gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975537 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 29, 2024, 08:58 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Why don`t Tioga just make some old school tyres ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Why don`t Tioga just make some old school tyres ?  (Read 2146 times)

ozone

Re: Why don`t Tioga just make some old school tyres ?
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2012, 09:07 PM »
Where else can people find these items apart from eBay and Vert- Ego etc?  

??? Er, BMX Museum, OZBMX etc...

Don't know about OZBMX and I don't use the museum anymore but I can't exactly remember it being 'bargain city' and I seem to remember that a lot of Septics refused to ship to the old world.  Kn0bs.   :LolLolLolLol:

Those Kenda K55's are a great compromise as they are just like Panaracers but I remember looking for a set a while back and they were only available from the States and the shipping was a bit of killer.   ::)

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2012, 09:25 PM »

Don't know about OZBMX and I don't use the museum anymore but I can't exactly remember it being 'bargain city' and I seem to remember that a lot of Septics refused to ship to the old world.  Kn0bs.   :LolLolLolLol:

the States and the shipping was a bit of killer.   ::)
They only refuse to ship as too many people over here have 'alledged' item not received and they have lost lots of dollars  :yahoo_silent:  You will find many will offer you insurance, at your cost of around $2.50, which covers you both. It costs $30 - $35 to ship tyres from the states, flat packed not folded, which is not much at all  :daumenhoch:  Just be polite and they will generally help you out. Or do as I do. Have a couple of members that will ship to you here and have them buy it for you with your funds. Just chuck them an extra few dollars for their time  :coolsmiley:  You come across far more tyres than you would over here so worth it in my opinion  ;)
BANNED

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2012, 09:54 PM »
Don't know about OZBMX and I don't use the museum anymore but I can't exactly remember it being 'bargain city' and I seem to remember that a lot of Septics refused to ship to the old world.  Kn0bs. 

I have not encountered one member on the museum who has refused to ship.

ozone

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2012, 08:10 AM »
Don't know about OZBMX and I don't use the museum anymore but I can't exactly remember it being 'bargain city' and I seem to remember that a lot of Septics refused to ship to the old world.  Kn0bs. 

I have not encountered one member on the museum who has refused to ship.

You must be buying crap that nobody wants then.  They like to keep the good stuff for themselves.   :LolLolLolLol:

Rob1

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2012, 05:23 PM »
Don`t be so silly .... got anything useful to say ?

Tioga are a massive company,they are in the game to make money,they reissued the comp 3 as they still use the moulds and it would not cost much to do this :daumenhoch:

Two sizes in one colour,so not difficult to do,plenty of people will buy em :daumenhoch:

Freestyle tyres,they would have to choose styles and colours and sizes

So st,s 1.75,2.125 white, black,red, pink,etc,which do they reissue ???,will they be stuck with loads of one colour ???

They have to make batches of tyres,not just a few to make it viable :daumenhoch:

If you want to ride with genuine o/s tyres,get your hand in your pocket,or be prepared to wait until some come up at the right price :daumenhoch:

Right ,so Duro , the company that make the Porkchop tyres , also a huge rubber company , are in it for the riders ? Of course not , everyone needs to make money and there`s obviously a market .
As for the colours and sizes , personally I would be happy if Tioga just did black skinwalls ( Sts , Pools whatever ) in a 1.75 . I never thought pink tyres were a good idea even in the 80s .

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2012, 06:39 PM »
You must be buying crap that nobody wants then.  They like to keep the good stuff for themselves.   :LolLolLolLol:

;D

There is cack but Ive had great items at great prices.  ;)

(That sounds like a crap slogan for a really shit supermarket!)

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2012, 06:40 PM »
Duro/hwa fong have been making bmx tyres for ages.

They will have all the moulds for comp st's,comp 2/3 etc

Some of the tyres Porkchop sells will already be made for oem bike companys for all kinds of cheap kids bikes

Porkchop has approached duro to make the tyres that he knows he can sell,obviously he had to say he will take so many of each style etc.

If Porky wanted o/s tyres we would have approached Tioga as well,maybe they said they werent interested ???

Food for thought :)

deeman

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2012, 10:11 PM »
How many tyes do you think would have to be ordered Andy'to make it viable?Pork Chop seems to have stopped doing the white ST's now!bit of a gap in the market! :daumenhoch:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2012, 10:21 PM »

Don't know about OZBMX and I don't use the museum anymore but I can't exactly remember it being 'bargain city' and I seem to remember that a lot of Septics refused to ship to the old world.  Kn0bs.   :LolLolLolLol:

Those Kenda K55's are a great compromise as they are just like Panaracers but I remember looking for a set a while back and they were only available from the States and the shipping was a bit of killer.   ::)

just brought mine off here for £30  :)
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2012, 10:23 PM »
I paid nearly £200 4 my black red wall comp ST's  :uglystupid2: But that said I never seen another set and they were NOS  :smitten: plus they look ace  :coolsmiley:

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2012, 10:35 PM »
How many tyes do you think would have to be ordered Andy'to make it viable?Pork Chop seems to have stopped doing the white ST's now!bit of a gap in the market! :daumenhoch:

No idea dude :D

Obviously they need to set up for each run,that will be a set cost :daumenhoch:

Costs per tyre will dilute,as numbers made rise :daumenhoch:

As for the white st,s maybe he will wait until he gets a few wanting them ???

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Why don`t Tioga just make some old school tyres ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx