gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975533 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 24, 2024, 08:35 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Doing work for others
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Doing work for others  (Read 9847 times)

Offline JT Smooth

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Doing work for others
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2012, 07:22 AM »
Take pics of the items and work done, send them, them back and them name and shame  :daumenhoch:

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2012, 09:55 AM »
That suck's

But I don't get why you would do all the work and then send the stuff out without payment. Yes it can be for the good of RAD and as a "favour" but it's still your business. Take a leaf out of Dan's book and if they don't pay..shoot em....and keep the stuff until they do  :daumenhoch:
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

griff

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2012, 10:07 AM »
Prepare the wicker man.....

mattuknc

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2012, 10:08 AM »
As others have said, there's good nature and there's good nature, I think you've gone above and beyond here.  :daumenhoch:
I wouldn't let anything out the door without the final payment in hand. We all know you like to help folk out, and all should know not to take the pee.  :police:

Offline not johndub71

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2012, 10:40 AM »
Had it done to me in the past. If you still have the parts, send them a registered letter asking to be paid or said items will be sold to recover costs involved. Only option then is to threaten small claims court but that costs but if it serves a warning...
Facebook/Fr35Hair

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • funny you should say that..
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2012, 11:36 AM »
That's the way forward ... Burn em!!!
Seriously though.. It's a shame, should at least keep you in the loop and let you know if they've fallen on bad times or circumstances have changed ;)
Then burn em ;)
Griff loves BUM..

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2012, 11:39 AM »
name and shame Darren,if i havent got the $$$$$$$$ then i dont buy,if i cant pay instantly then i always explain why,but always pay immediatley when paypal fundage arrives,its not fair to fook people over,not here especially no way :2gunsfiring_v1:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2012, 11:59 AM »
Crap situation Daz :(

Some people seem to think good nature is something they can take advantage of,like its some sort of weakness :(

Personally i have repaired stuff and sent the odd thing out without getting payment first,but only for people i have dealt with before and know i can trust.

I have also custom made bits and pieces,for people i didnt know,only for them to not get back to me so im stuck with stuff :(

Anyone who does this though is noted and they get fook all in the future :daumenhoch:

If it were me Daz,i would just do jobs for guys I knew well,but thats just me......

rad_pitt

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2012, 12:51 PM »
name and shame Darren,if i havent got the $$$$$$$$ then i dont buy,if i cant pay instantly then i always explain why,but always pay immediatley when paypal fundage arrives,its not fair to fook people over,not here especially no way :2gunsfiring_v1:

^ this. If you can't afford to have work done, wait until you can.

Hope the situation resolves itself Daz  :daumenhoch:

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2012, 12:57 PM »
TBH i said on the dreaded BOTM thread that the hobby had become full of jealous backstabbing frauds and arse lickers  . I was shot down in flames for saying that . Now this is a typical example of my comment . Its a disgrace quite frankly

I remember when i got in to the scene 7 years ago and when you bought/sold anything you would stick so free goodies in the parcel . Stickers , dustcaps , memorabilia whatever .

Those days are well gone  :(

Good luck with your issue daz .................. There are some real good people left  :daumenhoch:                             somewhere  :police:
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2012, 01:24 PM »
Dunno what to say mate. I've met some really good people from RAD mainly through the riding side of the hobby to be honest. Obviously you have our support and best wishes with this.
Jon
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 02:59 PM by Jon The Bassist »

Offline AKGOFF

• 900 Air
  • 85 Hutch 'Woody' Trickstar
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2012, 01:56 PM »
Common decency is seriously lacking these days in every aspect of life. Give them a deadline to get the cash to you or reasonable explanation then if they're still not forthcoming name and shame, that at the very least will stop it happening to others.

Hope you get it sorted though mate.
*******EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE APART FROM THE TRICKSTARS******

griff

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2012, 04:20 PM »
Seriously though.. It's a shame, should at least keep you in the loop and let you know if they've fallen on bad times or circumstances have changed ;)
Then burn em ;)

I put that post in just for you Poochie dear
 ;D

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2012, 06:37 PM »
  For the record 1 has now paid so there's 3 to go .

Think i should put some right , if i still had the parts etc and they had not paid i won't be too fussed , the fact is i've sent / let them take the bits etc thats why i'm far from happy

Kappy
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 06:40 PM by Darren K.A.P »
Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

Offline stevesredvxr

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2012, 07:06 PM »
You said that BJ was for free Darren.....if I knew I had to pay for it I'd have give it a miss.!! ::)

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2012, 07:14 PM »
Not good at all, well one has come forward and paid, hopefully the others now will.

I'm with the slack jawed Weymouth sun tan lotion rubbing broke back mountain style gay boy on this, basically if i ain't got the £££££'s i don't get the work done.

One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2012, 07:19 PM »
You said that BJ was for free Darren.....if I knew I had to pay for it I'd have give it a miss.!! ::)

::)   yeah sorry Steve didn't relise i needed my glasses , time costs as you know trying to find it
Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2012, 07:46 PM »
TBH i said on the dreaded BOTM thread that the hobby had become full of jealous backstabbing frauds and arse lickers  . I was shot down in flames for saying that . Now this is a typical example of my comment . Its a disgrace quite frankly

I remember when i got in to the scene 7 years ago and when you bought/sold anything you would stick so free goodies in the parcel . Stickers , dustcaps , memorabilia whatever .

Those days are well gone  :(

Good luck with your issue daz .................. There are some real good people left  :daumenhoch:                             somewhere  :police:

Yeah I remember those days only too well  ::)

I only went round to Craig's just to buy a black MX1000 on a Wednesday evening  ???

and he made sure I got totally muntered free of charge  :buck2:  :buck2: :buck2:

An honest  good will gesture off course  :crazy2:  ,

I tell thee ,,, you don't get that customer care at TK Maxx  :shocked:  :D

« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 07:47 PM by Hunterdubber »

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • funny you should say that..
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2012, 08:11 PM »
Then burn em ;)

I put that post in just for you Poochie dear
 ;D
I new that lover ;)
Griff loves BUM..

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2012, 08:37 PM »
You're not going to like me for saying this, but anyway...

As I see it;

1. Send them a message giving them a deadline to respond. After that, name them, wipe your mouth and move on. Lesson learnt.

2. Don't be surprised if it comes to light that as it appears you're a wealthy man perhaps some people secretly think "it's only kappy, he's not going hungry - fcuk him". Another lesson.

This has happened to me outside of bmx in the past. People have had the misconception that I'm a wealthy fella - christ knows how they arrived at that conclusion - and I've had to read the riot act to them to get what's mine. These were so called friends too.

As someone else has already said, people will haveten mistake kindness for weakness.

In your shoes, I suspect I'd tell them to keep their money and choke on it. Then make sure the whole world and their mother knows those people are no good.

Fcuking kids bike.

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2012, 08:42 PM »
TBH i said on the dreaded BOTM thread that the hobby had become full of jealous backstabbing frauds and arse lickers  . I was shot down in flames for saying that . Now this is a typical example of my comment . Its a disgrace quite frankly

Those days are well gone

very true unfortunately  :(.
and agree with rob too.

dave the bmxing gypo

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2012, 08:43 PM »
We didn't have these problems did we Dord?

Offline Gtbill

• Cherry Picker
  • To fast to go slow
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2012, 09:01 PM »
Not good Daz.  Pm them and say it has to be paid  or you will send in the boys  :knuppel2: and not the gay boys  :LolLolLolLol:
Gtbill for all your watch and Jewellery needs

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2012, 09:12 PM »
The whole community isn't fu*ked just because of these 3 people. Lets get some perspective here... I still observe & experience great community spirit & kindness.  :daumenhoch:

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2012, 09:51 PM »
I've had something similar happen to me, a what I thought was a friend at my last job came to me one day almost in tears begging me to help him out, I lent him £200, he promised to pay me back in two weeks, almost a year later, I have got £100 back in two payments & every month I contact him & get another sob story & this is a so called friend who I helped out when he was in need, last month, I got "come on it's not like you're going to miss £100, you're going on like I owe you £100,000"  >:( after this I will never lend money out again, total Pi$$taker, so I totally understand how you feel Darren & I say fook them, name & shame & in future payment up front  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Doing work for others

gfxgfx
gfx gfx