gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
973191 Posts in 138665 Topics by 6211 Members - Latest Member: HotWheels100 May 19, 2022, 02:12 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...  (Read 394273 times)

Offline SDF

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Re: Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...
« Reply #3625 on: May 09, 2022, 07:04 PM »
A Nice pair of CW freestyle bars landed??
They look similar to MK2 Burner bars, are mine legit? fistblump

Don't quote me on it but I think I remember finding out that the knurling is a solid diamond pattern on the CW's. Others will be able to confirm if that is right or wrong Steve. You would probably expect some nicer welds on the CW's too I'm guessing.
Looking good whatever they are  fistblump
Many thanks , I'll check  the knurling tomorrow, the welds are mint👍Love your new ride.

Steve.
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. ......

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Cherry Picker
  • I'm gonna need a bigger shed 😂
  • Rated:
« Reply #3626 on: May 09, 2022, 07:28 PM »
Cheers Steve. Are your bars 27 inches wide ? Looking at a few sold pairs on the museum 27 seems to be the magic number 👍🏼
Low end French does it for me ! 😂

Offline SDF

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #3627 on: May 09, 2022, 07:53 PM »
Cheers Steve. Are your bars 27 inches wide ? Looking at a few sold pairs on the museum 27 seems to be the magic number 👍🏼
👊🏻Thanks for the info. I'll measure them tomorrow 👍👍
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. ......

Offline Midschoolfool

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3628 on: May 11, 2022, 01:26 PM »
Decided to upgrade the track bike.

With more carbon.

Bontrager. Will refurb them and paint the silver areas black. Then clear the whole lot. The slight offset will be nice, as the bike was designed as a fully fixed. Meaning with proper pedals on there and no straps the front wheel hits your feet if you are not careful. The offset will push the front wheel out ever so slightly.

Plus it will be a huge weight drop, given those LG are steel. I've got a Campagnolo TT front brake to put on it too with some white tuff pads, but will save that until I fit the fork. Also getting slimmer tyres too.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3629 on: May 13, 2022, 11:45 PM »
I'm finally doing it.

Spotted that on Ebay for 60 quid. Knew it was a HED, didn't know which. Turns out it's a '93 Tour De France wheel, and they are worth 10x what I paid. Got onto HED who told me it uses all Shimano hardware, so the rebuild will cost me 20 quid.

Then to knock it down to single speed.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx