gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 28, 2024, 12:13 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...  (Read 548961 times)

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • I'm gonna need a bigger shed 😂
  • Rated:
Re: Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...
« Reply #3875 on: January 13, 2024, 01:31 PM »
Thanks for the offer Pete, and thanks for the heads up Andrew  fistblump
They landed yesterday and were worth the money, where are you going to find them again ? Except from the same seller who has them in grey too 🤣
So here we have some original Eastern Jane decals straight out of the mid school.

IMG-1112" border="0
Low end French does it for me ! 😂

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3876 on: January 13, 2024, 04:02 PM »
Yup was a great price and you can't beat originals. I don't even think they are repop tbh.

Jane isn't a very high end model but tbh? as a minter it would be in my collection. They are not common, and now you have the proper decals.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3877 on: January 17, 2024, 01:07 PM »

I'm the bellend who rode a 70 quid NOS Pitbull in 2018 and managed to fudge it  :LolLolLolLol:

It's broken atm, but bodged. Not happy with that I bought the above, missing its cam. No worries.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3878 on: January 18, 2024, 02:13 PM »
On the same place as finishing bikes... I want the T1 finished once and for all. I put the green sprocket on there before Xmas, looks superb.

What I hate is the front wheel. And I really hate it. I hate the polished lip (makes the tyre look shit), I hate the black spokes (it doesn't match) and so on. Shame, because its a lovely wheel (Sun lite laced to Mirraco hub).

So I had one built.

This is what I mean when I say I hate the front wheel. I have had three sets of tyres on there, but it just got progressively more shit looking.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3879 on: January 27, 2024, 06:53 PM »
Right, still determined to get all the bikes done this year and be done with it I bought two more chains.

12 quid each. One is for this, as the gold one looks totally poop.

And the other is for the STA (currently has a cheap ass BSD chain on).

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3880 on: January 31, 2024, 09:23 AM »
Finally found a nos Izumi white chan for my Neil Ruffell replica. Just wiping the  tiny bits of grime of it, then it's time to fit it.

The bike will then be an exact replica of the Kellogg spec. I started collecting bits in 2009 ,and it's now finally complete👍
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 09:53 AM by SDF »
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3881 on: January 31, 2024, 05:44 PM »
Looking forward very much to seeing that.

I can really relate to Neil tbh. Poor sod  :'(

I've not bought sod all and it is amazing how fast the cash piles up. I bought the building materials to do the loft and today I finally got started. Finished off the side of the floor, just the back to do now which should be easier as it is not capped in. So yeah, with being busy doing all that I just haven't bought anything. And thing is? what I did buy (the Pitbull 2, front wheel for the T1, chains for two bikes and etc) will keep me busy for weeks once I get the loft done. Then of course there is the F-it which now has every part ready to build and ride. Thing is? again I just haven't had time to do that. Then again, will be better to wait. I think turning 50 last week has had me slow down a bit.

Steady roll to the coffin now  :LolLolLolLol:  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3882 on: January 31, 2024, 06:34 PM »
Looking forward very much to seeing that.

I can really relate to Neil tbh. Poor sod  :'(

I've not bought sod all and it is amazing how fast the cash piles up. I bought the building materials to do the loft and today I finally got started. Finished off the side of the floor, just the back to do now which should be easier as it is not capped in. So yeah, with being busy doing all that I just haven't bought anything. And thing is? what I did buy (the Pitbull 2, front wheel for the T1, chains for two bikes and etc) will keep me busy for weeks once I get the loft done. Then of course there is the F-it which now has every part ready to build and ride. Thing is? again I just haven't had time to do that. Then again, will be better to wait. I think turning 50 last week has had me slow down a bit.

Steady roll to the coffin now  :LolLolLolLol:  :LolLolLolLol:

First purchase for a while for me also. Got a court case in  March employee tribunal, so been holding on to my pennies. Good idea on the loft conversion, post a couple of pics when you get a chance. Steve.
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3883 on: February 08, 2024, 02:08 PM »
Two sets of.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3884 on: February 13, 2024, 01:04 PM »
Last night I committed a cardinal sin. IE, don't buy things when you are off your nut on sleeping pills.

I saw a set of 2pc NOS mid school bars. Absolutely beautiful.

But I did not read the description. And this could have turned out to be a total waste of fifty quid. I mean, I thought they were cheap.....

When I went and sat down and actually looked at the listing it said they were oversized. In other words? they only work with the stem they are supposed to be with  :LolLolLolLol: hence the name, ATI Rack And Pinion. Note the and. Well there wasn't an and. FUDGE.

Had a look around and quelle surprise, no one makes a BMX stem in 28.6. And I do mean no one. Thinking they would be wall art I then found this.

Also NOS. Just one problem, he is in the states and WON'T ship to the UK. Good thing I got mates out there really. Cost me $15 plus $8 to get it to my mate. Even if that doubles the whole setup comes in at around 100 quid and you don't get much rarer or minter than that.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3885 on: February 13, 2024, 01:38 PM »
On the subject of the code. This is the front wheel I had made for it.

Then as if by chance this came up on a group on FB for 6.50 shipped.

And then today after getting over the shock of buying those bars and stem this popped up. I have no idea what in the fook it is, but I want it  :LolLolLolLol:

I mean ffs LOOK AT IT.

Tenner. Might need a shim, but I WILL make that work.

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #3886 on: February 14, 2024, 11:57 AM »
That's one funky ass lever!! Almost a perfect colour match for the headset top cap too! :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3887 on: February 14, 2024, 06:28 PM »
I've been trying to work out what it is but no dice. He did mention MTB, but whatever I love it. Yeah has a Paulish kinda vibe to it, only for sod all money (was a tenner delivered). I reckon that's a M10 adjuster too, and I bought 6 of them recently in error, so with any luck that will fit OK.

The stem is being shipped within the USA, so my mate will forward that on to me when he gets it. Should make a nice upgrade for the code, and another chrome front end in lovely new mid school chrome.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3888 on: February 16, 2024, 05:31 PM »
lmao the lever. LOL the effing lever  :LolLolLolLol:

It's as ridiculous as the bloody bars  :LolLolLolLol:  :LolLolLolLol:

I also got this for the code too.

And a Proper Firewire linear.

Edit. After a lot of messing around I figured out the barrel adjuster is M8 1.25. And the only adjuster I can find in that size is a big F off motorcycle clutch adjuster. So naturally I bought it  :LolLolLolLol:

It's deffo not a clutch lever though, and I would be amazed if you could short pull a motorbike brake with it tbh. Thing is it is 22.2. So it must be for MTB? F knows. All I know is I love it.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 05:34 PM by Midschoolfool »

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3889 on: February 17, 2024, 12:58 PM »
I've been doing some research.

The bars are as rare as hen's teeth. They were launched in summer of 2000 as Nookie bars.

The strange thing is someone else made bars by that name. Which may be why they changed it? IDK. This is the kit here.

They then relaunched them in 2005 as the Rak bars. They did them in two sizes, 6.5 and 8.0. That is what the "Rak 8.0" refers to. I was wondering what that meant.

But, those were also launched in two types. One flared out at the stem clamp to 28.6 like mine, and the others flared in to 7/8.

Looking around? in the USA they sell for around $250 for the set (stem and bars). And that is very used.

I am going to have a chat with my pal tomorrow over voice. He has now received the stem in the U.S, so we will talk about postage options to here. At least I can get it marked as a gift with its actual value (a mere $15 is what I paid for the stem) so I shouldn't get nailed with VAT or what not (being a gift under $40). Then again I expect the govt to ignore that as usual and nail me any way, but I reckon it will be worth the sting.

Offline Quadog

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3890 on: February 19, 2024, 09:22 PM »
Would love to know how you manage to upload pics  "help"

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3891 on: February 21, 2024, 11:13 AM »
First of all you need a proper internet device.  No phones or tablets.

You then need to go to imgur and create an account.

Once you have both of those done I will put up a brief guide on how it works.

Phones and tablets are useless. Jack of all trades, master of none.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3892 on: February 24, 2024, 04:35 PM »
stem is coming on Monday.

Not bad since it was only dropped off in Delaware last Weds. Then again at $28 I would expect it.

So I treated myself to these.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3893 on: February 26, 2024, 12:17 PM »
I think the stem is here. Mum said "Well I dunno, it's just a big lump of metal"  :LolLolLolLol:

BTW I think I have also worked out what the brake lever is, and what it is for.

It said in the listing "Mid school mountain bike".

Remember those? now cast your mind back to this pic, and in particular this bit here.

And we get our answer.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 12:29 PM by Midschoolfool »

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3894 on: March 01, 2024, 07:47 PM »
After three sets of tyres on the code I have decided on the forever set. Was a toss up between these, Holy Rollers or Creepy Crawlers, but the .com on the end of those was nagging me.

I also got them staggered, 1.85 for the rear and 2.1 up front.

I had decided a long time ago it was going to be a rear brake only trail slayer. It doesn't have a potts mod on either, and I have lots of gyro laden freestyle bikes.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3895 on: March 08, 2024, 02:41 PM »
Bit annoying. Rear one was lovely, front one was filthy and covered in release powder. Thankfully I have dealt with this before, just needs a good strong degreaser.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3896 on: March 09, 2024, 03:10 PM »
Right, time to address the PK. I reckon a month and I will have it out riding.

I changed the rear cog to a 16t, down from an 18. I threw the 18 out, figuring it was Chinese shit, worn and yeah.

I underestimated what my legs can do now  :LolLolLolLol:

I thought making the bike mega light would make it easy, it didn't. Getting it up to speed is fookin 'ard work and I am too old. In perfect weather conditions with no wind on perfectly flat ground? oh aye, I would fly. But that never happens.

I bought an 18t. Nice light one. Then realised it won't fit bah. It's for a 11t freehub body, mine is 7.

I decided to drop the chain ring. Mostly because it would be easier than taking the freehub apart, and I could remove links instead of adding them (easier).

I thought I had a 48t on there, but it turns out it's a 46.

So first I got this. Cost me a score.

130 BCD, 44t. Which will put the bike back to where it was before (fast AF). Then I found this for an additional tenner.

It's a 16, same as now, only vastly superior AND comes with the guard. Basically if my chain comes off the rear sprocket? I mangle a 30 year old, rare as fudge carbon wheel.

In for a penny work wise. I mean, I have to swap the BB out too for the Ti one so I may as well spend a day doing it right.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3897 on: March 09, 2024, 03:11 PM »
Better pic of that and what it is. Expensive, basically.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3898 on: March 13, 2024, 02:14 PM »
Hey Toby, we're having a Jane off  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3899 on: March 17, 2024, 11:18 AM »
After 7 years of pure joy and many happy miles the final part of the PK is going. Au revoir PK  :(

Don't feel bad though  :LolLolLolLol: I don't.

Weighing in at a bulimic 3.11lb I present, Monday's Child.

I think I need to phone the insurance company  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Today I bought, or it got delivered, or I fitted...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx