gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975501 Posts in 138922 Topics by 6344 Members - Latest Member: MTBMX March 29, 2024, 10:24 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Videos  |  Check Out These Lads - Haro Content
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Check Out These Lads - Haro Content  (Read 3895 times)

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Check Out These Lads - Haro Content
« on: August 24, 2017, 10:15 AM »
Bless them

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline wilsey72

• Team Moderator
  • 900 Air
  • Thats corn that is.
  • Rated:
Re: Check Out These Lads - Haro Content
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 12:15 PM »
Bloody rich kids!!
All the gear, no idea!

Although I wasn't that good  :-[ but my ramps were bricks and planks and it was all about how far I could fly.  ;D
GLOUCESTER RIDE 28th July 2018

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 12:22 PM »
Bloody rich kids!!
All the gear, no idea!

Although I wasn't that good  :-[ but my ramps were bricks and planks and it was all about how far I could fly.  ;D

My bike was shitter, my skills were better.

Offline wilsey72

• Team Moderator
  • 900 Air
  • Thats corn that is.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 12:30 PM »
Bloody rich kids!!
All the gear, no idea!

My bike was shitter, my skills were better.

My bike was shitter, my (freestyle) skills were shitter... but I'd go faster, higher, further, its all about the speed in the 80's for me (and the early 90's for that matter!!  :D :D).
GLOUCESTER RIDE 28th July 2018

Offline KeithyT

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 12:46 PM »
Now see this is what I am aspiring to! (no joke!) I think this is a cool beginner video haha! Mastering a smooth fakie is first for me...

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 01:12 PM »
Now see this is what I am aspiring to! (no joke!) I think this is a cool beginner video haha! Mastering a smooth fakie is first for me...

I loved a fakie and was king of rollbacks, in fact I was ok at most things on a quarter pipe except aerials, probably only ever did a handful, ramps were just so narrow then and I was always worried about falling off the side.

We did manage to build up our confidence on this bank though, the front lawn at my mate Holty's house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KeithyT

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 03:24 PM »
Crikey. I need some help Dan! Just given my first few rollbacks/fakies a try and failed miserably.  :LolLolLolLol:

I have a front drive that has a nice gentle slope on it so I'm rolling up frontways and then having to use the brake or balance it out for a rather long slowdown before travelling backwards.

I've tried sitting and standing but I'm about as equally useless on each. Is it best to look at bars, stem or straight ahead?

EDIT: watched a few you tube vids and the younguns do the push off the wall style on the flat, then a single backward turn of the crank before pivot and push off. Trying that way and although not cracked it yet, that way feels more natural and I will practice practice practice. Is there a freestyle for old fart beginners sub-forum in here?  "help" :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 04:19 PM by KeithyT »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Videos  |  Check Out These Lads - Haro Content

gfxgfx
gfx gfx