gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 27, 2024, 08:37 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...  (Read 548653 times)

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...
« Reply #3675 on: August 30, 2022, 05:48 PM »
Went back for the top, but it had sold. Ah well.

I didn't need it.

What I did do was buy a new pair of vans. My Doomed Etnies are like black suede. Like F am I working in those. I have had a pair of Adidas Espadrilles for like 8 years. And they have held up like a champ. Problem is they literally have every colour of every bike I've ever painted on them, grease stains and etc. Pretty gross. IDK what even possessed me to search for these, but find them I did.

A tenner, delivered. They are brand spanking new, but one was left in a shop window and has faded. Of course then my brain starts going and I think about dying them etc, in the end I realise that I really can't be bothered even in the slightest. It just adds cost to an already epic bargain and within a couple of weeks they'll both look like shit  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #3676 on: September 01, 2022, 09:23 AM »
Or just leave the darker one on the window sill for a week! :daumenhoch:

Merry Christmas btw!! A bit premature I know but it certainly feels like that today with the arrival of a big, f-off box from the U.S. of A! There's boxes inside of boxes and everything is wrapped super well, which is a relief, given the distance it travelled. More pics and info to follow elsewhere but here's a few teasers to be going on with. :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 09:25 AM by Mikku »
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3677 on: September 01, 2022, 03:40 PM »
Awesome :D

Always nice to see something packed properly.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3678 on: September 01, 2022, 04:14 PM »
Ride The Earth strikes again  :LolLolLolLol: 35 quid.

Now the end bolts are missing and they are 14mmx1. Not looked into that yet, but what I do know is you don't need them. The axle is hollow, and thus you can put a long nut through it, pull the arms in with that, tighten said arms and thus yeah, bolts are not needed. So anything to cover the holes will do.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3679 on: September 01, 2022, 05:16 PM »
lmfao god I am such a DICK HEAD.  :LolLolLolLol:

So I order the cranks. Rude not to. I need M14x1 bolts. Or, 14mm with a 1mm thread pitch. And I know this practically doesn't exist. It is why people use bolts like this, because they know they are almost impossible to find.

I go to TLC to order some Ti bolts. All sold out, in every colour. I then discover that for a while FSA used this size on their Platinum ISIS BBs. Uber light weight, uber expensive. Bolts all sold out.

I then sat and designed a bolt and sleeve system in my head that could go into the hollow axle, bolt together, and pull both arms in, ignoring the M14 threads. Maybe 12mm OD.

Then, like most normal people would do I searched for "Shadow Noctis Bolts" Sure enough.

:LolLolLolLol:

Remember gents, sometimes it doesn't pay to be clever  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3680 on: September 02, 2022, 02:11 PM »

For the cranks. I know where they're going now :D

All that black needs breaking up. I also got this.

Going on here. Ever since I fitted these wheels (Haro SATA) it threw the balance off. Thing is I would not have removed the ODYs that are on the CW but the Haro wheels are 14mm rear. Only. It's a hollow axle too, so you can't grind it to 10mm. You also can't cut the drops on a CW because they are virtually non existent.

I am going to put the Paul lever on the Metal too. That should balance it nicely. I got this free.

Because the shipping was the same as it cost. Without it? the shipping was 3.99. With it? the shipping was free, and it cost the same  :LolLolLolLol:

I have a Proper hub on the Kink, so I will put it on there.

Some fantastic deals ATM if you have the coin.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3681 on: September 08, 2022, 12:45 AM »
Going away on Monday. Will be back about four days later. Am going to bring home all of the new goodies for the Dirt Bike. Those Gusset wheels I bought.

A set of brand new Fly Sergio Layos tyres.

And a new sprocket. I think I have one, if not I will buy one. The one on the wheels on it is stuck. Like, stuck. That is partially why I am ditching those wheels.

I think the black wheels and better tyres will really add to it.

The only thing I don't like much is the pedals. They are some DMR V8 I bought for a race bike ages ago. This still remains the second cheapest bike I have ever built (after the Fat Boy) and the pedals looked great with the silver rims. I was even happy about starting to add the S&M colours to it as well (red and yellow). So, these on sale for 26 quid will finish it off *mmmmmwaah !*

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3682 on: September 08, 2022, 09:55 AM »
STEVE WILSON FRAM LANDED. CASTLE CHROME HAVE MADE A NICE JOB. ?300 FOR FRAME FORKS , HEADSET BEARING CUPS AND SEAT POST.
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3683 on: September 08, 2022, 06:00 PM »
Nice and shiney! fella  :daumenhoch: well worth the price if it looks as good in the flesh  ;) :daumenhoch:  what time scale did they take to turn it around if you dont mind me asking?  ???

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3684 on: September 08, 2022, 06:16 PM »
Nice and shiney! fella  :daumenhoch: well worth the price if it looks as good in the flesh  ;) :daumenhoch:  what time scale did they take to turn it around if you dont mind me asking?  ???

Many thanks, it took six weeks. Placed the Z Rims on it today. I'm very happy with it👍
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • I'm gonna need a bigger shed 😂
  • Rated:
« Reply #3685 on: September 08, 2022, 09:29 PM »
The Carraro arrived today and she's even cooler now that she's sitting in front of me  :smitten:
Low end French does it for me ! 😂

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3686 on: September 08, 2022, 09:41 PM »
The Carraro arrived today and she's even cooler now that she's sitting in front of me  :smitten:

Looks really cool, love the gusset's 👍

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3687 on: September 09, 2022, 02:55 PM »
Do you have a whole caravan as a man cave? that's super dope if you do. God, that would be awesome :D The chrome looks super dude. Doesn't sound as horrific in cost as I thought it would be either.

I got some tyres. Basically I worked out a deal with my buddy to not only pick me up for my holiday but bring me back too. Given he has a large Audi estate I am going to take my Metal with me to ride. Only one issue, the tyres. Those FIT TA are dangerous in the wet, and I have a sneaking feeling it's going to be wet  :LolLolLolLol:

They will be much grippier if the surface is slick. I broke every rule by buying coloured tyres tbh. I never, EVER buy coloured tyres because they are usually crap. However they were on sale, and cheaper than any other option I had. Should match the seat nice too.

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3688 on: September 09, 2022, 04:16 PM »
Do you have a whole caravan as a man cave? that's super dope if you do. God, that would be awesome :D The chrome looks super dude. Doesn't sound as horrific in cost as I thought it would be either.

I got some tyres. Basically I worked out a deal with my buddy to not only pick me up for my holiday but bring me back too. Given he has a large Audi estate I am going to take my Metal with me to ride. Only one issue, the tyres. Those FIT TA are dangerous in the wet, and I have a sneaking feeling it's going to be wet  :LolLolLolLol:

They will be much grippier if the surface is slick. I broke every rule by buying coloured tyres tbh. I never, EVER buy coloured tyres because they are usually crap. However they were on sale, and cheaper than any other option I had. Should match the seat nice too.
Many thanks,👊🏻Yep an eight birth caravan and my spare room. It's like being on holiday in the 1980's in the van😀

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3689 on: September 09, 2022, 04:33 PM »
Yeah dude I friggin love caravans !

When my dad died in 81 my uncle bought a caravan down in the new forest. He took us there religiously for years with my cousins. Amazing memories !

You lucky sod  :LolLolLolLol: I was thinking about taking mums back fence down at one point and filling her garden with a touring van (small one). Never asked her for approval, mind, that could have been tricky  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3690 on: September 12, 2022, 02:04 PM »
Bits in. Massively relieved, as I am taking my Metal on holiday and needed these tyres. Seems the PO are on strike later in the month, but for now they turned up. Phew.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3691 on: September 14, 2022, 10:28 PM »
OK so this was how it went. OK tbh. Tyres are warped badly from them being crammed into a box though. God that pisses me off, especially as they are huge AF.

Now what it needs is this...

To match everything, and the seat. I then realised I must have stabbed a hole in the Proper grips, and one has split. And it's like that jelly stuff ffs.

Ordered a pair of these to replace the plastic shite.

And this was on sale and crucially it's the mid version meaning it's not rock hard.

I bought these two days ago.

Three quid. Perfect for when I redo the Ruben next year. I also found this, pretty neat.

And bought another spare tube. Am taking the Metal on holiday, hence the tyres that actually grip and don't just slide in the wet like those slicks. I also put all of the new stuff onto Manuel. Looks wicked. Glad I did this now, as when I took the rim strips off the rims were destroyed underneath. Looks like they had been full of water, which dried, and corroded the crap out of them both rust wise on the chrome coating on the spokes and galvanic corrosion. Bad. So they are headed for the bin, given the freehweel has also frozen on due to said galvanic corrosion.

Video on that coming soon.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 10:30 PM by Midschoolfool »

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3692 on: September 26, 2022, 03:42 PM »
Today I bought this stem

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3693 on: September 26, 2022, 03:47 PM »
For this frame set bundle

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3694 on: September 27, 2022, 01:45 PM »
That was a good price man. I saw it but didn't want it badly enough.

Look forward to seeing the tank created!

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3695 on: September 27, 2022, 02:57 PM »
Yeah I thought it was a good bundle for the price. The seller sent out a very decent offer but I countered a cheeky fiver less and he accepted. He said he was hoping someone would build and enjoy it, I will. Im not sure if I can squeeze it in though tbh. I'm not bothered about the paint that was pictured on the underside of the top tube, if it comes off great if not it's all good. I know it's a Taiwanese product but a full crmo frame, forks and I think bars as well as a post and clamp for that money was a steal. The welds look lovely too. I've got a pig headset and a white dc Hombre doing nothing so that's my starting point. If the dropouts are 14mm like I think they are it will slow the build down because I have committed to buy a lovely set of wheels for my cruiser build. I plan to finish that before really getting into this build properly. This is some winter fun for me.

fistblump
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 03:22 PM by Chilli Rinse »

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3696 on: September 27, 2022, 03:12 PM »
Have you got any info on the Hard Dad Products stem Andrew ?

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3697 on: September 27, 2022, 04:53 PM »
Never even heard of it mate.

Would go nice on a FBM lol. Fat bald men and hard dads  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3698 on: September 27, 2022, 05:34 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol: Great combo.

I could only find 2 examples of one being used. One on a DK SOB and another on an Eastern Hercules. Both right here on rad, so I'm thinking it might be an obscure British brand, who knows though.

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,195965.msg1959244.html#msg1959244

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,194115.0.html

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3699 on: September 28, 2022, 03:20 PM »
I've been a naughty boy  :LolLolLolLol:

Once again I bought a stupendous amount of money on holiday and with all the riding (pics when I return) I spent 0. I'm going home Friday morning and don't have anything expensive planned so I went a little nuts. Oops  :LolLolLolLol:

Can't do the pics on this phone so you'll have to wait til Friday.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx