gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975524 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX April 18, 2024, 01:36 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  How to Identify Bullseye Hubs and other asorted questions...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: How to Identify Bullseye Hubs and other asorted questions...  (Read 2429 times)

Woodsman

So I'M Finally getting round to sorting out my first build, which is going to be a an old school / new school retro cruiser....the question is how to i identify the age of my NOS Bullseye hubs that have just arrived from the US? Probably should have done a bit of research first but i got over excited when they came up on the Bay. Any advice you guys may have would be appreciated.
Also i'm in the market for some black 24" rims & gold spokes would you go new or old school? Its going to be a rider but wont be getting much use tbf. Hazard lites is what i'm thinking? But i'm a bit stumped at the moment.

stu70

Re: How to Identify Bullseye Hubs and other asorted questions...
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 12:06 PM »
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=375112

Should help a bit, you can age them by the colour of the bearings, alot of the bullseye hubs on ebay are modern versions and are not 'old school' Bullseye are still around making products today.

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 12:18 PM »
my set have 95 stamped on them somewhere inside,im guesing this is the year of manufacture,they look identical to os ones tho
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

Offline AKGOFF

• 900 Air
  • 85 Hutch 'Woody' Trickstar
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 12:24 PM »
Orange bearings :daumenhoch:
*******EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE APART FROM THE TRICKSTARS******

stu70

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 12:28 PM »
http://www.bullseyecycleusa.com/products

Scroll down to the bottom and it mentions hub decals/timeline.

:)

Woodsman

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 01:29 PM »
Thanks for the info guys, much more help than the 'other' bmx site..... So overall fairly difficult to tell if you have a new re-stickered pair? Oh well i guess its not the end of the world if they're not quite as old as i first thought....still stoked to have a set, i wanted a pair of these soooooooo bad bintd!

This place

Offline AKGOFF

• 900 Air
  • 85 Hutch 'Woody' Trickstar
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 04:41 PM »
Old or new, Bullseye hubs are ace.  :daumenhoch: I have about 8 sets. Love them.

Adam
*******EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE APART FROM THE TRICKSTARS******

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  How to Identify Bullseye Hubs and other asorted questions...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx