits in some shape or form so at the end of the day it's saving me money..and anyone that doesn't save money and has the ability to do so need to get their head checked . Anyone that wants to sell at 1983 prices that's you're right to do so, so at the same time respect others
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 05:54 PM by balladof32 »

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • funny you should say that..
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2012, 06:00 PM »
If they sell at that price (which is not beyond the realms of possibility) then to the buyer, they are worth every penny, if, however, at the time of advertising they do not sell, then they are overpriced, but only at that time. Maybe in a years time there will be people fighting to get them at that price, would they be a rip off then? What about a Trickstar frameset that was purchased new in 84 for $150 and will now sell used for circa $700, is that a rip off?
Supply and demand people, if you want it bad enough, you'll pay.

I'll prepare for widespread condemnation now. :D

Adam

WOW ;)
Griff loves BUM..

ozone

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2012, 06:06 PM »
It's a buyers market, if it's rare ask good money...where the fook else are they gonna buy it? I see no one slating Alan's bmx for banging a buyitnow of £125 on a nos dc mx1000 , or £50 on a nos dc tech 3 .  I'll sell for what I want to sell my stuff at , if you don't like that then don't buy it...I don't have a gun to you're head !  I buy and sell , not specifically to make money but builds change as you all know and if I think I can get £100 for something I paid £50 for then who exactly is being ripped off? 9 times out of 10 it's ploughed back into bmx bits in some shape or form so at the end of the day it's saving me money..and anyone that doesn't save money and has the ability to do so need to get their head checked . Anyone that wants to sell at 1983 prices that's you're right to do so, so at the same time respect others

Why are you so bothered about what a bunch of adults who play with kids bikes think anyway?  Just laugh it off, I would if I was in your position. 

Feel free to come back on and give it the big-un when someone hits the BIN.   >:D

Offline sparky

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2012, 06:08 PM »
Everyone calm down, repops will be along in a bit. :daumenhoch:
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

balladof32

« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2012, 06:16 PM »
The thing is I see this all the time on here , if it wasn't me getting it then it would be someone else .  This is a great forum but sometimes people take things just a little too far , I'm sorry if I'm selling something you can't afford or aren't prepared to pay for...I'll not lose sleep so it's a shame others seem to .  I'll reiterate , there's ppl on here who sell stuff under numerous accounts, buy under numerous account and very definately make money...I don't care! Fair play to you ! This hobby is so expensive it's the only way some of us can actually get some of the decent parts and build the bikes we do .  I'm honestly not bothered but I thought I'd make my point , I've no need to get lippy like others have in the past so I'll end my point there , and I hope there's at least some sense in what I've said and that at least a few of you may agree ....and if not I've made my point hopefully .

Off the back of what youve stated in this thread Im gonna have a massive go at the seller of the below, I cant believe he ripped that buyer off !...regardless of the buyer being obviously quite happy to pay the price he did .  Whos to say what something is worth anyway ? one day something may sell for £20 and on another for £200...BMX isnt its own separate entity...its just the same as antiques or whatever .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330713675157
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 07:06 PM by balladof32 »

waza04

« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2012, 07:51 PM »
The thing is I see this all the time on here , if it wasn't me getting it then it would be someone else .  This is a great forum but sometimes people take things just a little too far , I'm sorry if I'm selling something you can't afford or aren't prepared to pay for...I'll not lose sleep so it's a shame others seem to .  I'll reiterate , there's ppl on here who sell stuff under numerous accounts, buy under numerous account and very definately make money...I don't care! Fair play to you ! This hobby is so expensive it's the only way some of us can actually get some of the decent parts and build the bikes we do .  I'm honestly not bothered but I thought I'd make my point , I've no need to get lippy like others have in the past so I'll end my point there , and I hope there's at least some sense in what I've said and that at least a few of you may agree ....and if not I've made my point hopefully .

Off the back of what youve stated in this thread Im gonna have a massive go at the seller of the below, I cant believe he ripped that buyer off !...regardless of the buyer being obviously quite happy to pay the price he did .  Whos to say what something is worth anyway ? one day something may sell for £20 and on another for £200...BMX isnt its own separate entity...its just the same as antiques or whatever .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330713675157

if your not bothered, why you keep coming back for a pop! selling at those prices your always gonna get peoples backs up!

There was a time when most peeps could afford to build a bike, not now theres people like you about!  :daumenhoch:

do you work for vert-Ego by any chance.  :2funny:

£350 for a pair of hubs?  And people have the cheek to ridicule my prices.   :2funny:

And your a robbing twat aswell.  :idiot2:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 08:02 PM by waza04 »

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2012, 09:21 PM »
To be honest even skywaman had every right to sell at the prices he wanted to sell at, he paid his money , bought his supporter tag and he got shafted because the ' BMX BMX BMX ' bunch thought his prices were too high, it really is quite unfair to be honest
anyone over 30 whos life is BMX BMX BMX really does need to get out more, if you hadnt noticed people are getting older...getting married...having kids...selling up their collections...and moving on....

I don't usually get involved in these threads as I tend to stick to the somewhat naive view that the 'for sale' forum should manage itself like it used to but in this case, due to these comments, thought i should.   ::)

The person selling GMAC's collection was banned by the team here at Radbmx , or the 'BMX BMX BMX ' bunch as you so eloquently put it, for reasons that were thrashed out at the time. It's true that while some people agreed with you it's being unfair to ban that dealer the majority did not and that tends to be the way things go on this site.

Having been on the site as long as i have i won't dispute the fact we're getting older and it's fair to say that some have got married, had kids, sold up and moved on but at the same time many members from the early days of the site still remain, and are married, have kids, have not sold up and use sunscreen. 

The thing is balladof32 if you don't like it perhaps you should take your own advice and move along because, as i've mentioned, profiteers tend not to be looked on very favourably here at radbmx. Whether I agree with that or not is probably another reason why I tend to stay out of these sort of threads.   :-\

Love from one of the ' BMX BMX BMX ' bunch  :angel:

Offline TELLIS302000

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2012, 10:01 PM »
The thing is there are plenty of hypocrites amongst the 'older members' that do exactly the same with buying, selling and making profit........but when someone gets a nice score, breaks it up and sells for a few quid profit they get slated by them!

And then in another breath you get PM's of em asking on the parts!   ;D ;D

Offline 80sBMXer

• Curb Endo
  • TRM register will be updated soon-sorry too busy!
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2012, 03:28 AM »
I've just charged a disabled pensioner £3500k to repair a leaky tap , so i'd be happy to pay for the hubs - anyone got the link?

easy come , easy go

On a more serious note,This old skool BMX lark is a big bubble waiting to burst with a lot of people certain to lose big money

Alot of us on here are now in our 40's desperate to regain our youth and build the dream bike we drooled over BITD,but will I still want this bike when i'm 50+?.........I think not.
more to the point who am i going to sell it to?? Is anyone (currently in their 30's or younger) going to be interested in buying my finished bike .............No,because it doesn't have any relevance to their era.
Ok before you all shout there is always going to be the exceptions ( pro class bikes with racing pedigree,Haro Gen 1's etc etc these are like E-type Jags DB5's etc)

I'm talking Cavalier SRi Astra GTE i.e Raleigh Burners

Getting back to the point - we all want these hubs but are annoyed that they are so far out of our reach, Has anyone made a "best offer"??

I hope you do sell them cos theres gonna be a lot of people choking on their Rice Krispies if you do :2funny:

I think the people most vocal about the prices are the guys on here that have never given up on their BMX's since the 80's , and the people we have to thank for this great forum.  Well done guys

I personally haven't uttered the word BMX for 24 yrs - and in another 8 yrs (50!)I probably wont again, but i'm lovin building my 3 bikes up at the moment.

Is that the fooking time!!!

Keep it real

ozone

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2012, 11:59 AM »

theres gonna be a lot of people choking on their Rice Krispies

:LolLolLolLol:

These are the hubs you are looking for.   :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2012, 01:19 PM »
im not too sure what anyones point actually is here ? are you saying that people have to sell an item at a specified price or sell at a price theyd actually like to sell something for ? noone forces anyone to buy anything , so if you dont like something then fookin move along and find something more suited .  If you like Ill start naming names myself of all the members on here that jump on the bandwagon in these sort of threads, theres at least 10 people on here with a multitude of different ebay accounts listed in different locations that they flit from to sell their stuff, so why keep using different accounts? whys the stuff not put on RAD ? How many buy over on the Museum and then sell it on here at a profit ? I call tell you if were all bandwagonning the subject so intensely ?

To be honest even skywaman had every right to sell at the prices he wanted to sell at, he paid his money , bought his supporter tag and he got shafted because the ' BMX BMX BMX ' bunch thought his prices were too high, it really is quite unfair to be honest...if you dont like someones price then move along..noone is forcing you to pay the prices being asked .  Its a hobby, not a way of life...anyone over 30 whos life is BMX BMX BMX really does need to get out more, if you hadnt noticed people are getting older...getting married...having kids...selling up their collections...and moving on....and I see noone moaning at Gmac for letting skywayman sell at the prices he was .  These are all fair point but do feel free to continue youre non valid point  :daumenhoch:

If im lucky enough to get a good deal you all missed out on, and in turn make some dollars that then allows me to buy a Gen 1 then thats fairplay to me .  People pay what they are prepared to pay, simple as that . This has all been said before and probably will be again the next time someone puts something on ebay or a forum thats  ' overpriced ' .

Note to self ...... don't put up a wanted post for a Gen 1 , could'nt afford yours I'm thinking  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2012, 01:22 PM »
To be honest even skywaman had every right to sell at the prices he wanted to sell at, he paid his money , bought his supporter tag and he got shafted because the ' BMX BMX BMX ' bunch thought his prices were too high, it really is quite unfair to be honest
anyone over 30 whos life is BMX BMX BMX really does need to get out more, if you hadnt noticed people are getting older...getting married...having kids...selling up their collections...and moving on....

I don't usually get involved in these threads as I tend to stick to the somewhat naive view that the 'for sale' forum should manage itself like it used to but in this case, due to these comments, thought i should.   ::)

The person selling GMAC's collection was banned by the team here at Radbmx , or the 'BMX BMX BMX ' bunch as you so eloquently put it, for reasons that were thrashed out at the time. It's true that while some people agreed with you it's being unfair to ban that dealer the majority did not and that tends to be the way things go on this site.

Having been on the site as long as i have i won't dispute the fact we're getting older and it's fair to say that some have got married, had kids, sold up and moved on but at the same time many members from the early days of the site still remain, and are married, have kids, have not sold up and use sunscreen.  

The thing is balladof32 if you don't like it perhaps you should take your own advice and move along because, as i've mentioned, profiteers tend not to be looked on very favourably here at radbmx. Whether I agree with that or not is probably another reason why I tend to stay out of these sort of threads.   :-\

Love from one of the ' BMX BMX BMX ' bunch  :angel:

Well said Bob , being staff too I agree  ;)

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2012, 01:47 PM »
Here we go again. boring

things sell for what they are worth to someone at that time. its like fishing, put a big worm on and you may get a big fish.

GLWS

the problem for everyone is, that something like this will sell and it pushes all the other prices up and out of reach of most people. but these trends dont last long and will settle out again to what people are willing to pay. a one off doesnt set the bench mark.  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  more ebay comedy

gfxgfx
gfx gfx