gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975526 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 20, 2024, 04:06 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  straightening forks
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: straightening forks  (Read 2034 times)

theRuler

straightening forks
« on: September 01, 2005, 04:27 PM »
i got some forks and they are a little bit dragster
is there a way of get them true again?

or are they doomed?

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
Re: straightening forks
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 05:09 PM »
yep...turn em round and ride into a wall, although i wouldnt suggest any more riding on a pair of forks that have been bent and re-bent, recipe for disaster IMO

Dave
haro, how do you do

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 05:14 PM »
What he said :)

Offline ORB

• Founding Fathers
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 07:43 PM »
Tell people they are ment to be like that, then sell em to Jono or Rad Man as rare JMC Spped forks....

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2005, 09:11 PM »
sell them to pkradman he had a nice set on his hutch that were bent lol
no1stuntmaster on instagram

weston

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 09:22 PM »
it depends how they are bent? do you have a pic? it would seriously make the forks weaker,depends if you want them for show or to ride, also you could probably buy some new ones for the same price as getting them straightened

MDev

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2005, 09:51 PM »
a long piece of scaffold pole and the drain outside my parents house, worked every time!

black rat

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2005, 10:01 PM »
I recently bought some mongoose forks from an ebay member...

Before committing to the purchase I e-mailed the seller, asking if the forks were straight...
because I thought I could see a slight mis-alignment on his picture

He responded, assuring me that they were perfectly straight.

I received them, quickly checked them over on arrival for any shipping damage and then stored them fo 4 - 6 weeks...
until ready to fit them to one of my frames.

Frame ready, I fitted a new headset, got the bars, grips, stem and brakes ready - only to find...

the forks are fooked !

A horrible twist and bend ! on the right side....  I could hardly get the wheel in, but when I did - it made the craziest lines !  :o

I contacted the seller, and he said "it must have been done on the way over here" (from US)
I responded " no way, the box was not crushed"
He told me to claim off the insurance !

Then I asked him to compare his original ebay listing picture with one I took...
Attempting to demonstrate that the forks look the same now as they did when he listed them !

I request a refund, he ignored my messages... until I informed PAY PAL and ebay, then he wrote to me saying how offended he was that
I took action against him !  :o

He eventually offered me under half of what I paid for them, I asked for $5 more and he has broken all contact !

Any advice on what to do next, would be appreciated... (ebay and PAY PAL are not really interested, because its been more than 30 days - they took 3 weeks to get here - should have been 7 - 10 days !)

I know one thing for sure, and that is these forks are not going to be straightened.

I'll give the seller one more chance to refund me, before I pursue more thorough action against him and give more details of this horror story ...

Here are some more pictures for your amusement  ;D

;D

weston

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2005, 10:26 PM »
i used to straighten frames & forks on my dinner hour at work for all the kids on the estate but ive just quit my job in the garage so i cant help anyone now but at least i come home clean ;D

theRuler

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2005, 11:08 AM »
i will give em a good flexing then

i like the wall idea. its practical and within my means ;)

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2005, 11:48 AM »
why dont you take them down to AA silencers in the town where the car auction is.he has a proper bending machine in there that would proberly do it.the fella's name is trevor 01785 213500
dave the bmxing gypo

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  straightening forks

gfxgfx
gfx gfx