gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975536 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 28, 2024, 12:32 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...  (Read 549105 times)

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...
« Reply #3850 on: October 09, 2023, 02:07 PM »
Sounds like she's a keeper tobe !

My NOS 2000 Pork came from the USA  :LolLolLolLol:

How do I know it is a 2000? because they actually dated them for you.

So awesome. One small gripe. the drive side front peg has worked its way off, and now that I know this thing is 23 years old I am not opening it. So it will have to stay like that with the peg in the bottom of the plastic. I got this.

And will make a plinth so it can stand up on its end.

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #3851 on: October 10, 2023, 12:02 PM »
Snagged a new Shadow Conspiracy seat and seat post over the weekend and paid for it today. I want the seat for my Cult but the post is the wrong size, so will probably move that on. :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • I'm gonna need a bigger shed 😂
  • Rated:
« Reply #3852 on: October 22, 2023, 03:11 PM »
Today I bought 2 decent used chains for under a score  fistblump

IMG-0677" border="0

IMG-0676" border="0
Low end French does it for me ! 😂

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3853 on: October 22, 2023, 03:56 PM »
I've had to take a chance on a purchase. I found a nos Shimano 126.5 bb spindle for a 73mm shell. The Apollo needs an upgrade from the cottered crank to cotterless, it's has a 73mm bb shell so I'm hoping the length of the spindle will be enough to make it work. I have a nice Shinano bb with a spindle for a 68mm shell, the plan is to use the cups and bearings and put the 73mm spindle in. I guess I'll find out soon enough if it works. Fingers crossed because I want to get the Apollo finished soon.

The HKK chain above will hopefully be used on the Apollo too  fistblump
« Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 03:58 PM by Chilli Rinse »

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3854 on: October 23, 2023, 06:44 PM »
Cotter cranks suck ass.

My first bmx had them and every time you did a jump then span and ended up facing in the same direction :(

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3855 on: October 23, 2023, 07:30 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol: Yeah, they've gotta go. It's a shame because it has a cool snowflake thing going on with a guard.  I have some Super Maxy or Dura Ace to use if the conversion works.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3856 on: October 24, 2023, 02:07 PM »
:LolLolLolLol: Yeah, they've gotta go. It's a shame because it has a cool snowflake thing going on with a guard.  I have some Super Maxy or Dura Ace to use if the conversion works.

There is a dude on YouTube who plays with old mountain bikes. Forget his handle now. Monkey shred?

If you get stuck he will know he does shit like this all the time lmao.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3857 on: October 26, 2023, 07:44 PM »
Remember this?

Eviction in 5,4,3,2....

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3858 on: October 28, 2023, 08:20 PM »
Sweet  :smitten: JBL's have a great sound  fistblump

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3859 on: October 28, 2023, 08:28 PM »
The packaging for the Shimano bb spindle arrived with no spindle in it. I am fooked all over again. I got an instant refund from the seller but I would have preferred the spindle. That's the third item in 2 months that's gone missing with Royal Mail. Not happy.

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3860 on: October 28, 2023, 08:37 PM »
Paid for an early SR MS-200 stem this evening. They are the double stems that were found on some grifters. I think the later version had bolts that threaded into the stem base, this one is the chunky version with a bolt and nut system. This might end up on the Apollo if it looks better than the Alps stem on it at the moment. For less than a score, I couldn't resist.

IMG-0696" border="0

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3861 on: December 22, 2023, 09:34 PM »
I'll admit, I ain't bought shit in a very long time.

Had an almighty bust up over it all recently and really figured I was 100% finished with it.

Dragged the Eastern and the Four up into the loft a few weeks ago after said bust up and left  it looking like a dump.

Today tho I got bored. Decided to get up there and at least make it tidy. Put the Eastern and Four back together and had a huge tidy up and sort out. Found my red NOS Primos and the Ti axle that were on the Pork until I found the SNAFU set. Decided that I wanted them on the Fatboy, which has had crank problems since day one. Long story, but fat thin chainrings don't work on a BMX and I could not find one in the correct BCD to fix it. So after much pissing around I just left it.

Problem is I needed a 22mm BB. This is not a huge problem until you figure out that the parts to put one onto the bike are going to run at least ?60. What I wanted was this. I already have the euro adapter in there.

Then this popped up for a tenner.

Satan's BMX want sixty pounds for it.

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3862 on: December 23, 2023, 10:45 AM »
I've had some bits delivered, but gave up posting pics when the good app went down. Posting on Instagram now SDFCLASSIC.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 10:47 AM by SDF »
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3863 on: December 23, 2023, 03:38 PM »
If you have access to a PC or laptop Imgur is awesome. Problem is you can't use it the same way on a phone or tablet. Shame.

So I bought something else. Something, tbh? pretty darn rare. Not by its form. I mean, I already have one in copper.

So the Fatboy is getting the red NOS Primo powerbites and the ti axle. Problem is I don't have a sprocket, and the one on there is all wrong.

And yeah, it is on the wrong side. Still pissed about that  :LolLolLolLol: That is why I wanted to sort it. Problem is finding the right sprocket for the bike has been hard. Satan now wants ?100 for a Profile. twat. I searched all day yesterday, fruitlessly.

And then today this came up.

NOS. 36t. Now you may be thinking "Well that will look shit on the Fatboy". Aye, aye it probably would. However, that isn't why I jumped on it with both feet. This is.

Any collector knows that stuff in dark green anno is beyong rocking horse poop. I thought I had had my share of luck finding not only that NOS dark green Proper brake but also the Profile stem. Seems not. It is the same size too, so minimal effing around needed. The Fatboy will then get the Profile.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3864 on: December 25, 2023, 11:16 PM »
Right. See that floor in the loft?

See that shitty block wall?

I should have done it a long, long time ago.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3865 on: December 29, 2023, 01:47 PM »
Oops  :LolLolLolLol:

I was speaking to an insider last night. He told me that Source went bankrupt. Basically they went nuts during the pandemic and over ordered, and thus when the stop happened they were screwed. They have rescued themselves though. I don't know the ins and outs of business but yeah, you can read about it here.

https://www.hastingsindependentpress.co.uk/articles/news/exit-the-source-re-enter-source-bmx/

So why do I mention this? well, I noticed that there were three US made S&M frames up for ?349. Which is almost half of what they should sell for. I last saw this when I bought my red NBD, something I had never seen before. Again though, it was right around the time Source bought millions of pounds worth of parts and etc.

Any way, I thought about maybe doing another new school S&M. IDK why, but I get more pleasure now out of making new bikes. Maybe because the ones I would want to do are not going to happen, no idea.

Thought about getting one of those S&Ms, but then found out that the Fit Mixtape V3 was under half price at ?199. It's basically a high end S&M. Thermal X tubing, all sorts of casting and CNC only it is made in Taiwan. TBH I don't care about that much. It was available in like a sand beige and blue. Then I remembered that the Fit Van Homan was blue and I loved it. Then I found out I could do this.

Like I said, it is exactly the same colour as the Van Homan was. And so, for a tenner more.

I mean, no disrespect but I have no idea who Emerson Morgan is?

I then got some parts (some  :LolLolLolLol: )

Got some Animal bars under half price.

These for half price.

This. IDK why I went this colour etc, just fancied it.

I then went on Source and bought this.

Gonna stash it all for now. No point buying killer wheels any more, I doubt I will ride it and even if I did they would be more than good enough.

I have some FIT tyres at the flat and so on.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3866 on: December 29, 2023, 01:48 PM »
BTW when I say parts and stuff is cheap?

Both shops gave me 10% off at checkout (custom riders and Source).

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3867 on: January 03, 2024, 09:46 PM »
I just paid for these quite simple but very cool O.G.K. MR-3 grips for the Hirame build. I now have a long wait because they are coming from Canada. I don't mind because they are exactly what I wanted to use on this build.

Sweet  :daumenhoch:

IMG-1051" border="0

IMG-1052" border="0
« Last Edit: January 03, 2024, 09:53 PM by Chilli Rinse »

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3868 on: January 04, 2024, 04:19 PM »
More bits. It's aggro to get to the T1 grips I was going to use, so I nabbed these for six quid.

And these. Always look lovely if you aren't running pegs.

Cheap AF. 12, IIRC

And this. May as well.

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3869 on: January 08, 2024, 01:32 PM »
I just paid for these quite simple but very cool O.G.K. MR-3 grips for the Hirame build. I now have a long wait because they are coming from Canada. I don't mind because they are exactly what I wanted to use on this build.

IMG-1051" border="0

IMG-1052" border="0

I had a set of these OGK grips for years I couldnt give them away? I put foam on them and used them in the end and like them  :daumenhoch:

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3870 on: January 08, 2024, 06:08 PM »

IMG-1051" border="0

IMG-1052" border="0

I had a set of these OGK grips for years I couldnt give them away? I put foam on them and used them in the end and like them  :daumenhoch:

Yeah, they are pretty cool. I think they crossed over with mountain bike specs, I guess some folk prefer bmx specific kit on their bikes.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3871 on: January 08, 2024, 11:11 PM »
Toby check your PM dude. He has them in another colour too ;)

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3872 on: January 12, 2024, 10:00 PM »

And, if they're also in Canada and you're wanting them I'll be out there for a week or so early next month, so could see if he'd post them to my hotel if you're interested. Save a bit of shipping cost, customs hassle, etc.  :-\
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3873 on: January 12, 2024, 10:37 PM »

And, if they're also in Canada and you're wanting them I'll be out there for a week or so early next month, so could see if he'd post them to my hotel if you're interested. Save a bit of shipping cost, customs hassle, etc.  :-\

Nah mate, was UK based. I will leave Tobe to reveal what it was.

Canada eh? I'm not your friend buddeh !  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3874 on: January 12, 2024, 11:08 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

No worries  :daumenhoch:
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx