gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975535 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 26, 2024, 08:19 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Me & My Bikes  |  johndub71
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: johndub71  (Read 1164 times)

Offline not johndub71

• Look Back
  • Rated:
johndub71
« on: August 13, 2012, 09:39 PM »
Name:  John Whilde
Years Collecting: since 83
Interests: beer, vw, skiing
Dislikes: religious idiots
Favourite BMX: GT ProPerformer ala Fiola
Favourite Old School BMX Brand:  Landar for vfm, SE Racing for slobber value.

Bikes then,
Some taiwan built camoflage thing with dual drop out forks and a pig of a stem. Anodised yellow parts.
Marlboro Race team frame, died when the brake stay ripped off the frame. Had a set of acorn mags with it also. They cracked everytime you jumped a curb.
Replaced with some no name White Freestyle frame and fork combo with fake ez bars. That died when my mate fell of it and killed the top welds on the seat tube.
Bought some sh skyways with a coaster and rebuilt the marlboro. Also got some sh Haro vector stem bars combo. They were the best ever bars/geometry ever. Bob H did well with them. Got a mate to reweld a bracket to repair the rear brake.
Me mate Wayne Rider then sold me a Ammaco FS pro frame and some pro class rims. Then picked up some blue OGK mags and swapped it for a GT ProPerformer in Pink, again from Wayne Rider who had previously had it sprayed pink at Space Developments. Forks were iffy and the welds went on the drop out on the forks, so replaced with Tange alloy forks from JE James for a tenner new. Had full GT kit and black skyways with fake gold hubs. Smooth bearings tho...
Then I built a boss up after a 5 year no bmx time and this kid liked it because of knee savers and a sealed bb and offered me a full yellow properformer ala fiola. Ran it for a few years then sold it to pay for poll tax.

2003 I bought a  GT Zone new from Raynes of Alfreton where I used to work. Tweaked it by fitting an Excaliber crank and some haro knee savers. Took ill and left it in back of garden.

2012, moved here and saw the old school guys still riding. Mrs says why not... Zone currently has a perv splined seat post, gt piston stem, new rebuilt ez bars, odi grips, shimano v brake levers, crappy stock u brakes, vocal cables, aldi brake blocks lol, haro plastic pedals, stolen front peg and landar number plate. Wheels are non descript soon to be replaced with tuff 2s, tyres ring worm and the seat some jump padded thing. Tioga spider seat looking promiscing if I can get it past missis. Future are chromo forks and an old skool caliper, but my pride of fitment is the 30T we the people  alloy chain wheel which Winstanleys say is non fitting to a one peice crank. It fits now.

Will put pics up soon.
Facebook/Fr35Hair

Offline not johndub71

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: johndub71
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 06:38 PM »

me and my boy Dom.

Hope you like.
White skyways, chrome forks, side pull brake and a respray, or, a new frame.
Facebook/Fr35Hair

Offline not johndub71

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 06:41 PM »
Winstanleys reckon those WTP chainrings wouldnt fit, well at £5.99 it eventually did!
Facebook/Fr35Hair

Offline not johndub71

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 11:42 AM »

Knackered my front brake cable over weekend, so found this for not much more than a cable and 4 cans of golden larrap. I originally had a small sst thing which rusted like an old fiat so took it off. Only pita was the gyro is physically bigger in dia so had to fit the headset brace under the upper cup because the old one was smaller in dia. Appears to work well. Nice touch with upper clamp having a pinch bolt.
Facebook/Fr35Hair

Offline not johndub71

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 11:52 AM »

Facebook/Fr35Hair

Offline not johndub71

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 03:29 PM »

Postie bought some MDP standers today, so I got the step drill out and gave em 15mm holes to fit the Pro Zone lol. Missis says arent they collectable cos of the age? No sticker sadly..

Facebook/Fr35Hair

Offline not johndub71

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 03:01 PM »

Updates are Inertia Forks  :Great_Britain:, FSA Pig aheadset, Odyssey slick cable and a Diacompe Bulldog front caliper.

Still not sure on this new school top cap.  :LolLolLolLol:
Facebook/Fr35Hair

Offline not johndub71

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 08:14 PM »

Untitled by johndub71, on Flickr

Beater Haro for my step daughter Jess to have a go on.

Me n my lad, yes its a mullet and proud  :daumenhoch:

Facebook/Fr35Hair

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Me & My Bikes  |  johndub71

gfxgfx
gfx gfx