gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975537 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 11:08 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...  (Read 549389 times)

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • I'm gonna need a bigger shed 😂
  • Rated:
Re: Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...
« Reply #3700 on: September 28, 2022, 05:51 PM »
Never even heard of it mate.

Would go nice on a FBM lol. Fat bald men and hard dads  :LolLolLolLol:

The stem arrived today and it is sweet.I asked the seller if he had any info on the brand and he messaged back straight away  fistblump

Hard Dad Products is/was a UK brand owned by Northern John. There were possibly some other parts other than the stem produced by the brand.

The seller said I could find him on instagram and I did. He has some great shots of himself bitd doing all sorts of craziness.
Low end French does it for me ! 😂

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #3701 on: September 28, 2022, 08:44 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

I've been a naughty boy  :LolLolLolLol:

Once again I bought a stupendous amount of money on holiday and with all the riding (pics when I return) I spent 0. I'm going home Friday morning and don't have anything expensive planned so I went a little nuts. Oops  :LolLolLolLol:

Can't do the pics on this phone so you'll have to wait til Friday.

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3702 on: September 28, 2022, 09:30 PM »

S&M NBD. Considering freshly imported S&M frames are now 610 quid I felt lucky at 360 ffs. Didn't need much, as I have all of the rest. Got this for a tenner as Source were doing a special on headsets and BBs when you buy a frame.

Pedals were a fiver.

Will be using the Eclat Onyx cranks I had on the CW. Got a home made Graveyard 28t, have a nice long pivotal and this I got last week.

YBN for 7 quid.

Got this on Seventies for 35. Oval rim RANT with a sealed female.

Sticker sheet for 2 quid on CR

These for when I get a back wheel.

And another pair. They are amazing !

Going to use the Fit TA tyres etc. Like I said, I have everything else. Front end is going to be this in satin black.

Really wasn't up for restoring another frame.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3703 on: September 28, 2022, 09:32 PM »
Oops forgot the grips !

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3704 on: September 28, 2022, 09:36 PM »
You have been a very naughty boy 🤣 Nice haul  fistblump

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #3705 on: September 28, 2022, 10:03 PM »
Very Nice Stash explosion

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3706 on: September 28, 2022, 10:28 PM »
After riding Monday I needed Tuesday to recover. Everything was hurting, knees, back the lot. Today though I felt fine. How that will translate tomorrow I have no idea, but these painkillers I am on are deffo working. I also really like the stupid fat tyres too. Take so much impact out of riding.

I hardly ever buy new frames. In fact, I think of everything I own only the Kizz was actually new. I'd have hated to have left those Onyx cranks just sitting there tbh. And the rest of it really. Deffo need higher bars though. Those Volumes are well over 9", so should make it awesome to ride.

Those UGP are incredible. I forgot what huge baggy trousers meant in terms of comfort. So I got another pair. I'm already walking on the bottom of the legs (as was the tradition  :LolLolLolLol: ) so I need a pair for best.

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3707 on: September 29, 2022, 08:14 AM »
I have literally just paid for these grips after the seller confirmed they are for 22.2 diameter bars. Decent shape Lizard Skins logo grips. I can remember these grips but not sure how far back that was. Any ideas, 90's, 2000's or more recent? My memory isn't the best

:LolLolLolLol:

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3708 on: September 30, 2022, 05:07 PM »

They're going to be a lot of work but will be well worth it. Came with two new decals too.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3709 on: September 30, 2022, 06:48 PM »
Fly Lunar on a BSD Westcoaster Freecoaster. Always wanted one. I will let you know how much I like it when I crack my head open  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3710 on: October 03, 2022, 06:01 PM »
Have had to custom order these.

They were on a Williams F1 car in the 90s on the sides of the spoiler. Sadly all of the sizes were too big, so he is going to do me two smaller ones that can go on the fork.

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3711 on: October 03, 2022, 08:30 PM »
Gonna look cool on those blades  :daumenhoch:

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3712 on: October 07, 2022, 09:33 AM »
Demolition Medial V3. These also came in white, so I am going to restore them in white.

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3713 on: October 19, 2022, 03:33 PM »
So I'm sitting at home as sick as a dog with Covid, so a little bmx related retail therapy was in order. This might end up on my Carraro build  :daumenhoch:

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3714 on: October 19, 2022, 03:57 PM »
Oh fook man. I wondered why you were so quiet :( Get well soon dude. My brother has it at the moment too.

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3715 on: October 19, 2022, 04:11 PM »
Cheers dude, yes I missed a lot of progress on your build. I only started to feel half human again today. Fitted tyres to a set of wheels earlier and was feeling like crap again right after. Not a wise move.  :whistle:

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3716 on: October 19, 2022, 04:16 PM »
Cheers dude, yes I missed a lot of progress on your build. I only started to feel half human again today. Fitted tyres to a set of wheels earlier and was feeling like crap again right after. Not a wise move.  :whistle:

Oh I am the same way dude. I can never rest up when I am sick, which just makes it ten times worse.

Case in point the freecoaster axle needed more force than even I am comfortable with to release the lock nut. I totally destroyed my bad shoulder, then laid in bed for five hours wanting to burst into tears  :LolLolLolLol:

But yeah, doing things when you are extra sweaty and a bit dizzy has never been fun.

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3717 on: November 05, 2022, 11:19 PM »
This little bundle is on its way from France. I am hoping it turns out to be a Motobecane mx200 with og matt black finish. The frame, forks and saddle are from the same bike, so it is very likely it is what I think it is. If it has been refinished it is most likely a mx200 c which had a chrome finish and some blue parts. It is tatty and it looks like there is chrome peeking through the missing paint. I will have a better idea of what is actually is when it arrives. Nothing special but my kind of cool.
The sprocket was just bought from bankrupt bike parts and is identical to the one on the early mx200 in a 1984 publication. The same sprocket was apparently found on the Mongoose Grand Prix, which had the same Motobecane frame as mine with model code 141400 on the bb shell.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3718 on: November 07, 2022, 04:50 PM »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/373681019471'mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=vOK0z3YiRb2&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=JBKXXLq2Q46&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I am sorely tempted. That's absolutely GORGEOUS. It's also extremely cheap, even with shipping and import duty. Around ?150 all in.

Ebay link not working. No idea why.

Edit. Ah the forum is breaking it. Try here, then follow the link.

https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=892489
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 04:52 PM by Midschoolfool »

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3719 on: November 08, 2022, 09:21 PM »
Do it, that would be a cracking build  fistblump

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #3720 on: November 09, 2022, 09:00 AM »
Yeah, that's not bad at all. Love the colour too! :daumenhoch:

Got a box of goodies from the States today. 8)
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3721 on: November 14, 2022, 04:44 PM »
I passed on the FF. Ever since I got home from holiday I seem to be getting nut kicked from everywhere. First the nightmare with the TV cabinet, then one of my PC's graphics cards died. Which is never a cheap endeavour.

Plus I just want to get my T1 Ruben done next year. Adding more would put me at the point I was at a couple months back.

So, it's back over to you guys  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3722 on: November 28, 2022, 09:11 PM »
Landed some nice Tuffs off eBay today. Want to take my  81 /2 coaster Tuff burner back to one my favourite pics of when I used  it for  freestyle! Got a few more parts to source no rush , but I'll keep searching for the parts.  The first pic is the eBay pic, hope the seller doesn't mind. SDF.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 09:17 PM by SDF »
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3723 on: December 01, 2022, 05:22 PM »
Landed some nice Tuffs off eBay today. Want to take my  81 /2 coaster Tuff burner back to one my favourite pics of when I used  it for  freestyle! Got a few more parts to source no rush , but I'll keep searching for the parts.  The first pic is the eBay pic, hope the seller doesn't mind. SDF.
GOOD BYE Z RIMS. BACK TO A TUFF BURNER SOON.
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3724 on: December 11, 2022, 06:31 PM »
I have just paid for a nice Demolition seat which will be used on my FA Hellcat in the new year (eventually). I have been thinking about buying it since I saw it on eBay, I love the Demolition bomb logo and it will work well with the look of the Hellcat.

Photo stolen from eBay listing  :whistle:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx