gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 01:59 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Which Decals To Use on my Mk1 Burner?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Which Decals To Use on my Mk1 Burner?  (Read 927 times)

750Rush

Which Decals To Use on my Mk1 Burner?
« on: May 18, 2012, 03:34 PM »
I've been wanting to dress the old girl for a while now. I've had her for just over three years and I think she deserves some more pampering. I've already treated her to a mk1 layback seat post, better condition mk1 seat, NOS Victor beartrap pedals, NOS Tange 1200 forks, MK1 repro padset from RussJ, AP V bars from Hollwuf, Tange grips, decent rider tyres, and even have a mint set of black skyways with white skyway decals for her - I know she's already been spoilt!

The question is, since fitting the Tange 1200 forks, what decals would go with the black and silver theme of the bike? I was thinking of buying a set of these decals on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130690478447'ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I've enquired, and the seller (who I think is a forum member on RB) can do them in white with red edge similar to the colours in the Tange fork decal. Will the white decals look a bit off with the rest of the bike? What colour combination do people think would look best on her? Thanks

She's nice and relaxing to ride, and the front is wheelie happy!

Last question, does anyone know why the SR chainring has threaded holes, perhaps for a chainguard? I've never seen one like it before.

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
Re: Which Decals To Use on my Mk1 Burner?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 05:46 PM »
Got to be Silver Decals  ;)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

750Rush

Re: Which Decals To Use on my Mk1 Burner?
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 06:23 PM »
I'm not sure silver would show up on the chrome Bendy?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Which Decals To Use on my Mk1 Burner?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx