gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975501 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 10:15 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...  (Read 540577 times)

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...
« Reply #3550 on: November 18, 2021, 10:28 PM »
Got all this and some more from a old bike shop in Sweden:

2 pairs of White DC Tech 3 levers
3 pairs of black DC Tech 3 levers
3 single right hand black DC Tech 3 levers
SunTour Broken Arrow seat clamp
Tioga/Takagi MX-SPF spider
Redline Forklifter Stem
Chrome Aero forks

Fantastic bag...the stem is beautiful!!  :daumenhoch:
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3551 on: November 28, 2021, 11:31 AM »
Not bought jack shit in ages. Then these popped up a while ago. Lots of bartering back and forth. I paid up for these. Like, really paid up. I think they're easily the most expensive set I've bought.

NOS 6 piece Strips, uncut.

I know exactly where they're going, too.

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3552 on: November 30, 2021, 02:49 PM »
I really thought that would be the last part I bought this year. Turns out I was wrong.

The Morales has a Conspiracy Hitman NOS fork on it.

I wasn't best pleased about using a new school stem on the bike, given I took forever digging up period correct parts. I found this last night.

The NOS stem to match the fork.

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • I'm gonna need a bigger shed 😂
  • Rated:
« Reply #3553 on: November 30, 2021, 06:19 PM »
Not bought jack shit in ages. Then these popped up a while ago. Lots of bartering back and forth. I paid up for these. Like, really paid up. I think they're easily the most expensive set I've bought.

NOS 6 piece Strips, uncut.

I know exactly where they're going, too.

Sweet, I saw those but had nothing nice enough to use them on. Glad they're going to a good home  :daumenhoch:
Low end French does it for me ! 😂

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3554 on: November 30, 2021, 07:14 PM »
If I hadn't owned a set I would never have paid this much for them tbh. That said, they are really lovely bars. Used to own a set (hence why I paid up) on my 96 STA.

I would put them on the STA I have now, but they'll be better on the Morales. Plus I have 2pc strips on the STA, so it's not like I'm robbing it of anything.

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3555 on: December 03, 2021, 03:32 PM »
Liars, liars everywhere.

The NOS Standard Strip 6pc I bought were cut at the factory. Badly  :rant:

NOS my arsehole. I knew he'd left those shit grips on them for a reason.

I have plenty enough pissing me off right now to want to get even more angry. So, I shall take the lemons and make lemonade. At an extra cost of 40 quid  :rant:

The big problem with these bars is that once you cut them, even a tiny bit like these, that your grips need to be so short they look stupid. And that is because where they meet into the sides they are 1". IE, they are 6pc because the grip section is beautifully welded in. And you should never cut it.

That said the stem cost me 14 quid. I also think the polished levers will add even more bling to this masterpiece of Del Monte goodness, so F it. Happy Christmas to me.

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3556 on: December 04, 2021, 03:11 PM »
Currently in talks with the seller. He says he bought them from a shop when it went out of business. Story goes they put the grips on for a build and the buyer changed his mind. So they were put back. So he says he genuinely didn't know they were cut, and from the state of the grips and the mess they left behind when I removed them I can believe that. Currently working to make both of us happy. I mean, these are 100% mid school Mushrooms and quite obviously never used. They have dried out and petrified a bit, mind.

I did get my grips on OK. One side is about 5mm longer than the other, meaning I had to push the grip on and squish it a bit on the shorter side to get it all on.

Can work with that, though. The only other thing bothering me is the seat post. I love it, but the rails on the seat are too thick for it. So the seat leans a bit.

NOS Perv post. Wanted too much so made a reasonable offer, was accepted. Then I needed a shim.

I now name thee "Money Pit Morales". That said, with these parts on it will be a killer bike. Every bit as killer as my STA and Barcode. Which is what I wanted.

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3557 on: December 09, 2021, 06:28 PM »
I got a partial refund for the bars. Was very happy about that. The rest of the parts have now arrived, even the Hermes ones which reached the pit of doom (IE - routed to wrong depot).

So it's all there to build when I get back. Being it's a show pony and a part of my top 3 (Barcode, STA and this) I wanted the option of riding it. I wasn't happy with the tyres at all, so I got a pair of Maxxis Hookworms in 1.95

I also wanted to change the sprocket, given it broke three of my toes and I kinda ruined it (the hole is egged). Been searching all day for 32 and 34, nothing. Forgot the sod in the middle  :LolLolLolLol:

Perfect. Will send it to my friend with the machines to make the hole the correct size, then do something creative with it as I have plenty of paints and etc left. Partial polished, partial paint I reckon.

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3558 on: December 11, 2021, 04:37 PM »
Probably going to scratch that idea. Too easy  :LolLolLolLol:

Found this today, 34t max.

It's seriously burly.

In case you didn't get the memo the plan with the Morales was to make it the heaviest bmx ever. Grabbed a 94 BCD ring 32 to go with it.

And will get my buddy to make me a custom power disc. For the heaviest sprocket ever lol.

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3559 on: December 13, 2021, 03:43 PM »
It's happening ! got my buddy to make me a "power disc" thingermebob.

Need to send him all of the parts, but yeah it's happening woo !

Holes are just place holders until he verners the bolts etc.

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3560 on: December 19, 2021, 05:05 PM »

I know, WTF is that thing doing on a BMX forum?.

You ever seen my track bike? AKA the flying machine.

Has a funny story this one. Quite a few years back I had a SE Ripper. Done up true noob tart style. It was too small (Rippers are smaller than PK Rippers) so I only rode it once. It got stolen and there were none for sale so I got reimbursed for a Mike Buff. Thing is I really didn't like that either. I mean I did, but a repop SE really wasn't something that interested me. You boys know me, I'm a 90s tank operator. So I sold the Buff off pretty cheap and was going to make bank, then that thing came up on Ebay for ?300. It was in Germany, NOS in the box and even rarer than the Buff. So I bought it. Put the mags on because at the time I was really fat and I was concerned about the skinny wheels, plus one of the stock wheels had a scratch on and the tyres were rotten (white) from it sitting in a box for nearly 10 years.

Since then I started adding carbon the more confident I got. Carbon forged cranks, carbon post, carbon Box One bars.

And a Chrimbo present to myself this time last year, a Selle Flight carbon body/railed seat. Stock this bike weighed 19lbs, with 3 pc Profile knockoffs on it. Oh, it also has a ceramic Kooka BB.

So this year after riding season was done (effing Covid) I bought a new front brake for it. Very spendy (Campag) as front brakes are law on bikes.

I want an Encore carbon mag for the rear. Problem is finding one that has a sprocket drive on one side and a disc mount on the other (that was the first upgrade, just a cheap Avid kit but it will put you over the bars if used irresponsibly).

Wheel news some tidying, but I've done all that before. Got a can of real 2k clear here, so will just refurbish the rim and touch up the spokes.

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3561 on: December 28, 2021, 02:19 PM »
'12 Sunday Funday grape soda. Well, what is left of it. Someone repainted it in totally the wrong shade.

Found these, they are spot on.

Total cost? 48 quid. For both, to my door. Hilariously I am 99% sure I still have this.

Nice Spring project.

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3562 on: January 16, 2022, 06:12 PM »
Back to the old school for me with this recent purchase. You probably saw it on eBay. It wasn't a steal but the Ukai's sweetened the deal. I can't wait to pick her up next weekend.
 :slayer:

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3563 on: January 18, 2022, 10:43 PM »
Hope there not weinmann wheels when they arrive  ;) personally I like a weinman anyway  :daumenhoch:

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3564 on: January 18, 2022, 11:23 PM »
Defo Ukai's Carl. I like the Weinmann's too though  fistblump

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3565 on: January 19, 2022, 01:54 PM »
 :daumenhoch: I never doubted you new  ;) :daumenhoch:

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3566 on: January 19, 2022, 04:08 PM »
Got these for my Vincent , was looking for rock bars, but these  Action Zones popped up ,so I spent my Christmas money and a bit of my car servicing funds😀 I will be changing the colour. I know some people like the survivors look, but they won't work in tatty green on my Vincent.

Just deciding what RAL to go for??

Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline wildon

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3567 on: January 19, 2022, 06:05 PM »
I was so temped by those Actions Zones on ebay but i just couldnt bring myself to strip that og finish. 
Don't blame you though ... very hard to find bars

Dont fancy chrome?
 :coolsmiley:

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3568 on: January 19, 2022, 06:34 PM »
I was so temped by those Actions Zones on ebay but i just couldnt bring myself to strip that og finish. 

Dont fancy chrome?
I know what you mean regards to stripping them.  It's a tough one. Chrome sounds good👍
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3569 on: January 19, 2022, 09:29 PM »

Ditto. Nice grab  :4_17_5:
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3570 on: January 21, 2022, 06:14 PM »
Got these for my Vincent , was looking for rock bars, but these  Action Zones popped up ,so I spent my Christmas money and a bit of my car servicing funds😀 I will be changing the colour. I know some people like the survivors look, but they won't work in tatty green on my Vincent.

Just deciding what RAL to go for??

They arrived today🇬🇧🇬🇧.

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3571 on: January 22, 2022, 03:15 PM »
Back to the mid school on this purchase. FSA Pig for a future build.

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3572 on: January 23, 2022, 07:59 PM »
Back to the old school for me with this recent purchase. You probably saw it on eBay. It wasn't a steal but the Ukai's sweetened the deal. I can't wait to pick her up next weekend.
 :slayer:

After a 2 1/2 hour round trip she arrived home with me this morning. I have no room for another complete bike so I set about breaking her down until I decide what I'm doing with her.
I wasn't sure on the year when I bought her but thought 80 or 81. I found a few dated parts to help me out. The Ukai rims are very nice indeed, worth the trip alone. The freewheel was a Suntour dated July 1980, so I'm guessing the rims and hubs probably are too. The Suzue hubs are not dated. The rear brake is a Dia-Compe 890 dated May 1980. The front is a Landar and the levers are DX type. The cranks looks to be a Sugino cottered with three arrows style 46 T sprocket and guard. Pedals are VP, seem to be newer replacements. The Win slant stem is cool, it's a shame it has quite a bit of chrome loss on the top of the shaft. It's dated CK but but I can't find any info on Win's dating format. The 25.4 seat post isn't dated but it's stamped Japan, it's ever so slightly bent though, and zig zagged too. The seat is a velo lightning bolt type and is dated 2020, quite a nice seat though. The white Tange grips are in good shape, not blown out at the ends, just a bit grubby. The bars are basic, very pitted and rusty. The headset is not stamped but looks to be og and MX2 type.
The forks are Tange and dated March 1980. As you can tell they have been resprayed with a mismatched blue. I thought they were not original until I saw the same blue paint that is on the frame on the steerer. Do I dare try to strip off that colour and see how much og paint is underneath ?
The frame stumped me during my research before the purchase. Yes it's an Apollo with og decals and Canadian shop sticker, however, all the other lugged Apollo's have a gusset with three holes in. This has the same gusset as the Shimano 4000 and the Hattori Sight bikes, they are not lugged frames though but do also share the same loop tail rear end and dropouts ? I cannot confirm what model Apollo she is, which is a shame. Im having trouble reading the frame serial number on the bb shell, I think I can see a 1 there, first or second digit. I thinks she's a  1981 model. 
The plan was to put the wheels on a special build which is boxed and waiting for assembly. Then a new wheel set and pass it on to my sister for the summer, thing is, I've fallen in love with the Apollo.
 :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:
Time will tell I guess :slayer:
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 08:02 PM by Chilli Rinse »

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3573 on: January 23, 2022, 10:39 PM »
My first BMX had cotter pin cranks. It was a total heap.

Every time I did a jump the cranks would slip the bent pin and move around. So I would have to kick it back around. Problem was back then there really wasn't an option to replace them with so the whole thing got binned in the end. Whoever thought that was a good idea for a BMX was smoking something  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3574 on: January 24, 2022, 10:36 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol: No doubt. You?d be better off with a opc. This Apollo has a euro bottom bracket though, so no choice but to run a 3 piece. Whether I keep it or give it to my sister it's getting a proper 3 piece eventually.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx