gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975501 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX March 29, 2024, 06:08 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...  (Read 540650 times)

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...
« Reply #3525 on: September 18, 2021, 06:43 PM »
This came up for sale tonight so I grabbed it fast. I've got my mid school build but I've gone for something race. I've always wanted one of these. It's a bit tatty but cool as heck. I don't know if it's a junior, expert or pro yet. Not too bothered to be honest, it was cheap I reckon. I'll research the serial number and hopefully find out before it arrives.

You lucky bastard. You lucky, lucky bastard.

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • I'm gonna need a bigger shed 😂
  • Rated:
« Reply #3526 on: September 18, 2021, 08:17 PM »
Another purchase from France 🇫🇷 oh la la
Low end French does it for me ! 😂

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3527 on: September 19, 2021, 07:06 PM »
I bid on one about three years back. It was polished. It got to ?130, then I forgot all about the auction /facepalm. Lost it.

Marin made some beautiful BMX race frames in that period too. Monocoque.

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3528 on: September 19, 2021, 08:53 PM »
I didn't know Marin produced any BMX frames. Their mountain bikes were cool but I never got my hands on one.

I paid 132 quid plus shipping and VAT. Not bad as it comes with a headset, seat clamp and brake set up minus the lever. It is tatty but if I can't live with the paint I could strip and polish it. I'll try not to do that though.

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #3529 on: September 20, 2021, 12:26 PM »
I like the Marin frames but then I have a monocoque bias! Here's a pic of one:-
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3530 on: September 20, 2021, 04:57 PM »
Yeah that's it. Someone on BMXM had one NOS a couple of years back. Torker did some beautiful alu frames during that time too.

I've been doing DIY and building work. First job was create another place for a bike so the Morales will fit eventually.

That was why I bought a double stand for the Morales. Knew I was only going to use one loop. It's not sketch, not at all  :LolLolLolLol:

That leaves me space to sort this thing out. Removing the red rims makes it look a shit load better already. I reckon new post and sprocket and it will be much better.

I may have an idea to save those KHE cranks *if* I can get the Profile axle out. We will see......

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3531 on: September 22, 2021, 08:31 PM »
The Cannondale has landed  explosion
One tiny ding on the top tube, and a very slightly tweaked dropout. I was expecting a few nasties but on the whole I'm a happy bunny. The paint isn't too good but I don't know if I can bring myself to strip it. It has a charm and the decals are pretty good.
The headset is a very nice Stronglight with needle bearings. I'm not so sure on the brake though. Please check out my new post in the chat section, I'm after an ID on it.

Cheers 
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 09:10 PM by Chilli Rinse »

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3532 on: September 25, 2021, 01:33 PM »
Awesome :)

I bought another frame. Late night Ebay purchase, but I am very happy with it. I was out of my nut on benzos, but at 49 quid I couldn't pass.

It looks rather unremarkable. In fact it is, until you see this.

It's nothing to get excited about. Just an entry level complete FBM frame from 2010. However, it's an FBM. They are very rare and the company went tits up recently so I just wanted one in the collection. Strongly doubt I will ever build it, even more doubtful I will ever ride it, just wanted an FBM in the collection. Added bonus though is that it comes with the after market head tube badge.

I'll probably paint it some time next year. Make some decals etc.

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3533 on: September 25, 2021, 11:57 PM »
I'll probably paint it some time next year. Make some decals etc.

Etc, etc...! It's a slippery slope from there, my friend, but you don't need me to tell you that! :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3534 on: September 26, 2021, 05:50 PM »
No more room for completes, and tbh? with this being such an entry level frame (only the head tube is cro mo) I really wouldn't bother dude. I do want to collect frames, mind. I guess this is kinda like the Root Down. Not a full fat 2hip, but still cool to have. I don't like gentlemans relishing big money into bikes I will never ride. There are a couple I have, but IMO it was worth it. I've never lost the "This will all end up in a skip one day" philosophy. Never spend what I cannot afford, and never see any of it as an investment. Just a way to keep me busy and thus sane.

I can do a cheap paint job on it that's pretty exotic and stick some decals on. In fact I just started work on decals today. So that's another day will little anxiety or depression so hey, that's a win.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3535 on: September 27, 2021, 07:04 PM »
Made sure to contact FBM for a response before ordering these.

They said whatever you can still order from the site they have and will ship.

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3536 on: September 28, 2021, 10:24 PM »
I had time to kill today so I swapped out the Oury grips on my Blue Max. She now has A'me rounds. I sorted a clicking pedal too.  :slayer:

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3537 on: September 30, 2021, 04:18 PM »
I've been looking at paint for the FBM. I've done all the brights now, going to go with something dark and more menacing. A very deep purple with red flake or something. Something that almost looks black, then the light hits.

Off on holiday in a couple of weeks. Can't wait. Already all packed and shit. I missed my last one due to Covid, (the one I had booked and paid for) and then didn't book another because of lockdown, so I have been staring at the same walls in two buildings for 2.5 years.

Will buy the paints when I get back.

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3538 on: October 02, 2021, 11:10 AM »
10 of these arrived earlier in the week. All of my spinner pegs missing the locking nuts are now sorted. If anyone else needs to do the same it's a M12 x 1.5 pitch half nut.
fistblump
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 11:44 AM by Chilli Rinse »

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3539 on: October 02, 2021, 06:39 PM »
It seems its on  :LolLolLolLol:

Just took the FBM frame up into the loft to get it out of the way and I may have had a dig and found every single part it needs to build it, sans some wheels. I saw a cheap set of Blank wheels on sale the other day for about 80 quid so I will get those at some point over the winter. It's all stuff that either didn't sell or were stand in parts for other builds until I could find period correct parts.

What pissed me off was I had this quite nice Firma lever. I took it off the Metal when I upgraded that to a SNAFU lever, a high end one. Could I find it for the Kink? could I Jeffrey. I spent several hours looking (autism !) and nothing.

Today I go up to dig for parts for the FBM and I find it almost straight away in a place I looked about ten times. I have this large cooler bag full of shit. Like grips I didn't use in all sorts of colours, seats, stems etc. Seems I needed to remove more from the bag before it became visible  :rant:

Ah well. All's well that will end well. Because this will be the end of the parts at least. Which is good, 'cause if I ever need to get rid of it all fast I can just give a whole bike to a cousin's kid etc. Bit hard handing a ten year old a stem, chain and shit etc  :LolLolLolLol:

Ordered them. 83 quid. Hermes owe me more than that.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 08:43 PM by Midschoolfool »

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3540 on: October 11, 2021, 10:49 PM »
I thought this cool little headset top nut cover would work on a build so I grabbed it. Apparently some Raleigh road bikes came with these in the 80's.  I love stuff like this. Sorry about the picture quality, it's from the listing.

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3541 on: October 13, 2021, 10:49 PM »
Crazy little purchase to re-energise my stalled resto (after a mad busy year). Some of you know how long I've been searching for this damn part - attention to detail  8) :LolLolLolLol:

now if I could just find some mint B2's  >:(

Hi all  :daumenhoch:

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3542 on: October 13, 2021, 11:42 PM »
Crazy little purchase to re-energise my stalled resto (after a mad busy year). Some of you know how long I've been searching for this damn part - attention to detail  8) :LolLolLolLol:

now if I could just find some mint B2's  >:(

Hi all  :daumenhoch:

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Bingo  explosion  nice one Pete, great find for you. Good to see you post  :daumenhoch:

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3543 on: October 14, 2021, 06:43 PM »

Bingo  explosion  nice one Pete, great find for you. Good to see you post  :daumenhoch:

Cheers Toby (et al). I've been periodically lurking, but year just went nuclear at work, so any down time's been all about chores and an odd bit of resting. I'll be back with an update soon though  :daumenhoch:, and the great part is I've lots of posts from others to catch up with  :4_17_5:.
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3544 on: November 04, 2021, 01:53 PM »
This GT post landed today. :daumenhoch:

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3545 on: November 04, 2021, 06:27 PM »
GT
ou
ob
de
 :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3546 on: November 05, 2021, 12:40 PM »
Took me a while to see what you did there! :daumenhoch:

Have also just pulled the trigger on these used, UGP race plates! 8)

Offline tfi_friday

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3547 on: November 11, 2021, 09:01 PM »
Got all this and some more from a old bike shop in Sweden:

2 pairs of White DC Tech 3 levers
3 pairs of black DC Tech 3 levers
3 single right hand black DC Tech 3 levers
SunTour Broken Arrow seat clamp
Tioga/Takagi MX-SPF spider
Redline Forklifter Stem
Chrome Aero forks

Offline hotdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3548 on: November 12, 2021, 06:02 AM »
Super-cool score.

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3549 on: November 18, 2021, 09:31 PM »
Sometimes it's the little finds that keep you ticking over. Just grabbed this fistblump

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx