gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975501 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6343 Members - Latest Member: dan-dare March 28, 2024, 10:06 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...  (Read 540575 times)

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
Re: Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...
« Reply #3625 on: May 09, 2022, 07:04 PM »
A Nice pair of CW freestyle bars landed??
They look similar to MK2 Burner bars, are mine legit? fistblump

Don't quote me on it but I think I remember finding out that the knurling is a solid diamond pattern on the CW's. Others will be able to confirm if that is right or wrong Steve. You would probably expect some nicer welds on the CW's too I'm guessing.
Looking good whatever they are  fistblump
Many thanks , I'll check  the knurling tomorrow, the welds are mint👍Love your new ride.

Steve.
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • I'm gonna need a bigger shed 😂
  • Rated:
« Reply #3626 on: May 09, 2022, 07:28 PM »
Cheers Steve. Are your bars 27 inches wide ? Looking at a few sold pairs on the museum 27 seems to be the magic number 👍🏼
Low end French does it for me ! 😂

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3627 on: May 09, 2022, 07:53 PM »
Cheers Steve. Are your bars 27 inches wide ? Looking at a few sold pairs on the museum 27 seems to be the magic number 👍🏼
👊🏻Thanks for the info. I'll measure them tomorrow 👍👍
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3628 on: May 11, 2022, 01:26 PM »
Decided to upgrade the track bike.

With more carbon.

Bontrager. Will refurb them and paint the silver areas black. Then clear the whole lot. The slight offset will be nice, as the bike was designed as a fully fixed. Meaning with proper pedals on there and no straps the front wheel hits your feet if you are not careful. The offset will push the front wheel out ever so slightly.

Plus it will be a huge weight drop, given those LG are steel. I've got a Campagnolo TT front brake to put on it too with some white tuff pads, but will save that until I fit the fork. Also getting slimmer tyres too.

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3629 on: May 13, 2022, 11:45 PM »
I'm finally doing it.

Spotted that on Ebay for 60 quid. Knew it was a HED, didn't know which. Turns out it's a '93 Tour De France wheel, and they are worth 10x what I paid. Got onto HED who told me it uses all Shimano hardware, so the rebuild will cost me 20 quid.

Then to knock it down to single speed.

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3630 on: May 20, 2022, 03:08 PM »
More parts for the big cruiser. It only took 4 days to realise my disc brake would no longer work  :LolLolLolLol:

I bought a Campagnolo TT brake for the front about two years ago and never fitted it. It looks like this.

It's gorgeous tbh. Any way I tried to find one for the back but couldn't. After many hours of searching I settled upon this.

Was half the price of the TT brake too. I also needed a tubular tyre for the rear. Got this.

And some tape.

I haven't bought a front wheel yet, but am going to get a spoked wheel. So I bought two tyres by mistake, but they were only ?12 each in the clearance so I didn't bother to cancel one.

The next thing I wanted were killer brake levers. It only came with one originally, some cheap Tektro affair. I needed two obs, but wasn't sure what to get for a disc brake. So I bought some cheap Avid levers to make sure. They were fine, but obs a bit bottom drawer.

I wanted Paul levers really. Even after my disappointment with the one I bought for my BMX it has performed flawlessly, and I love CNC stuff. Problem is they are ?90 each. Stupid tbh. I went and had a look on Brick Lane Bikes and they do their own CNC levers for ?33 each.

I got a pair in white. I have a sneaking feeling they are made by Paul, because BLB are the main seller of Paul levers in the UK. Either way they're much more befitting of the bike. The only thing that is totally gone is the grips. They are worn, and they are filthy. So I got some more spendy ones  that you don't have to hold if you are not going stupid fast (for cruising)

Then some grease to rebuild the wheel and axles.

A bearing magnet.

And the tools to fit the single speed conversion.

Will try and decide on a wheel at some point over the weekend for the front.

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3631 on: May 21, 2022, 04:56 PM »
Front wheel cost me 30 quid. Unless you go carbon there is no point in going nuts.

I might convert it to through axle, IDK. At 30 quid I wouldn't be terribly worried about losing it. Good hub on it too.

I sometimes forget how cheap things can be without the three letters B M and X attached to them. Crazy really. Any way, I got a wheel bag. This is for the rear wheel.

I holiday in Hampshire every Sept/Oct. Obviously it's a toss up with the weather, which is why I got the cheapest wheel bag there is. I will know better at the time as to what to expect weather wise. I did get a cage though. Of course the PK is a PITA for this, as it only has one round tube. I am hoping it works on the seat tube.

If not I will have to send it to my friend to model in 3D and print me some brackets for the down tube. I got a bottle to go with, as I am tired of having to stop, get off, take off my back pack and get out the drink etc.

Then I decided to get anal. What else is left I don't like? this.

Cheap generic steel bolts. IDR why I used those, but hey fix it.

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3632 on: May 23, 2022, 02:20 PM »
Forever bike.  :LolLolLolLol:

I am going to change the stem. It is not the correct size for BMX bars, so I am using shims. Which when you look closely doesn't look right. I have this in the loft.

I am trying to remove white from the bike. It's just a dirt magnet. So I got these.

I can also use tugs now that the disc adapter is going.

I think the final piece will be a nice orange hope seat clamp, once I know what size it is.

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3633 on: May 25, 2022, 05:28 PM »
Got a head doctor. I fookin HATE those star nuts !

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3634 on: May 25, 2022, 06:12 PM »
Doh. That would have sucked.

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3635 on: May 27, 2022, 01:22 PM »
Don't like the white front wheel. I ordered it right off the back of ordering the rear, totally forgetting how much white I will be replacing with either orange or black. The red decals make it worse, and then of course the grey hub which would match nothing.

Thankfully that wheel only cost me ?28 delivered, and will make a lovely spare. Instead I got a Campagnolo Calima. 60 quid. It will be much lighter too, something I wasn't happy about. The white one weighs more than the HED with all of the hardware on the HED. Which is kinda mad.

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3636 on: June 02, 2022, 09:13 PM »
Hopefully the final piece of the puzzle. So pedals.

This bike is proper weird. It came with these tiny pedals. Which tbh worked fine, but looked pretty stupid.

They were like tiny round traps. Now you are supposed to strap your feet to them. But tbh? there's more chance of you getting a hand shandy of her maj than that happening. So I put on some orange Superstar Nano X. Problem is they are huge. And, when you hit like 30 and the adrenaline is going you tend to steer the front wheel right into your foot, making you shat yourself.

I learned in the end not to steer with my foot out, but every year I do it at least twice and shat myself. This is a bloody fast bike, and tbh I don't want to come off it at full tilt. So I have been eyeing up Hope's orange F12 junior pedals for years. Problem is they are 110 quid. So the other day I figured sod it, full "find something" mode. After many hours? the choice is actually pretty limited. Just as I was about to give up I found some of these on sale for 41 quid, down from 65.

Ticked all the boxes. Tasty, alu, and very small. They are actually kiddy's pedals. But that is exactly what I have been looking for.

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3637 on: June 04, 2022, 11:01 AM »
Repo Comp2's for the JMC (to ride on), and a Repo Mongoose seat (for the goose I've not got yet  :uglystupid2:)

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Then some more RadKaps (for the Changa), and a rather cool Damian sketch  :smitten:

**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3638 on: June 04, 2022, 12:51 PM »
All the bits for the Super Burner arrived this week. The frame , forks and bars are off to MR CREATIONS for super chrome.

It's not a keeper, so when it's built I'm moving it on👊🏻

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3639 on: June 20, 2022, 10:57 PM »
Hey guys, hope you all (applicable) had a good Fathers Day. Here's what my oldest got me, blew me away. Bless her, another set for the collection  :smitten:

**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3640 on: June 20, 2022, 11:51 PM »
I have just paid for this tonight. Mosquito clamp for my fubar Sugar Baby build.

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3641 on: June 21, 2022, 10:39 PM »
Something a little 'out of the norm' from our Decal master  :4_17_5:

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3642 on: June 29, 2022, 02:49 PM »
Some GT lookalikes standers landed👊🏻

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3643 on: June 29, 2022, 09:51 PM »
Are you moving any on Steve ?

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3644 on: July 03, 2022, 09:23 PM »
Hello darkness, my old friend.

My fave BMX ever. In '96 I thought BMX was dead. I had absolutely no idea it was even still a thing, after a 4 year break. As soon as I saw X on Channel 5 I realised it was born again. So, I went down to Evan's in Croydon and bought a Haro Shredder.

I hated it.

Over the next year I subbed to Ride UK, and when I saw the Schwinn I was sold. It cost me ?179.99 from Cyclesport in Grantham? Leicester. The review stated that yeah, it was Hi Ten, however, the components were good enough to belong on a bike twice as much.

So I bought it, and sold my Haro to my cousin.

I rode that thing for 2.5 years. TBH? I wish I had just kept it. Instead I got greedy and sold it, buying the STA. I just wish I had never done that, as it led to a path where I would get a ?2000 Quad stolen. I should have just kept the Schwinn. In the time I had it I put on some gold Maxy Cross that I got NOS for ?25 (again, Cycle City) and had it painted "Hubba Bubba metallic pink". This colour.

The bubble colour (so the lighter pink). I got gold Hydraglide decals and it looked stunning with the pink with gold parts on. I ended up trading it in at Evan's for a set of Super Pro for the QA.

Then it sat in Evan's window in Croydon for about a year. They wanted like ?700 for it. I don't think they knew it was a Powerglide  :LolLolLolLol:

In the end they sold raffle tickets and someone won it. Never saw it again.

Expect it to be pink. Very pink.

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3645 on: July 04, 2022, 04:03 PM »

I need to stop this  :LolLolLolLol:

So I figured I would just take a look.... Never ends well  :LolLolLolLol:

Like I said in the previous post, I had NOS gold Maxy Cross on the PG. Now I knew that that was never going to happen. Mostly because they are rocking horse poo at the best of times, but NOS would kill me. Plus I just didn't see the point.

The stock bike looks a lot like this.

So I put "Schwinn cranks" into Ebay and...

Twenty quid. Man, I've been doing it all wrong in the past  :LolLolLolLol:

Outer ring is 39t, absolutely perfect. The inner is just a through bolt with some spacers. So that will come off, leaving me with the cheapest crank set and sprocket I think I have ever bought. I then have plenty of ways of getting it into an American BB. I can either buy an unsealed square taper like I had on the PG in the 90s, or, go with a cartridge and euro converter.

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3646 on: July 04, 2022, 06:07 PM »
Now to make it look like mine.

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3647 on: July 05, 2022, 04:02 PM »
Off to Moore Large for the 4 quid odd Velo seat.

And got two pair of these. They are designed for grip shift, so one is shorter. So I bought two to give me two long ones.

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3648 on: July 14, 2022, 06:44 PM »
A couple more sets for the collection

White and green to go...

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3649 on: July 20, 2022, 11:35 AM »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx