gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975537 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 28, 2024, 10:17 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  Cyclopark - new BMX complex Kent, near Dartford. Tuesday 19th June @ 1pm
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Cyclopark - new BMX complex Kent, near Dartford. Tuesday 19th June @ 1pm  (Read 2075 times)

punkdSICO

Hey all

Directions
Cyclopark is located close to the A2 to the south of Gravesend, Kent. Take the A227 junction, (Gravesend Central) and follow the signs for Cyclopark.
For Sat Nav please use postcode DA11 7NP

Date:
Tuesday 19th June @ 1pm

Who's in?
me
Ed209
Webbie
TwoBobRob
gingerholmes (maybe)

Where in the Park?
At the Skatepark

Weather dependant!!  So please check the evening before to make sure its still on.

Price:
Im pretty sure it is dirt cheap, like £3 entry to the whole place but ill find out more after the weekend.

A few of us are planning to try the new super cool cycle complex near Blue Water in Kent.

http://www.cyclopark.com/about/interactive-map.aspx

Skatepark looks good:

There is also a race track for riders who are not good enough for freestyle  ;)

thanks,

Paul
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 05:11 PM by punkdSICO »

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Cant make it, But hope you have a good time.
Be careful of the track it's a bit burly and took a few people out last Sunday. The pump track next to the skatepark is a good starting point.
If you get there and you have some light rain, Stop riding as it's like an ice rink when wet :)

punkdSICO

If you get there and you have some light rain, Stop riding as it's like an ice rink when wet :)
Hey Gary - Im far too good looking to go out in the rain but thanks for the heads up..

:)

Paul

Offline webbie

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
work permitting im in  :daumenhoch:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Me too  :)

punkdSICO

Me too  :)
Ace!!  Five is definitely a party in my books!!

Paul

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
I mentioned it to gingerholmes yesterday, he might be able to bunk off work that day too.

Offline webbie

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
its raining :(

punkdSICO

its raining :(
That's fine, providing it is not raining 1 week today   :)  Have you got the dates mixed up as I am kinda reading from your comment that you believe the meetup is today?

Fingers crossed Tuesday 19th is dry..

ta,

Paul

Offline webbie

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Yep  :-[ i really should read through and take in whats being said . Good job it is raining because i was all set for today  :idiot2: lets hope it dry next week then.

punkdSICO

Pre-weekend bump..

Pissing down outside so lets hope for a change over the next few days..

Paul

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Could do with the wind fcuking off too.....

punkdSICO

Could do with the wind fcuking off too.....
Yeah, I was down my local dirt jumps today and it was a tad hairy..

Paul

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
I've got some issues with my knee at the moment. I believe it'll be ok to ride on even though I can't walk in comfort, but one good footslap will ruin me. I'm looking forward to a gentle cruise around on a clam day in the sunshine.....

punkdSICO

..Ive just added directions to the top of the page (taken from the site so no idea how good they are).

Weather forcast is looking perfect (20degrees, light wind, partially cloudy), but please check back in the thread before leaving tomorrow.

btw, Im planning on getting there just before 1pm as I need to be on the road at exactly 3pm :(

ta,

Paul

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
..Ive just added directions to the top of the page (taken from the site so no idea how good they are).

Weather forcast is looking perfect (20degrees, light wind, partially cloudy), but please check back in the thread before leaving tomorrow.

btw, Im planning on getting there just before 1pm as I need to be on the road at exactly 3pm :(

ta,

Paul

Short and sweet....

I'll be there around 2pm I reckon.

punkdSICO

Looks like its a go-er!!  Ill be there just before 1pm.  Hopefully Ed209 / Webbie / TwoBobRob / gingerholmes (maybe) can make it plus anyone else that fancies a quickie..

ta

Paul

Offline webbie

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
I cant make it today work gets in the way :( hopefully next time.

punkdSICO

Good to see you all today (Webbie, TwoBobRob and gingerholmes).  My first time at CycloPark and I was pretty impressed; its a great setup and the skatepark was worth going to for sure..

I'll probably try and get there every few weeks so ill shout the next time im going..

PS: thanks for the pointers, TwoBobRob & gingerholmes..

ta,

Paul

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
We stayed on about another hour or so, continuing to just nibble around the place.

Worth a visit, I'll look forward to trying to hit some lines next time.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Smallish concrete park, nice mix of tranny and flat bank stuff.

A few odd design choices and it's slippery of course.

The jump line is fed by a steep 6ft ish quarter either end with a weird feature in the middle of each quarter, it's a canyon basically, but not an open void like you'd expect, but instead a couple of inches of concrete chased out and painted red. Not the wisest idea I've ever seen.

It's worth a nibble Glen, but I suspect it won't be to your tastes. Bit small, bit limited. There's probably some decent lines around the clover bowl but I left my balls at home so all I did was carve around it.

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
sorry I didn't make it down... we got into our local indoor park for 3 hours of scooter free fun  :)
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Oh, hello there.

Nice of you to pop in....

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  Cyclopark - new BMX complex Kent, near Dartford. Tuesday 19th June @ 1pm

gfxgfx
gfx gfx